The prophecy

Hope you're right, I'd love a win.

Being a spoiler is, well, pathetic, tho.

If Iowa beats Purdue next week, we would still be playing the part of the spoiler if we were 10-1 or 9-2. But I guess that would also be pathetic, right?

Not really... we would be playing for the west, a shot at the Big Ten Championship and Rose Bowl. As it is we are already "bowl eligible" at 5-7 so we really gain nothing but bragging rights and being a legit bowl team.

But I'm happy to play spoiler with Iowa. The MSU win was the most exciting game for me in 5+ years.

I think if we don't shoot ourselves in the head vs. Iowa, we will escape the 2015 year without a major blowout loss. Some say Purdue but I don't accept it. We lost and played poorly but we were starting a walk on QB for the first time on the road in crappy conditions with a shaky team chemistry and major issues with AD and etc. We were perilously close to losing the entire team and program folks! To finish out with a series of wins with a couple top ten type teams in there is frankly nothing short of amazing. Almost nobody would have bet serious money on that happening. A handful may have predicted it but almost nobody would have bet the farm.

Riley has shown one thing thus far: his Mr. Rogers character and demeanor is for real. He has had plenty of tight, close, nail biter games where a bad call or bad play or referee interference could have made him blow his cool! He didn't once as far as I can tell. Considering people were calling for his head and so on, I think we found a head coach with principles and self confidence and the character to make Nebraska fans proud of the team and program. Can we win enough ? Time will tell on that one certainly. However, I feel, if we finish 7-6, there certainly is reason to be hopeful about the future. I vote we give him a little more time before we buy him that bicycle to ride back to Oregon.

Let's all get behind the team and program and these coaches and encourage instead of discourage. We only have about 90 days until signing day to build a great class. The core of the class is there. Taking this group and making it into a great one that will put the program on the road to recovery remains very possible. United we stand and divided we will fall.

Go Big Red!!! Get those pesky Hawkeyes!

• Fire 1

I think if we don't shoot ourselves in the head vs. Iowa, we will escape the 2015 year without a major blowout loss. Some say Purdue but I don't accept it. We lost and played poorly but we were starting a walk on QB for the first time on the road in crappy conditions with a shaky team chemistry and major issues with AD and etc. We were perilously close to losing the entire team and program folks! To finish out with a series of wins with a couple top ten type teams in there is frankly nothing short of amazing. Almost nobody would have bet serious money on that happening. A handful may have predicted it but almost nobody would have bet the farm.

Riley has shown one thing thus far: his Mr. Rogers character and demeanor is for real. He has had plenty of tight, close, nail biter games where a bad call or bad play or referee interference could have made him blow his cool! He didn't once as far as I can tell. Considering people were calling for his head and so on, I think we found a head coach with principles and self confidence and the character to make Nebraska fans proud of the team and program. Can we win enough ? Time will tell on that one certainly. However, I feel, if we finish 7-6, there certainly is reason to be hopeful about the future. I vote we give him a little more time before we buy him that bicycle to ride back to Oregon.

Let's all get behind the team and program and these coaches and encourage instead of discourage. We only have about 90 days until signing day to build a great class. The core of the class is there. Taking this group and making it into a great one that will put the program on the road to recovery remains very possible. United we stand and divided we will fall.

Go Big Red!!! Get those pesky Hawkeyes!

Even if we don't finish 7-6, if we lose to Iowa and don't make a bowl- finishing 5-7, I'm still hopeful about the future. This team can be very good once they all get on the same page and pull in the same direction- we've seen it.

Iowa will be a tough challenge. They are very disciplined and will try to beat us by outexecuting us, which they very well might do. It will be a tough balance to keep our confidence and energy but stay patient and disciplined.

• Fire 1

I don't get it. Yeah, being a spoiler isn't the position we should be in, but it's the position we find ourselves in. You say all of this as if it would just be better if Nebraska loses: at least they'll fit their pathetic role.

Absurd.

No. I say this as Nebraska should be an actual contender in arguably the worst division in FBS football, not a bottom feeding footnote.

Yeah, that's really absurd.

What are you talking about? We have three ranked teams in the division. Look how weak the big 12 acc and pac 12 are this year. Get a grip
  • Fire 2

I don't get it. Yeah, being a spoiler isn't the position we should be in, but it's the position we find ourselves in. You say all of this as if it would just be better if Nebraska loses: at least they'll fit their pathetic role.

Absurd.

No. I say this as Nebraska should be an actual contender in arguably the worst division in FBS football, not a bottom feeding footnote.

Yeah, that's really absurd.

The Big West is a hell of a lot better than people thought. It's not even worst in power 5. Hell, the SEC East is worse than the Big West.

• Fire 2

Honestly 74 we think so much alike. Everyone's hoping to play the spoiler but I really just want to be a contender not act like Iowa State. Which is exactly how most people are acting

We act according to what reality is. We ARE the spoilers. That is a thing that is real. Sorry it offends your fragile self-importance placed in a team of young men throwing balls around.

I've always been excited when Nebraska's faced undefeated teams. I was excited when we beat Missouri in 2010. We were undefeated at the time. I don't think people are excited to beat Iowa just because our record isn't good.

Not sure I've EVER been excited for us to play Iowa...And my favourite Nephew in Law is a Hawkeye fan...

I probably get more excited when Iowa State beats them...

But I won't miss this one...whenever it is...Black Friday?

I've always been excited when Nebraska's faced undefeated teams. I was excited when we beat Missouri in 2010. We were undefeated at the time. I don't think people are excited to beat Iowa just because our record isn't good.

Not sure I've EVER been excited for us to play Iowa...And my favourite Nephew in Law is a Hawkeye fan...

Me either, but Iowa's never been 11-0 when we played them. I always wanted Colorado/Kansas State/Missouri/whoever to be undefeated when we played them, and then I was excited about it regardless of our record.

Me either, but Iowa's never been 11-0 when we played them. I always wanted Colorado/Kansas State/Missouri/whoever to be undefeated when we played them, and then I was excited about it regardless of our record.

Iowa's never been 11-0, period.