Ok...I accept.

I've finally accepted who we are as a Program, and will not criticize the coaching staff or administration. We are an average college football program - we have been ever since we fired Solich. We're like Minnesota, Iowa, and Northwestern now - some years suck and some years are great, but never again will we consistently dominate.

GBR! Bring on the rest of the schedule!

Edit: P.S. I don't believe the Program has the financial resources it has purported to have in the past...I believe this talk was all a ruse, and Riley is probably the highest level of coach that we can afford at this time.

I've finally accepted who we are as a Program, and will not criticize the coaching staff or administration. We are an average college football program - we have been ever since we fired Solich. We're like Minnesota, Iowa, and Northwestern now - some years suck and some years are great, but never again will we consistently dominate.

GBR!

SWEET WE ARE LIKE IOWA WE ARE 6-0 HIghly ranked in Defense? And low ranked in penalties. OMG IM SO EXCITED.

WE ARE TOP 25?!??! OMG I AM SO EXCITED! THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!

Listen, we arent those teams. We are the IOWA STATE, or Purdue or Indiania of footall or worse.

We are the Nebraska of B10 football.

WINTER IS COMING.

• Fire 1

You're new around here. Moving goal posts.

Now that we are worse than any time in my life, apparently it's no big deal and if you're upset about it you need to reassess your priorities.

Whereas if it were the last 7 years it was life or death.

I agree - it's all good. Bring on Minnesota!

All of us want them to return, but odds are against that, no matter who is the coach. Only one team wins the enchilada so to speak. I just want to see effort on every play, trying to improve. I am not blind enough yet to think everything is great, and we are on the right track. But I do see kids that care, that want to win and are making every effort to do so. I have never asked for more than that. I never expect MNC or CC or even a win. I expect them to play to win, and I think the kids have done that every game. These losses are very hard on all of them, the staff, and certainly the fans of the program.

I still think Riley can get us back to being competitive within our division. I do not know if we have the ability to recruit with the Michigan's or Ohio State's. That means development of what we have and get.

I am not throwing the towel in on the season, and am hoping the kids don't.

• Fire 1

The way we collectively ran Solich, Callahan, Pelini (and probably eventually Riley) out of town...I'm starting to seriously wonder if we. collectively, aren't really The Worst Fans in College Football.

I've been as guilty of negativity as anyone. I'm beginning to think that we've been acting like a bunch of over-indulged and entitled idiots for the past 15 years.

Edited by Thanks_Tom RR
Merged these threads as they both relate to the idea that Nebraska is an "average" team.
  • Fire 3

GBR! Bring on the rest of the schedule!

Edit: P.S. I don't believe the Program has the financial resources it has purported to have in the past...I believe this talk was all a ruse, and Riley is probably the highest level of coach that we can afford at this time.

First, welcome back.

Second, Nebraska still has the capability to be a more consistent power than those schools you mentioned because...

Third, your bolded statement is 100% false. For the most recent available statistics in 2014, only 7 out of 230 public schools across the country didn't have to take any subsidies in their budget in order to remain afloat and Nebraska was one of them. Nebraska is one of only a handful of universities whose athletic deparmtents have a profit every year and last year they brought in $94 million revenue, turning a $4 million profit.

• Fire 1

What's the best hope for the program moving forward? Should we reasonably have hope for the future? I don't think it's crazy to expect that we are a just a mediocre program from now on. We had a chance to give the program a shot in the arm after firing Bo but it appears we did the opposite against all sense.

Am I crazy?

We're far from the worst. If you even remotely think that could be true, you need to check out the messageboards of Texas, Alabama, Florida State, etc. fans when they lose big games. It makes huskerboard look positively PG.

But our only claim to great fandom is how we treat opposing fans. Dealing with losses and poor performance we don't grade out very well - but who does?

• Fire 1

Is this really a thread? eyeswear2allthatsholy That you, AfroThunder?

Even the greatest fans in college football have lines in the sand.

And if you think the fans ran those three guys, of which:

- One became stagnant in playcalling

- The next was horrible in playcalling

- The next was an undisciplined a-hole who was the locker room cancer himself

- This current one seems to be nice, but he can't seem to win games that he should be winning.

you really ARE AfroThunder.... :hmmph

• Fire 1

We have huge merchandise gear sold nation wide. It is why when I lived near Iowa / MO/ IL border I could buy a Hukser T shirt. It is why I have bought Husker gear in TEXAS and in California. It is why I have bought Husker gear in NY. This is not at specialty shops but at like freakin wal marts etc....

After this lost. I cant find this type of trolling as Funny.