Perlman Backs Eichorst, Riley

Mavric

This, from the article, astounds me:

Everything I see tells me the coaches are doing that, he said. I cant predict the future, but I would say we are better positioned at this point to regain our prominent position in football than any time I can recall, but it will take patience and support.

Isn't that the dumbest response? I'm sure our record this year and Riley's record at Oregon State gives a clear indication that we are in a better position right now and in the future. Why do Riley, Eichorst, and Perlman continue to blow smoke up the fans and media's ass? First, Riley kisses up to Eichorst and Harvey about how "involved" they are with the football team. Shawn Eichorst then releases a statement filled with grammatical errors and run off sentences. The media and fans have a WTF moment followed by the Chancellor who publicly backs the AD and says he intends to give him a contract extension? And finally, Eichorst says he won't be available for comment until the end of the season. What in the hell?

So, they publicly back one another for being failures and kiss up to one another and smile, rob us of our money, our donations, kick us in the nuts, and pat each other on the back. They aren't fooling anybody and its no surprise that everything they say or do from here on out is put under a microscope. They deserve it.

Does anyone truly care what HP has to say? He is on his way out....I just hope that someone will block the extension! SE has done NOTHING to deserve an extension. If anything, he is on the road to hurting the program more.

Yeah, why would we possibly give Eichost an extension at this point? I understand the logic of using contract extensions for a coach as a recruiting tool. But the AD's tenure has no bearing on recruiting at all. Eichost does not deserve a contract extension.

• Fire 3

Every day that Eichorst still has a job at UNL makes me more disappointed and more pessimistic about our future. A contract extension would be utterly ridiculous.

The same goes for Riley too. Keeping a rolling five year contract as a recruiting tool makes sense in most situations, but no one in his right mind thinks Riley will still be here in five years. If a contract extension sways recruits, well I don't know if we want recruits who are that dumb.

Eichorst and Riley represent very expensive mistakes. Buyouts are expensive, yes, but keeping them around will be more expensive in the long run, and more years and more extensions only compound those mistakes and dig us into a deeper hole.

The whole thing just makes me sad.

• Fire 5