Kenny Bell on Culture Change at NU

Kernal

Kenny Bell just misses the good ole days in Lincoln, where he can dance on tables at bars even though he was "injured" for the game.

He mentions bartending in this interview, but I didn't catch what bar he worked at. Do you know which one?

I know over the summer between his junior and senior year, he was at the bar the bar.

Come on man...college is supposed to be fun and I am sure that "dancing" on a bar is not the same as playing in a D1 football game

Kenny Bell just misses the good ole days in Lincoln, where he can dance on tables at bars even though he was "injured" for the game.

He mentions bartending in this interview, but I didn't catch what bar he worked at. Do you know which one?

I know over the summer between his junior and senior year, he was at the bar the bar.

Ah, that's why I didn't get it. Thanks.

Kenny doesn't really say anything about the current program, he simply isn't discounting possibilities. "I don't know", "maybe", "might"....

What he does state are his relationships with his coaches. He's not attempting to pretend to know these players relationships to their coaches. He's not telling these players how to do things, he describes what he did as a player. It's a great interview, particularly because Kenny looks at the general case (such as his description of fans) rather than attempting to isolate to an artificial specific case. He's very careful with his words.

Sometimes, the simplest explanation is the correct one.

This is a .500 coach doing what a .500 coach tends to do.

A .500 coach performs at under .500? lol

About half the time. Another half the time, he may be above .500. But in the end, the average always comes out the same.

You've got a real consistent average of your own going. How you're able to be the first poster to troll any non "the sky is falling" OP is beyond me. It's pretty impressive.

• Fire 3

Yes, it certainly does tend to back fire when you scrap a winning culture for a losing one.

As Kenny said, it's not that the guys have a bad attitude toward Riley and his staff. It's just that you replace a way of winning with a way of losing and there's going to be frustration.

You know, if Riley had any track record of real success as an HC (or even an assistant) in the United States, maybe I'd have some faith that this was a player problem and not a coach problem.

But folks like you are trying to get us to accept that it's the players fault (and by extension, Bo's fault) that they aren't performing under a career. 500 staff.

You folks really enjoy typing that much? Pony up some cash and hire the man for the job big shot! Otherwise stfu and send your young man to play for that lunatic at Youngstown State.
  • Fire 5

Yes, it certainly does tend to back fire when you scrap a winning culture for a losing one.

As Kenny said, it's not that the guys have a bad attitude toward Riley and his staff. It's just that you replace a way of winning with a way of losing and there's going to be frustration.

You know, if Riley had any track record of real success as an HC (or even an assistant) in the United States, maybe I'd have some faith that this was a player problem and not a coach problem.

But folks like you are trying to get us to accept that it's the players fault (and by extension, Bo's fault) that they aren't performing under a career. 500 staff.

Wait, Riley is a career .500 coach?

Lame post.

Did Bell have to run full speed on that bar table? Did he have to cut? Did he have to lower his shoulder on a 250 lb. guy coming full bore at him? How many times did he figure he would get sandwiched between a cornerback and a safety on that table? Is it possible to be dinged up bad enough not to play football but not bad enough to be up and around? I'm thinking so.

After all Bell did on and for the Cornhuskers, I'm giving him a pass on this one. You don't have to do so.

• Fire 1

Lame post.

Did Bell have to run full speed on that bar table? Did he have to cut? Did he have to lower his shoulder on a 250 lb. guy coming full bore at him? How many times did he figure he would get sandwiched between a cornerback and a safety on that table? Is it possible to be dinged up bad enough not to play football but not bad enough to be up and around? I'm thinking so.

After all Bell did on and for the Cornhuskers, I'm giving him a pass on this one. You don't have to do so.

He should have been weeping in a dark room to make the Husker faithful happy... reminds me of that one short story.

• Fire 2

I thought this was a good, sane take on the problems the team is having with the transition.

It was. But cm husker is a one note poster who continues to add nothing to every discussion. Over and over and over.

Reposting quotes is adding something to the conversation, but analyzing those quotes is not.

Interesting. Sounds like you're more into confirmation of your bias than discussion.

• Fire 2

I thought this was a good, sane take on the problems the team is having with the transition.

It was. But cm husker is a one note poster who continues to add nothing to every discussion. Over and over and over.

Reposting quotes is adding something to the conversation, but analyzing those quotes is not.

Interesting. Sounds like you're more into confirmation of your bias than discussion.

I'll stand by my many awesome posts that have made HuskerBoard a richer, wiser place to dwell.