Perlman Backs Eichorst, Riley

Mavric

This last bit has made up my mind.

Torch it.

Torch it all.

Starting with Harvey.

Incompetence at all levels.

Call it Pink Slip Day.

the unfortunate thing is there is no one to hand Harvey the pink slip, and his pink slip has all the other pink slips attached to it.

I will not tell you want his blue card means.............................................. :LOLtartar

The problem I have with HP and SE (and Pederson before SE), is that they are agenda driven and backhanded.

I have no doubt that Eichorst hated seeing NU beat Iowa in 2013, which is exactly how Pederson reacted to Solich beating Colorado in '03.

No man of integrity would secretly (or not so secretly) wish for players in his department to fail so that his pre-conceived agenda could be more easily executed.

That displays such an utter lack of integrity and courage that I think it should be a firable offense from a position such as AD.

Their discussion of "winning the right way" is all just lip service. They should have been concentrating on leading the right way.

History repeating itself. Ickyhorst (and thus SPEM) have agendas because their boss has one.

The tragedy is that there is no excuse for this. I remember posting on another (long gone) forum, my skepticism when pencil neck chose his own hire over Osborne's preference. I was naive enough to listen to some of the same posters who backed SPEM before they came around, ensuring me that Ickyhorst was different than SPEM, and thus, wouldn't repeat SPEM's actions. Shame on me for underestimating the incompetence of pencil neck.

The problem I have with HP and SE (and Pederson before SE), is that they are agenda driven and backhanded.

I have no doubt that Eichorst hated seeing NU beat Iowa in 2013, which is exactly how Pederson reacted to Solich beating Colorado in '03.

No man of integrity would secretly (or not so secretly) wish for players in his department to fail so that his pre-conceived agenda could be more easily executed.

That displays such an utter lack of integrity and courage that I think it should be a firable offense from a position such as AD.

Their discussion of "winning the right way" is all just lip service. They should have been concentrating on leading the right way.

History repeating itself. Ickyhorst (and thus SPEM) have agendas because their boss has one.

The tragedy is that there is no excuse for this. I remember posting on another (long gone) forum, my skepticism when pencil neck chose his own hire over Osborne's preference. I was naive enough to listen to some of the same posters who backed SPEM before they came around, ensuring me that Ickyhorst was different than SPEM, and thus, wouldn't repeat SPEM's actions. Shame on me for underestimating the incompetence of pencil neck.

it would help if you used correct names flufferman

And yet we have a sizable portion of a fan base wishing to see Nebraska lose so that firing Riley would seem more likely/plausible.

Yes, those who live in glass houses do indeed throw stones.

• Fire 3

Irony, thy name is commando!

I have used correct names. Two of the current stooges, and a former stooge are getting all the respect they deserve from me.

and i gave you all the same respect you gave them. i believe you have to at least respect their positions even if you don't respect the person.

That aside, it doesn't make much sense for Perlman to not back Eichorst and, by extension, Mike Riley. You see this all the time in organizations especially in the early stage of an employee's career. It's a lot easier to come up with reasons/excuses for poor performance year one than it is for poor performance in year four. Even then, it might be difficult for the person who hired said problematic employee to fire said problematic employee because that firing reflects poorly on the person who hired him.

Legitimately, it makes no sense and is illogical. If a person is a poor performer, it's best to fire him or her and cut your losses then; continued poor performance still reflects badly on the person who hired them, but I guess it's harder to think about it that way because the person is still in the organization. Many poor decisions are made in the guise of face-saving, which is probably what's occurring here.

I think most of us outside the program, will never know at what level the program was really at, physically, talent wise and mentally. I can say I supported Bo until mid last year, and felt it was time for him to go by the end of the year. . The change in coaches and their respective cultures is going to take time for the team to adjust to. It is such a night and day difference.

If the Board has any aspiration for the football program, they'll block any proposed contract extension for Shawn Eichorst. That will send a clear message to the three stooges HP, SE, MR. You don't have to go back very far to find out about our past when we extended a contract to a previous incompetent in over his head Athletic Director. Let's hope the local media invokes the past and whether or not we learned anything from it.

Why on earth would you extend the contract of the AD with a new chancellor coming on board in less than a year. Let the new person evaluate and make a change if needed.

Harvey is taking care of the guy he hired and that's really about all there is to the story. It wouldn't be so offensive if the football team were doing better.

Irony, thy name is commando!

I have used correct names. Two of the current stooges, and a former stooge are getting all the respect they deserve from me.

and i gave you all the same respect you gave them. i believe you have to at least respect their positions even if you don't respect the person.

Oh, okay. So, you want me to adress the stooges by their title, not their name? Why didn't you say so in the first place?

I actually don't know Perelman's perception among fellow chancellors or his list of verifiable achievements on the academic level. Picking the football coach shouldn't be a top priority, but it's certainly important enough to warrant some thought and scrutiny.

I went to UNL when Osborne was coach and the football team was slightly less controversial (Tom's inability to beat Oklahoma/Switzer generated outrage that would be familiar to this thread), but we had the worst Board of Regents of any major university.

All the thought and scrutiny today towards him is well deserved. If it weren't for 1962-1997, he wouldn't be here.

• Fire 1