Ross Els hired as DC @ Purdue

I am not on the fence about this staff...I expected 10 wins this year and I expect 10 this upcoming season. I did not drift the thread...there was talk that Els sucked here and could never be a good coach...yet, post after post can be found about how Saban sucked at MSU and in the pros and is a boss now...How Riley sucked because he was in Kosovoallis...

Els, my guess, will suck at Purdue, just like most coaches do at that place, one of the worst football programs imaginable. But It seems odd to say he will suck there because he sucked here when we used the opposite line of thinking about 12 months ago

You drifted the thread taking a shot at Riley. Own it, bro.

Els was LB coach in 2011, for 2 guys named Lavonte David and Will Compton. I know those guys are ultra-talented, but I would say that Els does get some credit for improving their play at NU and getting them ready for the NFL.

Good for him. Sure he can have some credit for coaching the best OLB in the NFL for one year.

I am not on the fence about this staff...I expected 10 wins this year and I expect 10 this upcoming season. I did not drift the thread...there was talk that Els sucked here and could never be a good coach...yet, post after post can be found about how Saban sucked at MSU and in the pros and is a boss now...How Riley sucked because he was in Kosovoallis...

Els, my guess, will suck at Purdue, just like most coaches do at that place, one of the worst football programs imaginable. But It seems odd to say he will suck there because he sucked here when we used the opposite line of thinking about 12 months ago

You drifted the thread taking a shot at Riley. Own it, bro.

Nah

Real classy Husker fans. Els is a Nebraska-Omaha alum, has coached in Nebraska and with former NU players and coaches for most of his career. Now NU fans are crapping on him because he worked under Bo Pelini.

Serious question, Did you stick up for born and raised Nebraska guys Bill Busch and Steve Pederson? Or were they fair game?

Els isnt responsible for the downfall of NU football, so....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THEY HIRED AN HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT COACH TO BE A DIVISION 1 DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

The only reason he was a high school assistant last year was because he was still being paid his NU contract and he wanted to stay in Lincoln with his kids. You are acting like he has never been a D-1 assistant coach.

He was widely considered the worst position coach on Pelini's staff. And now he's going to a Big Ten school as a coordinator.

According to who? Are you just making this up?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THEY HIRED AN HIGH SCHOOL ASSISTANT COACH TO BE A DIVISION 1 DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

The only reason he was a high school assistant last year was because he was still being paid his NU contract and he wanted to stay in Lincoln with his kids. You are acting like he has never been a D-1 assistant coach.
He was widely considered the worst position coach on Pelini's staff. And now he's going to a Big Ten school as a coordinator.

All that says is that people might not know what they're talking about.

I like Bray but it's possible our LBs were better than people gave them credit for.

Only 2 of our LBs that played this year had significant coaching under Els. And one of them would have transferred if we didn't get new coaches.

So I'm not sure you can credit Els for anything that happened at LB this year. Well you can credit him for our horrible depth.

:confucius

I guess you can semantic "significant" how you want but by my count only one LB that played this year did NOT have at least a year under Els.

Well ... I guess two with Gifford who played Safety last year but didn't play a lot this year.

I was counting Rose-Ivey and Bando.

Weber was scout team and Newby was a DE, no? So how much coaching did they get from him?

Gifford was a scout team safety and Young was a true freshman.

Newby was a LB that they used as a pass-rushing DE in certain situations.

Does no one on the scout team get any coaching?

I have heard some unflattering stories about Els and how he treated some players, people aren't unhappy he's gone. I've also heard he's the reason why Courtney Love transferred, regardless of the new coaching staff. Plus, Lavonte is a stud with or without Els, and if Els knew any better Lavonte would have started right away. Compton was an undrafted FA who is busting his ass and taking advantage of injuries, I credit Compton for a ton of heart and work ethic than anything. Els could turn out to be a good DC, but in no way do I miss watching him underdevelop our LBs anymore.

The old "the good players did it themselves, the bad players weren't coached" line.

Classic.

• Fire 1

Real classy Husker fans. Els is a Nebraska-Omaha alum, has coached in Nebraska and with former NU players and coaches for most of his career. Now NU fans are crapping on him because he worked under Bo Pelini.

Convenient for you to support one of the previous staff but yet can't find a way to support the current staff

I would support the current staff if they did anything worth while to support wholeheartedly.

I have heard some unflattering stories about Els and how he treated some players, people aren't unhappy he's gone. I've also heard he's the reason why Courtney Love transferred, regardless of the new coaching staff. Plus, Lavonte is a stud with or without Els, and if Els knew any better Lavonte would have started right away. Compton was an undrafted FA who is busting his ass and taking advantage of injuries, I credit Compton for a ton of heart and work ethic than anything. Els could turn out to be a good DC, but in no way do I miss watching him underdevelop our LBs anymore.

The old "the good players did it themselves, the bad players weren't coached" line.

Classic.

How else do you prefer I state my opinion that he wasn't a good coach? I'm tired of the, "well, they weren't *that* bad," of a coach. And he certainly doesn't scream top assistant in the big ten....west