Is Husker Football an Important Part of Your Personal Identity?

Losing games like this sucks. I've been a Husker fan since '65, listening with my grandpa on the radio.

It seems there are at least three groups of folks on this board.

1. People that love Nebraska Husker Football, period. They hate the losses like everyone else, and post legitimate opinions about staff and players. But they do so without malice, just well thought out opinions.

2. There are people who view themselves as Husker Fans, but have somehow let how the Huskers perform become an important part of their personal identity. These folks tend to spew hate at players and coaches at the drop of the hat, with no real thought opinions other than "such and such if an f@#$ing clown".

3. Trolls.

I can put up with the folks in groups 1 and 3. I feel badly for group 2. While they are vocal, gladly, outside of message boards they are a minority.

• Fire 5

Nope. This sucks and hurts but I'll go run errands and hang out tonight and everything will be just fine, because it's a game played and coached by people I don't know and that don't care about me. I'm a fan for a lot of reasons, and one of them is to be entertained. If you don't like the idea of losing, then be a fan of something other than sports, because that is what makes sports great - you never know the outcome.

The reactions of so many online are beyond childish it's mostly hilarious but also a good dose of pathetic.

• Fire 1

Nope. Life goes on, the sun will rise in the morning. Am I disappointed? Sure but bottom line is this: even if we would've won, many folks on this board would've complained how we won and it wouldn't have been kind. For any of the players that read this board-ignore the naysayers, learn from this game and press on. There will still be folks that will be ready to cheer you on! GO BIG RED!

• Fire 2

Nope. This sucks and hurts but I'll go run errands and hang out tonight and everything will be just fine, because it's a game played and coached by people I don't know and that don't care about me. I'm a fan for a lot of reasons, and one of them is to be entertained. If you don't like the idea of losing, then be a fan of something other than sports, because that is what makes sports great - you never know the outcome.

The reactions of so many online are beyond childish it's mostly hilarious but also a good dose of pathetic.

YOU KNOW WHAT!?!?... you're right. F winning. Who cares?

• Fire 4

I love the Huskers but they're playing like sh#t

Do you call the touchdown Andy made-crap? Do you call the way the defense held this team time and time again-crap? There were som crappy plays but the play wasn't all bad was it?

Ask any former player that put banners up - they were not, are not, and never will be okay with 'the play wasn't all bad, was it?'

YOU KNOW WHAT!?!?... you're right. F winning. Who cares?

Grown men with no meaningful or direct connection to the team they're supporting shouldn't care to the extent that they're depressed and raging and need to consume copious amounts of alcohol to cope with it.

Oh, you've changed my mind. Who gives a flying F if Nebraska doesn't win another game all season. You have converted me to your thinking. I always thought winning was awesome, but losing.. it's starting to grow on me.

• Fire 2

This is the first loss this year where I personally feel we deserved to lose - by several TDs really. they ate us up the second half and we sucked offensively for about 80% of the game.

Again, we lost the special teams phase. this one remains a head scratcher to me as we have talent there. Why oh why can't we win special teams.