Ross Els hired as DC @ Purdue

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THEY HIRED AN HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT COACH TO BE A DIVISION 1 DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

The only reason he was a high school assistant last year was because he was still being paid his NU contract and he wanted to stay in Lincoln with his kids. You are acting like he has never been a D-1 assistant coach.

He was widely considered the worst position coach on Pelini's staff. And now he's going to a Big Ten school as a coordinator.

All that says is that people might not know what they're talking about.

I like Bray but it's possible our LBs were better than people gave them credit for.

• Fire 1

Real classy Husker fans. Els is a Nebraska-Omaha alum, has coached in Nebraska and with former NU players and coaches for most of his career. Now NU fans are crapping on him because he worked under Bo Pelini.

Pretty convenient, isn't it?

Coaches don't get hired to comparable positions: See how much these coaches suck!

Coaches get "promotions" when hired by other programs: They must be stupid for doing that!

Nothing like turning up whatever narrative makes you feel better.

Real classy Husker fans. Els is a Nebraska-Omaha alum, has coached in Nebraska and with former NU players and coaches for most of his career. Now NU fans are crapping on him because he worked under Bo Pelini.

Coaches don't get hired to comparable positions: See how much these coaches suck!

Coaches get "promotions" when hired by other programs: They must be stupid for doing that!

Yeah and when Baylor was running all over UNC this week, it was all Papuchis' fault, even when Paps isn't the DC at UNC. I think most NU fans would have loved to have the record of UNC this season, and they did it with 2 former Bo assistants on their defensive staff.
  • Fire 2

Yeah and when Baylor was running all over UNC this week, it was all Papuchis' fault, even when Paps isn't the DC at UNC. I think most NU fans would have loved to have the record of UNC this season, and they did it with 2 former Bo assistants on their defensive staff.

North Carolina played Clemson and Baylor this year.

Neither scored as many as Purdue did on us.

• Fire 2

Paps and Warren have a done great at UNC. I live in NC and get to see them play quite a bit.

I wish no coaches ill will. Even Cally and some others who have not done so well at NU. Els, IMO, was not some stellar LB coach. Cant imagine him being a DC. BUT in his defense, as noted above, Paps and Warren seem better. I can assure you it is not because of a talent upgrade at UNC. Chizic doesn't hurt, but Bo's D was his. Not Paps.

No way Chizic thought Baylor would run. They game planned to stop the pass and were completely gassed chasing the RB's...... Goes to show how important depth and rotation is to be successful. If Baylor can remotely find a defense, they would be next to impossible to beat. Briles has done a great job there for sure.

No way Chizic thought Baylor would run. They game planned to stop the pass and were completely gassed chasing the RB's...... Goes to show how important depth and rotation is to be successful. If Baylor can remotely find a defense, they would be next to impossible to beat. Briles has done a great job there for sure.
Why would Chizek expect Baylor to pass? Baylor was down to their 3rd string QB.