Sam McKewon tells 93.7 The Ticket that Scott Frost wanted to be Nebraska's OC in 2010

knapplc

Huh. I had forgotten about this but it does feel like it was basically known at the time. There was also talk of some burned bridges or whatever, as Scott wanted more than Co OC and that was the best he could've gotten (at the time, was fair).

Watson did consult with Oregon coaches among others when Bo wanted to move his offense in that direction.

• Fire 1

Huh. I had forgotten about this but it does feel like it was basically known at the time. There was also talk of some burned bridges or whatever, as Scott wanted more than Co OC and that was the best he could've gotten (at the time, was fair).

Watson did consult with Oregon coaches among others when Bo wanted to move his offense in that direction.

Was going to point this out too. Thought this is where the Bo hates Scott Frost rumor started in the first place

Glad Scott's reputation wasn't blemished by Bo. I do wonder if Bo had hired Scott and Bo still gets fired in 2014 if the AD would have advanced Scott to HC or gone to the anti-Bo MR. This AD, not beholding to NU tradition, may have still wanted to clear the slate of all things Bo including SF.

I remember the story at the time being that Frost wanted to be OC but Bo wanted Beck to be OC. Bo would have hired him as QBs Coach or something but Frost didn't want a lateral move.

Happy that Frost never had to coach under that idiot

That's one way to look at it. If SF landed a job on the staff it also could have been him taking over the reigns after they canned Bo instead of who were stuck with now.

Nebraska fans would have been livid if he weren't interviewed (we all remember how Eichorst mishandled that slightly important interview process after they let Bo go) but he wasn't here and he and the fans never got that chance.

Didn't Beck try to emulate Oregon's offense the last couple years? Funny how Bo could've just got the guy himself...

No Beck's offense was mostly Nevada Pistol read option, but he junked the pass portion of it for KU's pass attack I think. Ultimately it was some bastard hybrid that never really worked.

Didn't Beck try to emulate Oregon's offense the last couple years? Funny how Bo could've just got the guy himself...

No Beck's offense was mostly Nevada Pistol read option, but he junked the pass portion of it for KU's pass attack I think. Ultimately it was some bastard hybrid that never really worked.

Lol! After all these years, and now we finally have a name for it. I like this better than "multiple"

• Fire 1

Happy that Frost never had to coach under that idiot

(we all remember how Eichorst mishandled the slightly important interview process after they let Bo go)

And just how was that?

He forgot to look up Riley's w/l record on wikipedia.

I'm quite sure he knew everything about MR before the interview and liked what knew. I do to. don't mind a few growing pains to achieve greater things. Patience grasshopper.