1992 Huskers: Most underrated?

NUance

Gonna say the '93 Huskers deserve a shout out for most underrated. They came within a Bryan Bennett missed field goal of beating #1 Florida State and heisman winner Charlie Ward for the national championship that year.

I don't say this often. But, the refs cost us that game. If we had instant replay back then, we have another NC. However, that wouldn't have nullified the fantom block in the back.

Yeah I'll never forget that. That definitely was a huge, huge missed call.

1999 Nebraska

Finished 12-1, ranked #2 & #3, beat four ranked teams and lost only a nailbiter to Texas when half the team had the flu. Came back to spank Texas in the Big 12 Title Game and beat a solid Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl.

Weirdly enough, that team also lead the NCAA in fumbles lost, but was always good enough to cover for it.

People almost never talk about that team, Solich's best and better than only a handful of Osborne teams.

I remember the 1992 loss to Iowa State, and it wasn't even as close as the 19 - 10 score. Nebraska had zero turnovers and few penalties, but Iowa State just dominated them.

Didn't know we were calling those "hiccups" but in hindsight we now realize good things were on the way.

The most under rated to me was the 93 squad that beat (but lost to) FSU. Not even a foot note on the national scene but probably the best team in the country that year. Sorry ND

It's hard to call the '93 team "underrated" when so many of the players returned, got better, and played on even greater teams.

They certainly made a name for themselves in the national scene. Nebraska entered the '94 season ranked #4.