Was this the CLICK?

I hope it clicked. I missed watching the game due to another commitment and I was shocked when I saw the final score (I had seen that we were behind by 12 late in the 4th). I hope this is a wake up call to the staff - you need to establish the run 1st to establish the passing game here in Big 10 country. Kudos TO TA, Westy, Riley who caught that last TD pass. Kudos to the fans in the stadium who rocked the place and stayed wt the team. As I mentioned in a previous post, my best case scenario would be that we end the year 11-2 and my worse case 6-6 and I would be ok wt the 6-6 transition season. I said 3-6 was a disaster - but maybe I gave up on the team to quickly. 4-6 wt a good chance of 6-6 + bowl gets us back into transitional acceptable position in my opinion. If we finish 7-6 wt lesson's learned (like this is Big 10 country not Pac 12 - stop making bonehead play calling, get a new DC??), the poison attitude removed, a great red-shirt group ready for next season, and a much improved recruiting class - then there is hope that we are going in the right direction and that this MR experiment might work. We should beat Rutgers now there is a bit of hope we can also beat Iowa. The stadium should be buzzing for that one. I hope Iowa is still unbeaten at that point and we have the chance to knock off 2 top 10 teams. It will go along way to heal the wounds of the games we should have won.

Odds are we still don't make a bowl.

You're just bitter you sold off your tickets ;)
Nope. I'm realistic
Then be realistic and celebrate a great win

I celebrated my ass off, but we need to stop this craziness with "the team is gonna click and win out." It didn't make sense in week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, or week 9. You are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

We shouldn't be celebrating this win like it's a bowl game. We're 4 and 6 and need to win out to make a bowl. So hooray, we beat Sparty. It's the caramel topping on the giant heaping sh#t that is the entire season. But hey, we won. I'm happy we won. I stayed out way too late drinking and celebrating.

No, I don't need to stop celebrating one damn thing. I don't have to stop being optimistic about this team and program. I don't need to stop smiling from ear to ear because we just beat the number 6 team in the country.

I don't need to sit around like a pissy 14 year old girl.

You can choose to be nothing but negative, I choose to be happy for the win.

• Fire 2

Bo was as close to 5-7 in 2012 AND 2013 as Riley is to 9-1 right now. Inarguable fact.

I'd say that is actually arguable if you are looking at all the factors that go into wins and losses. Yes teams might be better or worse than their record would indicate(see both teams on Saturday night) but generally speaking teams do still earn their record by getting or not getting the job done when it counts.

Some people act like they're going to get some sort of reward for being negative. I sat in front of 3 people like that on Saturday, and I'll tell you this: Being around anyone like that sure takes away from the great experience of watching a great game like we did on Saturday. I'm just thankful that the douche that was screaming negative comments all game left with 4 minutes left. The other 2 stayed, but they were easier to ignore. It was a mom and creeper-looking 20 year old son who were making comments all game about how awful everything was, while they had absolutely no f*cking clue what they were talking about.

People, please, for the love of God, just support the team. If they happen to lose, it's okay to feel upset and critique a couple things IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. But I see no need to just spew negativity like that. Absolutely none. If it makes you that upset just to watch a game or to follow the team, maybe take a break and gather some perspective on life.

/rant

• Fire 5

Be critical that's fine. You can be skeptical. But why, why is that the only message 12 hours after a huge win.

There is hope now. Hope of selling a better message to recruits. Until that's taken away. We ought to believe in these boys.

Before that game there was no real reason of hope, but damn, they gave one last night.

Believing in the boys has never been the issue. I was thrilled about the outcome and glad that these players finally had one go their way. That being said, I'm just not going to heap praise upon the coaches for last night's performance, because there were still way too many mistakes and questionable calls made which shouldn't have been made. The question asked was if this was the click. Id have to say no. Yes things went our way last night, but with those same types of errors we'll still lose just as many as we win.

If you know so much about coaching why aren't you trying for the HC job at Nebraska? With your vast knowledge of the game and coaching you should have us in the NC game this year.

Some people act like they're going to get some sort of reward for being negative. I sat in front of 3 people like that on Saturday, and I'll tell you this: Being around anyone like that sure takes away from the great experience of watching a great game like we did on Saturday. I'm just thankful that the douche that was screaming negative comments all game left with 4 minutes left. The other 2 stayed, but they were easier to ignore. It was a mom and creeper-looking 20 year old son who were making comments all game about how awful everything was, while they had absolutely no f*cking clue what they were talking about.

People, please, for the love of God, just support the team. If they happen to lose, it's okay to feel upset and critique a couple things IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. But I see no need to just spew negativity like that. Absolutely none. If it makes you that upset just to watch a game or to follow the team, maybe take a break and gather some perspective on life.

/rant

This, this, this!!!! X1000

/rant

This, this, this!!!! X1000
Amen!!!!!

And some think they need to be our mother and warn us not to be happy over a win or optimistic.

Like they are some how rallying the troops to be negative because that's what everyone needs to be.