National Championship - Clemson vs. Alabama

Mavric

My interest in tonight's game is just a sporting one. My biggest worry for Clemson is that Notre Dame's defense managed to shut them down for a half - it's certainly not Alabama's, to say the least. On the other hand, Alabama hasn't seen an offense like Clemson's. Ole Miss probably had the best offense of the teams they've faced...

I care in that if Alabama wins, Saban may leave to try the NFL again (rumors). I'd be interested in seeing him move on, and for only that reason I'd like to see Alabama win.

This might be the best, most convoluted answer I've ever heard to "Which team are you cheering for?"

I like it. :thumbs

^

I wish we had their problems as far as recruiting. Gheesh.

I love college football so to me the championship game is one of the best games of the year if not the best game that I look forward to watching. I still don't think they have the playoff system right (not enough qualifiers) but that's a different topic. Rooting for the Tigers.

^

I love college football so to me the championship game is one of the best games of the year if not the best game that I look forward to watching. I still don't think they have the playoff system right (not enough qualifiers) but that's a different topic. Rooting for the Tigers.

Obviously Clemson must suck at recruiting. They're starting two two-star guys.

^

Obviously Clemson must suck at recruiting. They're starting two two-star guys.

With that much talent they can certainly afford to.

Game is good so far. Henry is good but his long run was more due to his line than anything imo. Clemson looks better at the start to me. I remember when there was a Bo vs Dabo thread when we played them ages ago and people said Dabo peaked where they were and they'd pass on him. I think he's built something good there for sure.

• Fire 1

I can't relate to any college football fan who says "such and such team is going to destroy the other team," especially in a national championship game. Anything can happen in college football, even with a matchup of a losing and winning team, and Clemson beating Alabama wouldn't even be close to a shocking outcome.