Pro Football Focus Ranks Husker WRs #4 Group in the Country

Mavric

4. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Cumulative Grade: 11.5
Average Grade: 2.30
Nebraska’s WR corps ranks fourth on our list, with four of their five eligible receivers having earned a positive overall grade through 6 weeks. What carried this unit into the top 5, however, was the performances of Brandon Reilly (+4.6), Alonzo Moore (+4.3) and Jordan Westerkamp (+4.2), with each ranking in the top 50 receivers in the nation. Though they’ve struggled recently, posting their first negative games of the season in Weeks 5 and 6, both Moore and Reilly had fantastic starts to the year and each ranked in the top 15 overall amongst receivers through the first 4 weeks. While Moore hasn’t put up significant yardage numbers, he has provided his QB with a reliable and productive option, posting a WR Rating of 126.0 and hauling in 4 touchdown passes. Westerkamp has presented the biggest threat from the slot for Nebraska, ranking 20th in the nation with 329 receiving yards when lined up as a slot receiver. The Cornhuskers have a well-rounded group of receivers that have provided consistent production through much of the season, earning them a spot in the top five WR units in the country.

Link

• Fire 4

Props to Bo & his staff for recruiting most of these guys. Credit where credit's due.

Also I believe Fisher would have gotten these guys going as well. He was one of my favorite assistants on the last staff.

But, also credit to Tommy, and by extension Langsdorf & Riley, for getting the ball to these receivers.

AND, credit to the O Line, who without much rotation this year have been overall pretty darned solid. Those guys are getting gooder every week, and props to Cavanaugh for that, too.

• Fire 6

Props to Bo & his staff for recruiting most of these guys. Credit where credit's due.

Also I believe Fisher would have gotten these guys going as well. He was one of my favorite assistants on the last staff.

But, also credit to Tommy, and by extension Langsdorf & Riley, for getting the ball to these receivers.

AND, credit to the O Line, who without much rotation this year have been overall pretty darned solid. Those guys are getting gooder every week, and props to Cavanaugh for that, too.

While I don't disagree Fisher would've had them playing at a high level, look no further than Moore for someone who struggled under the former staff that is flourishing under this one. We were lucky enough to go from one great WR coach to another, but Williams really has unlocked his potential.

• Fire 3

And this is again why I say that our offensive situation isn't quite as simple as saying, "Let's just hand it off to Janovich."

To overlook just how dangerous our offense could be if we can just find high percentage ways to get the ball into the hands of these playmakers in space is very shortsighted. I really think we can score 35 against Michigan State. I think we'll crack 40 again this week.

I don't know, previous regime did a nice job recruiting WR, but it seems many of them under-performed. I'd put Enunwa, Bell, Moore and Turner in that group. Before you murder me on Bell, I feel like he had lots of big drops over his career, even though he did make many nice plays.

Also, someone should @keyshawnjr the OP. I nominate GBRedneck. He probably knows him personally like Coach Calhoun and Madonna.

• Fire 1

I would also credit the game plan that Langsdorf and Riley have put together. That might be what you are touching on but thought it deserved special credit.

They have worked hard to get the ball into multiple player's hands and developing those players to make plays. Sure, people can sit and bitch about certain decisions the coaches have made in certain situations. That's not what I'm talking about. I like this offense. It's simple yet creative at the same time in both the running and passing.

If this continues to get developed, Big Ten DCs are going to pull their hair out.

I don't know, previous regime did a nice job recruiting WR, but it seems many of them under-performed. I'd put Enunwa, Bell, Moore and Turner in that group. Before you murder me on Bell, I feel like he had lots of big drops over his career, even though he did make many nice plays.

Also, someone should @keyshawnjr the OP. I nominate GBRedneck. He probably knows him personally like Coach Calhoun and Madonna.

So, just to be clear - you're labeling two NFL guys including the guy who has most of the major receiving records for the Huskers as "under-performer"s.

:smokin

• Fire 3

So, just to be clear - you're labeling two NFL guys including the guy who has most of the major receiving records for the Huskers as "under-performer"s.

To an extent I agree with Matty on this one. Bell seemed to disappear in some big games. He could make some real spectacular things happen but he seemed to always get hurt and end up sitting out for the majority of the game when it really mattered. MSU in 2014 and Minnesota in 2013 come to mind. Enumwa played very well his senior year so I am not with him on that. Turner is just an example of unfulfilled expectations Moore is finally playing like he is suppose to in games.

To an extent I agree with Matty on this one. Bell seemed to disappear in some big games. He could make some real spectacular things happen but he seemed to always get hurt and end up sitting out for the majority of the game when it really mattered. MSU in 2014 and Minnesota in 2013 come to mind. Enumwa played very well his senior year so I am not with him on that. Turner is just an example of unfulfilled expectations Moore is finally playing like he is suppose to in games.

Enunwa was awful at times during his Neb career. Niles Paul also. Yes, I understand those guys are in the league. That's my point. They didn't play like NFL wideouts very frequently when at Nebraska. They were combine freaks.