One "N" To Represent Them All: UNL to adopt red Huskers design as university's main logo

The Duke

According to the Omaha World Herald the University of Nebraska at Lincoln will adopt one main N to represent all of UNL. The goal was to have one singular icon or image to represent the entire university instead of having different variations of "N's" for Academics, the Alumni Association, etc.

The historic, and iconic Classic Nebraska N or "stick N" that has been on the Cornhuskers football helmets for decades thankfully will NOT change.

The commonly seen "Iron N" located on Nebraska's 50-yard line will become the University's main logo starting in January 2016.

http://www.omaha.com/news/education/one-n-to-represent-them-all-unl-to-adopt-red/article_abf7b23a-0ae8-5007-b6e1-aedb7de1315a.html

Previous N's used by UNL:

795313087-en-US_sidebar_1.pngfile4477.jpgdefault.gif

NEW "N" being adopted in January 2016 across entire UNL: Classic Nebraska Football Helmet "N" will not change: default.gifNebraska%20Football%20helmet.jpg

Now if they would just bring back the 1983 Huskers logo instead of the new one they introduced in 2013....522a615084d90.preview-620.jpg

• Fire 5

I kinda like the variety. The alumni one looks really sharp, but I like the academic one the most.. Not a huge fan of the 2013 logo, either.

I agree. I really have no problem with the alumni one. Considering how iconic our classic Nebraska N is on our football helmets, I'm actually quite surprised the university hasn't adopted that logo across the board.

They can get rid of that 2013 Huskers logo anytime in my opinion. The cursive Huskers logo was just a great secondary logo for Nebraska. In a way they have started to bring this back this season with our basketball team.

nebuniform.jpeg

• Fire 1

Can't they just please bring back blonde, coverall wearing Herbie and burn Lil red. And yes get rid of the Mississippi State block style ripped off logo and go strictly to the cursive script one

I like the old Herbie with blonde hair and overalls. I actually like Lil Red, too. I really like the Block N. I love the Stick N on the helmets. Not a huge fan of the old script Huskers, but also hate the new Huskers logo too. I wish the athletic department would use the term Cornhuskers more, and save Huskers as an "abbreviation".

I talked to a friend of mine who used to work for one of the popular Husker merchandise stores for several years, and he said beyond the usual jerseys, polos, hats, etc..the items that they would constantly have to restock the fastest were anything that had the old vintage Herbie Husker on them.

HerbieHusker1974.gif

Can't they just please bring back blonde, coverall wearing Herbie and burn Lil red. And yes get rid of the Mississippi State block style ripped off logo and go strictly to the cursive script one

I like the old Herbie with blonde hair and overalls. I actually like Lil Red, too. I really like the Block N. I love the Stick N on the helmets. Not a huge fan of the old script Huskers, but also hate the new Huskers logo too. I wish the athletic department would use the term Cornhuskers more, and save Huskers as an "abbreviation".

I talked to a friend of mine who used to work for one of the popular Husker merchandise stores for several years, and he said beyond the usual jerseys, polos, hats, etc..the items that they would constantly have to restock the fastest were anything that had the old vintage Herbie Husker on them.

HerbieHusker1974.gif

Who did away with that Herbie Husker? I would like to will my dislike of that person to my descendants in perpetuity.

HerbieHusker1974.gif

Who did away with that Herbie Husker? I would like to will my dislike of that person to my descendants in perpetuity.

When I was at UNL in the 90s, the Herbie Husker had blonde hair and the funky face, but he wore a football uniform to most football games. When Steve Pederson came aboard in the 2000s, one of the first things he did was give Herbie a makeover. He took away the overalls, beer belly, and blonde hair. He made him more buff, threw on a red shirt and blue jeans, along with brown hair.