What Did We Learn: Iowa Edition

Unfortunately, Tommy is the by far the best we got. Thanks 408.

This isn't on Pelini at all. Pelini won 9 games with Armstrong...remember?...

...and didn't a host of people say that Riley was supposed to be the bees' knees in developing talent and coaching up players...remember?...

...so why has Armstrong regressed and nobody behind him has improved enough to overtake him?

On a larger scale, if you think that all there is to coaching is taking a high school kid and handing him a college jersey, then put me on the list of job seekers in that profession. I mean, if they can teach a young man to dogfight in a F-22 or fix a nuclear submarine's reactor under the polar ice cap in a couple of years, is it too much to ask a coach making 20 times as much as the people teaching that stuff to teach a young man the same age how not to throw a pass off of his back foot in the same time frame?

It's really pretty simple: Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell and an All American PR/WR who has been hurt all year.

Tommy plays the exact same as he has since he started here. It is scary how much his progression resembles Martinez. TA throwing of his back foot is based upon instincts and decision making and not coaching mechanics.

You always see the stories on shoes the Gameday or 30 for 30 where they say stuff "The kid is so coachable" or "He has such a high football IQ". You never hear it it the other way around. The kid is a winner and he wants to make the big play, but I don't believe that there is anything the coaches can do with him.

Ameer would get 3 touches a game in this offense.

Westy was TA's favorite target, not Kenny Bell.

Armstrong won 2 years ago without DPE.

Any more excuses?

A - Ameer Touches - This is straight stupid. Imani had 19 today.

B - Westy Target - Westy IS, Bell was. Bell also ran loose in the secondary which allowed him a lot of freedom to adjust his route to pass thrown.

C - DPE - If you can get past A & B, we can discuss C. DPE provided a huge spark to a stagnant offense from the Northwestern game forward last year.

• Fire 1

I came away encouraged after the last 3 games. The first 9 were tough to watch but guys started buying in late in the season and we started to look like a football team. Too many turnovers still.

I've been waiting for the staff to show me something and they did. I wish it was earlier in the year but sometimes transitions are rough. Bo and Gary Andersen have had their struggles as well in our connected coaching moves this offseason.

Need to hit the ground running next season.

...and didn't a host of people say that Riley was supposed to be the bees' knees in developing talent and coaching up players...remember?...

...so why has Armstrong regressed and nobody behind him has improved enough to overtake him?

On a larger scale, if you think that all there is to coaching is taking a high school kid and handing him a college jersey, then put me on the list of job seekers in that profession. I mean, if they can teach a young man to dogfight in a F-22 or fix a nuclear submarine's reactor under the polar ice cap in a couple of years, is it too much to ask a coach making 20 times as much as the people teaching that stuff to teach a young man the same age how not to throw a pass off of his back foot in the same time frame?

It's really pretty simple: Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell and an All American PR/WR who has been hurt all year.

Tommy plays the exact same as he has since he started here. It is scary how much his progression resembles Martinez. TA throwing of his back foot is based upon instincts and decision making and not coaching mechanics.

You always see the stories on shoes the Gameday or 30 for 30 where they say stuff "The kid is so coachable" or "He has such a high football IQ". You never hear it it the other way around. The kid is a winner and he wants to make the big play, but I don't believe that there is anything the coaches can do with him.

Any more excuses?

B - Westy Target - Westy IS, Bell was. Bell also ran loose in the secondary which allowed him a lot of freedom to adjust his route to pass thrown.

C - DPE - If you can get past A & B, we can discuss C. DPE provided a huge spark to a stagnant offense from the Northwestern game forward last year.

A - was a joke, but honestly we'd still throw more than we run. It's the throwing part that is a problem. 45 throws to 39 passes, in sh**ty weather. Ameer would be wasted with Riley as coach

B - Westy WAS his number 1 target LAST YEAR. The numbers are only thrown off because he didn't start in 3 of the games.

RECEIVING GP-GS No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G

---------------------------------------------------------

Bell, Kenny 13-12 47 788 16.8 6 73 60.6

Westerkamp, J. 13-9 44 747 17.0 5 70 57.5

C - You ignored my remark so I ignore yours.

Any more excuses?

A - was a joke, but honestly we'd still throw more than we run. It's the throwing part that is a problem. 45 throws to 39 passes, in sh**ty weather. Ameer would be wasted with Riley as coach

B - Westy WAS his number 1 target LAST YEAR. The numbers are only thrown off because he didn't start in 3 of the games.

RECEIVING GP-GS No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G

---------------------------------------------------------

Bell, Kenny 13-12 47 788 16.8 6 73 60.6

Westerkamp, J. 13-9 44 747 17.0 5 70 57.5

C - You ignored my remark so I ignore yours.

If you want to minimize the significant impact that 3 all conference players(1 all american, 2 NFL draft) had on the performance on the offense that they were a part of, their is really nothing that I could say that will change your mind. Great players shoulder the burden and help to cover up gaps.

I think Westy is a beast, but he doesn't equal Ameer, DPE and Bell.

What did Tommy have to get on the ACT or SAT to get into Nebraska? Honest question.

Greatest fans in college football my ass. You guys sicken me.

I'm definitely not the greatest fan. I cheer for Nebraska through thick and thin, but I have had enough with a player who isn't smart enough to understand that throwing off his back foot makes him a less efficient QB. I hope the best for Tommy as he bleeds Husker Red, but time for the coaching staff to move on.

What did Tommy have to get on the ACT or SAT to get into Nebraska? Honest question.

I'm definitely not the greatest fan. I cheer for Nebraska through thick and thin, but I have had enough with a player who isn't smart enough to understand that throwing off his back foot makes him a less efficient QB. I hope the best for Tommy as he bleeds Husker Red, but time for the coaching staff to move on.

Throwing off his back foot doesn't make him stupid. Much like being able to type doesn't make you intelligent.

This board doesn't represent the entire fan base and you know that.

I'm hearing way too many "Tommy is retarded" comments here and other places. It's low f'ing class, and we should be better than that.

This board doesn't represent the entire fan base and you know that.

I'm hearing way too many "Tommy is retarded" comments here and other places. It's low f'ing class, and we should be better than that.

Yeah, and I agree those people should be talked to about it. I don't think Tommy is a good QB but calling him names is definitely low class.

Throwing off his back foot doesn't make him stupid. Much like being able to type doesn't make you intelligent.
I never said "stupid." I said not smart enough to be a good quarterback.

You literally asked for the SAT/ACT scores he needed to go to NU... what does that have to do with football IQ?

I am really tired of fans making excuses for these clown coaches...sorry if I offended any actual clowns! If we kicked the field goal with 7:47 left in the game, we would had a chance to go for it with 2 minutes left in the game. This is what I learned:

(1) These coaches did not even live up to their 0.500 rating. They are horrible and this will not change regardless of how much time they are given. Look at what Tom Harman did in a very short period.

(2) TA was Iowa's best player today. Iowa is overrated, way overrated, but they do play smart and don't beat themselves. CJ Bethard is average at best but at least he does not make mistakes and gives his team a chance to win

(3) Our AD is useless lump that needs to be removed forever because he is arrogant and will never admit that he made a mistake by hiring an average senior citizen at the end of his below average career to right a ship that needs heavy guns.

(4) We have to endure two more years of this sh#t and my stomach can't handle seeing Reily chewing gum and acting like his team is up by 50 points when he is actually losing at home to an overrated team.

(5) Out gaining an opponent 433 to 250 yards and 22 first downs to 11 means jack sh#t with these subpar coaches.

(6) The only bowl we should be invited to is the toilet bowl.

End this experiment and let us go after an actual coach who actually has the man sack needed to make the tough calls.

• Fire 2

You literally asked for the SAT/ACT scores he needed to go to NU... what does that have to do with football IQ?
I would imagine an intelligent person would make a reasonably intelligent QB. But I guess A doesn't equal C.