Maliek Collins

C N Red

I was at game. Not sure if could see it on tv but after Collins got his unsportsmanlike the coaches tried sending in VV for him. He waved him off and wouldnt come out. They then called a TO and in the huddle during the TO it looked like him and another player(Gangwish maybe) were having words. Anyone else see this?

They didn't call the TO. Northwestern did.

The reason for being selected a captain is that you lead by example. This is now the second captain that has publicly done things not worthy of the honor.

The PF was a awful call (or should have been offsetting).

Personally, I like the fire from him to want to stay. If you watch the game, a LB tries to say something to him and he's pretty calm in replying "I'm fine."

That penalty didn't remotely cost NU this game, but for some, it will be painted as another one of "The Play(s)" where the players caused this outstanding staff to lose.

• Fire 1

The loss was a foregone conclusion at the point of Collins' foul--although I thought it was a ticky tack call by the ref. Collins is the best player on the D by far and plays for keeps on every down. Can't fault him too much for losing his patience.

Agreed.

Hell, with the amount of money and accolades this system has caused to fall out of his pockets, I'd be pretty frustrated, too.

The loss was a foregone conclusion at the point of Collins' foul--although I thought it was a ticky tack call by the ref. Collins is the best player on the D by far and plays for keeps on every down. Can't fault him too much for losing his patience.

Agreed.

Hell, with the amount of money and accolades this system has caused to fall out of his pockets, I'd be pretty frustrated, too.

I think Collins has improved his pro stock this year for sure. Alot of the time he's doubled, but even so, he's been a disruptive force most of the time. We are top 10 in rushing D and he's the main cause of that stat.

Agreed.

I think Collins has improved his pro stock this year for sure. Alot of the time he's doubled, but even so, he's been a disruptive force most of the time. We are top 10 in rushing D and he's the main cause of that stat.

What he's being asked to do in this scheme is not what the pros want to see. Not saying the pros care that much about what scheme a kid comes out of (talent is talent), but Collins isn't honing his craft for the pros in this system.

Collins got chewed out because of the 1st down run by Jackson with about 2 minutes to go. Jackson got the 1st down because Collins pulled a 'me' play, got completely out of his gap, and gave a huge lane for Jackson to pick up a 1st down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDVeQFoOspY?t=2h21m28s

Yeah, it's on Collins since we certainly couldn't hope for Bando and the other LB to make a play.

Agreed.

What he's being asked to do in this scheme is not what the pros want to see. Not saying the pros care that much about what scheme a kid comes out of (talent is talent), but Collins isn't honing his craft for the pros in this system.

Oh, I guess I wouldn't know the details of that.

Collins got chewed out because of the 1st down run by Jackson with about 2 minutes to go. Jackson got the 1st down because Collins pulled a 'me' play, got completely out of his gap, and gave a huge lane for Jackson to pick up a 1st down.

Yeah, it's on Collins since we certainly couldn't hope for Bando and the other LB to make a play.

They were blitzing outside the DTs. So no.

I think you could make the point on #3 or #5. I can't tell what number it is. But it appears Banderas was playing a gap and attacking the line and Collins went the same way. That doesn't look like it would have been drawn up that way.

I think you could make the point on #3 or #5. I can't tell what number it is. But it appears Banderas was playing a gap and attacking the line and Collins went the same way. That doesn't look like it would have been drawn up that way.

I'm kinda dissing on our LBs in general, is what I'm going for here.

Who knows why Collins was so mad? Maybe he agrees with most of us here and thinks Banker's D is a complete joke. I know it's the player's job to do what the coaches tell them to do, but Collins isn't dumb.

I also don't think it's a big deal if he is arguing with another teammate. That happens all the time in the heat of battle. Are people upset that he is arguing the the golden child, Gangwish?