Iowa likely to be undefeated when they come to Lincoln

I'm not sure if it's ever happened before, but Iowa is likely to be undefeated heading into their final regular season game. They have been playing well this year, and when you look at their schedule, they have perhaps the easiest schedule of any team in the league. They don't play OSU, MSU, Michigan, or PSU. Their toughest remaining game before coming to Lincoln looks to be at Indiana.

With so many teams playing each other, they would easily be in the top 5 when they arrive assuming they are undefeated.

• Fire 1

Just watch: Iowa will find a way to blow a game they shouldn't before heading to Lincoln. I'm guessing the Indiana game on the road. They already have significant injuries, including their best defensive player (Drew Ott) for the rest of the season.

Still, their coaching staff fairly deserves a lot of credit. This is not a particularly talented Iowa team, but they are well coached and fundamentally sound--things that had taken a holiday in Iowa's program since their Orange Bowl run a few years back. Wasn't it Phil Steele who said that this was the least talented Hawkeye team in all of Kirk Ferentz's years at the helm?

Their fans are thoroughly obnoxious, but you have to tip your hat to the work being done by a head coach that many had left for dead (including me).

• Fire 1

Impressive season for Iowa.

Kind of concerning that even if we win today, we have Northwestern, Sparty, and Iowa to go up against. Have to win at least one, and take care of business, to get to a bowl.

NW is very beatable. They have a solid D but their O sucks. Stanford would drill them now. IMO the reality is that nobody in the BIG west is that good this year. Iowa is the tallest dwarf that lucked into not playing anyone good from the east.

I want them to at least lose one. Because if everything shakes out (Illinois losing 3 conf games, Wisconsin losing 3 conf games) and we beat Iowa, we will go to Big Ten Title game. If we could make it, heck yea.

We are out of the running for winning the West. That dream died last week. 0 chance.

Just watch: Iowa will find a way to blow a game they shouldn't before heading to Lincoln. I'm guessing the Indiana game on the road. They already have significant injuries, including their best defensive player (Drew Ott) for the rest of the season.

Still, their coaching staff fairly deserves a lot of credit. This is not a particularly talented Iowa team, but they are well coached and fundamentally sound--things that had taken a holiday in Iowa's program since their Orange Bowl run a few years back. Wasn't it Phil Steele who said that this was the least talented Hawkeye team in all of Kirk Ferentz's years at the helm?

Their fans are thoroughly obnoxious, but you have to tip your hat to the work being done by a head coach that many had left for dead (including me).

i used to think that about Gary Pinkel too, Missouri has held up well in the SEC since they transferred there........

I hope they are, most Iowa fans will tell you they're just waiting for this team to screw up and lose a couple games they shouldn't, they always do. I would love to crush their dreams of a playoff hope with a loss to us in Lincoln to allow us to go to a better bowl game................if we can get those 6 wins.

• Fire 2