TA with Turf Toe

You can play with turf toe. Mike Rosier won the heisman and ran for a couple thousand yards with that problem. You take some pain medicine or you tough it out.

I suspect he will feel better for the game next week, especially if we dump all over ourselves tomorrow. Fyfe better be able to run the team. Otherwise the screams for Riley's head will get bigger!

You can play with turf toe. Mike Rosier won the heisman and ran for a couple thousand yards with that problem. You take some pain medicine or you tough it out.

I suspect he will feel better for the game next week, especially if we dump all over ourselves tomorrow. Fyfe better be able to run the team. Otherwise the screams for Riley's head will get bigger!

That's cute. Except like any injury there's varying degrees.
  • Fire 1

That's cute. Except like any injury there's varying degrees.

Agree. It can be bothersome to full blown debilitating needing surgery....... At this pointing the season who knows. Im just hoping that Fyfe goes out and plays balls to the walls and gets the W. That would be a great problem to have. A legitimate QB controversy.

This makes me real nervous. Tommy has made his share of poor decisions this year, but is easily playing better (overall) than he has the last two seasons. I've been thinking he's the best we have until proven otherwise. Don't know how long he's out but I'm hoping he'll be ready to go against MSU.

I will root Ryker on and anyone else that get's a shot against Purdue. The thing about backups, opponents don't have a lot of film to prepare for. So I hope he plays well. Once he makes a mistake or two, it'll be on tape and better believe future teams will know how to attack those weaknesses.

One other thing. I don't know how Ryker will fare against heavy pressure and blitzes. He may have some quickness in the open field, but in the pocket, will he step up and make a good throw, or collapse like RKIII (Iowa game)? Will he take a sack or force a bad throw? Lot's of things to consider. Won't be scrimmaging in pads and shorts out there. Saturday is the real thing, no matter who the defense is (Purdue).

TA has a nagging bone spur in his left foot and turf toe in his right

I didn't know about the bone spur. I have never had turf toes, but I have had a coupe bone spurs. The bone spurs were not in my foot, but surgery easily corrected them. I was back in action in a couple months.

I am concerned TA's turf toe may be similar to TM's, and that he never gets back to 100%. RF is the backup, but if TA is done for the season, do you think RF will finish the season as the starter?

I didn't know about the bone spur. I have never had turf toes, but I have had a coupe bone spurs. The bone spurs were not in my foot, but surgery easily corrected them. I was back in action in a couple months.

I am concerned TA's turf toe may be similar to TM's, and that he never gets back to 100%. RF is the backup, but if TA is done for the season, do you think RF will finish the season as the starter?

He may not have a choice. That is why TA reverted back to throwing off of his back foot, he couldn't put any pressure on his plant foot to follow through. His throwing hand has been bugging him too, the kid is just banged up.

After 2 quarters today. No.