What I keep seeing that needs fixed.....

Hunter94

Tommie was 11-28........wind or no wind, that sucks, he still throws off his damn back foot and he throws into a crowd when he panics.......still needs a lot more coaching.

Newby needs to be benched, when he runs into a crowd, he dances, pauses, falls on his ass......Janovich and Cross can't break the long ones often, but they can most often get 3-5 every carry.

Our secondary is a running scared, holding and interference calls were rampant.....needs a lot more coaching or recruiting.

Riley has a heart.........he's trying.

Newby needs to be benched, when he runs into a crowd, he dances, pauses, falls on his ass......Janovich and Cross can't break the long ones often, but they can most often get 3-5 every carry.

I swear about 80% of Newby's carries are straight ahead into the line. There is literally no room to run there. If the play is called for you to run into a crowd, you run into a crowd.

Tommy Armstrong is the best running back on the team. Put the ball in his hands with a legit damn qb run game and put some points on the board. Put Tommy back into a comfort zone.

if you run your qb more often than you pass, guess what? they start to play the run.....shades of T-mart, once they figured it out?

I swear about 80% of Newby's carries are straight ahead into the line. There is literally no room to run there. If the play is called for you to run into a crowd, you run into a crowd.

yup, that's the same place Cross and Jano run......only they break through for yardage.......hell, Jano should have been backing up Ameer last season, but Bo and Pecker-head were too stupid to see it.

Tommy Armstrong is the best running back on the team. Put the ball in his hands with a legit damn qb run game and put some points on the board. Put Tommy back into a comfort zone.

if you run your qb more often than you pass, guess what? they start to play the run.....shades of T-mart, once they figured it out?

then you go back to the pass with play action passes and read option gives.

It's got damned pee wee sh#t. Football is not complicated. I really believe that coaches make so much money anymore that they find themselves overthinking things too much. Not paying attention to the simple basics of a game. Clock management, etc.

• Fire 3

I don't think Newby played that bad actually. What's not getting discussed enough, IMO, is the fact that the coaches burned Jordan Stevenson's redshirt so that he could catch and down a couple kickoffs. WTF? Give him at least a couple carries.

boy, that's no sh#t.........another dumbass move by Riley.

• Fire 1

I don't think Newby played that bad actually. What's not getting discussed enough, IMO, is the fact that the coaches burned Jordan Stevenson's redshirt so that he could catch and down a couple kickoffs. WTF? Give him at least a couple carries.

Thank you! I mentioned this in another thread, I thought for sure with them burning his redshirt the coaches would be having a coming out party for him. Again I was let down by this staff. Now we have three sophomore running backs next year...this is a complete mess

The coaches never said that JS was going to carry the rock yesterday. They stated he would play on the kick return team. He played on the kick return team. The kid wanted to contribute to the team. He never would have come to NU if he was going to redshirt. Kids with his skills and potential don't redshirt. Some of you guys will never be satisfied.