Reported Sexual Assault at Armstrong's House Under Investigation

Not stating if I think anyone is guilty or not. I do have one question that if I heard it right I am not sure I understand.

The female mentioned that the rape happened between the hours of 2:30 sunday morning to 9:30 am. Why could she not narrow a time better down better than 7 hours?

If I misheard, please correct me.

It could have happened while she was asleep, then she woke up and figured out what happened. Or since they were at a party alcohol may have been involved.

I never buy that as an excuse. If you choose to drink then you need to understand that the things you do while under the influence may or may not be agreeable to you when you sober up, but it was YOUR decision to drink so you get to live with the consequences of your actions. (When I use the word you in this post, I don't necessarily mean you Moiraine.)

Not stating if I think anyone is guilty or not. I do have one question that if I heard it right I am not sure I understand.

The female mentioned that the rape happened between the hours of 2:30 sunday morning to 9:30 am. Why could she not narrow a time better down better than 7 hours?

It could have happened while she was asleep, then she woke up and figured out what happened. Or since they were at a party alcohol may have been involved.

I never buy that as an excuse. If you choose to drink then you need to understand that the things you do while under the influence may or may not be agreeable to you when you sober up, but it was YOUR decision to drink so you get to live with the consequences of your actions. (When I use the word you in this post, I don't necessarily mean you Moiraine.)

An excuse for what? Seeing as I was replying about how the alleged victim gave a range of 2:30-7 or whatever, and her not knowing what time it was may have been because she'd been drinking, it seems as though you're implying the excuse is for the rape. Getting raped is the consequence of the rapist's actions. Not the person who got drunk. People shouldn't have to stay sober just out of fear of getting raped.

If that's not what you meant then I'm not sure what you're talking about.

• Fire 7

I'll wait for the case to settle, but it's another one of those cases where players put themselves in a bad situation for no good reason. I don't buy the 20 year old excuses. At that age my dad had been in the army, was married, had 2 kids, a house, and a job. If he started partying at 12:30 at night that would be a bad decision. I'm sure he partied, but kept it lower key because he knew better to respect his responsibilities and not risk his job doing something stupid. This isn't rocket surgery. These guys should do it simply because in the long run it's better for your prospects and goals. Go home, go to bed, get up earlier, spend an extra hour or two throwing the ball to each other or finishing homework. Instead they are risking their jobs.

These grown up kids should act more like adults if they want to be treated like an adult. But, I think there are a lot of adults that should act more like adults too.

Now you're insinuating that being a student-athlete is a job. In that case what is their annual salary? That's a whole other can of worms. Comparing your father's life (which he chose) to these kids is arguably pointless.
No, he is implying these players have responsibilities that they should prioritize, like his father. Also, I would guess these players chose their lives, like his father.
  • Fire 1

Elf, just no. Maybe the way she was dressed, "she was just asking for it" too? No.
  • Fire 5

Elf, just no. Maybe the way she was dressed, "she was just asking for it" too? No.

If she says yes while drunk, or even because she was drunk, when she sobers up it doesn't become rape. And no I was not implying that by drinking that she was "asking for it".

*Edit* I've heard some information within the last 12 hours that leads me to believe this. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Elf

Not stating if I think anyone is guilty or not. I do have one question that if I heard it right I am not sure I understand. The female mentioned that the rape happened between the hours of 2:30 sunday morning to 9:30 am. Why could she not narrow a time better down better than 7 hours? If I misheard, please correct me.

So you can definitely say that she made the choice drunk and just regrets it now? If that's the case, you should just drop this knowledge to the OWH, Lincoln police, and athletic department and call it a day. Jesus man you don't know what happened, so to just blindly say the girl is just embarrassed she had sex is absolutely uncalled for. Like someone mentioned above, she was probably asking for it based off the ways she dressed, right? Be a bit more sensitive.

• Fire 1

If she says yes while drunk, or even because she was drunk, when she sobers up it doesn't become rape. And no I was not implying that by drinking that she was "asking for it".

*Edit* I've heard some information within the last 12 hours that leads me to believe this. That's all I'm saying.

You said "it was YOUR decision to drink so you get to live with the consequences of your actions". This is disgusting to hear, and honestly, if that is how you feel, I am ashamed for you.

You are now saying that agreeing to sex while drunk gives the women no legal rights. However, consent cannot be given by someone who is mentally incapable or physically helpless, including as a result of alcohol. You want consequences for actions, well don't sleep with someone who is drunk; otherwise, you can live with the consequences when they sober up.

• Fire 8

Let me see who everyone is getting mad at for this incident, and let me know if I missed anyone.

1. The LPD for always targeting Huskers

2. The OWH for "sensational journalism"

3. TA for throwing a party

4. TA for not telling Mike Riley first thing

5. The girl for being a jersey chaser and then reporting a sexual assault.

6. The kids' parents for not telling their kids to keep their ding-dong in their pants.

7. Other message board posters for spreading further rumors.

8. self righteous posters anry at everyone else for talking about the incident

9. Iowa and might as well throw K State in there

You said "it was YOUR decision to drink so you get to live with the consequences of your actions". This is disgusting to hear, and honestly, if that is how you feel, I am ashamed for you.

You are now saying that agreeing to sex while drunk gives the women no legal rights. However, consent cannot be given by someone who is mentally incapable or physically helpless, including as a result of alcohol. You want consequences for actions, well don't sleep with someone who is drunk; otherwise, you can live with the consequences when they sober up.

+1 for that last sentence. Pretty much says it all.

Living with the consequences of our decisions to drink alcohol goes far beyond a choice to partake of sexual activities. We could list example after example of bad choices that are made while under the influence of alcohol and in the vast majority of cases we still hold those people accountable for their actions.

I think it goes without saying that someone who is mentally incapable or physically helpless cannot give consent. These would be obvious exceptions to the above.

Oh, in regards to your last sentence, what happens when they are both drunk and make bad decisions, what then?

• Fire 2

What if the accused person was also drunk and too mentally impaired to say no, also?

Also, with the long time frame that she stated, it would lead to believe that she had either blacked/passed out or sex/rape happened during the entire length of time. If she was blacked/passed out and doesn't remember what happened, then we get into eye witness testimonies, which who knows how many different stories there'll be.