Do the results of the MSU and Iowa game make you feel...

No change. We beat NW who beat Stanford. MSU beat OSU who destroyed Notre Dame. OSU also beat Michigan who destroyed Florida.

In other words, one game by one of our opponents isn't that meaningful.

I didn't know we beat Northwestern.....
Now we can say that NU went 4-1 this year under Riley!! Only the games after Purdue really mattered and NU gets to claim a win over NW.

Haha! Also, if TA throws a pick six it means that the game doesn't matter...

No change. We beat NW who beat Stanford. MSU beat OSU who destroyed Notre Dame. OSU also beat Michigan who destroyed Florida.

What was the best game this year...When the Huskers beat Northwestern or when the Husker went on the road and ALMOST became the first team to upset mighty Purdue on the road on Halloween during an 11am game (when Purdue was 45-3 in those exactl conditions)
Never change. Also ignore my point that we wouldn't beat Stanford just because Northwestern did.

I ignored it...

I was in Lincoln that day, it was a great day, lots of fun and an amazing win!

I think while both blowouts they are different. Iowa got their doors blown off from the outset. Michigan St. Hung tough for a while and the game got away from them in the second half when they had to press and take chances.

Iowa is who I thought they were. They don't beat us if our coaches called a better game and Tommy didn't have the worst game of his life. I have no doubt we could have put up a better showing against Stanford. I think the other game would have looked largely the same.

I guess to answer your question not better or worse. I never thought we were behind either of these teams talent wise and I still don't. We can compete and win our division next year if the coaching staff makes the adjustments they need to. I have no doubt about that

Are you saying that Iowa was out of it and got scores late...scores that did not matter? Similar to maybe...a game vs Purdue?

Yep. Very similar. I think we were a different team after the Purdue game though. But obviously as I said adjustments need to be made as far as using the players we have to the best of their ability

I think while both blowouts they are different. Iowa got their doors blown off from the outset. Michigan St. Hung tough for a while and the game got away from them in the second half when they had to press and take chances.

Iowa is who I thought they were. They don't beat us if our coaches called a better game and Tommy didn't have the worst game of his life. I have no doubt we could have put up a better showing against Stanford. I think the other game would have looked largely the same.

I guess to answer your question not better or worse. I never thought we were behind either of these teams talent wise and I still don't. We can compete and win our division next year if the coaching staff makes the adjustments they need to. I have no doubt about that

Are you saying that Iowa was out of it and got scores late...scores that did not matter? Similar to maybe...a game vs Purdue?

True that!

Hey, thank god for garbage points! They just made me a lot of cash in that Iowa game!

Yep. Very similar. I think we were a different team after the Purdue game though. But obviously as I said adjustments need to be made as far as using the players we have to the best of their ability

True that!

Hey, thank god for garbage points! They just made me a lot of cash in that Iowa game!

Sorry, I quoted that in a weird way...I totally agree

I don't think it matter...the way they played vs UCLA makes me think that RIley and his staff learned a lot and that NU is poised for a 2 loss season at worst.

I'm happy with the UCLA win but that's about as far as it goes. I don't believe Riley has had some kind of epiphany based on that game. That D line was duct taped together. Basically we had to handle one dude up front.

I do think that Tommy did back up his talk about playing smarter going forward though. Here's to hoping that similar game plans are in the cards

I don't think it matter...the way they played vs UCLA makes me think that RIley and his staff learned a lot and that NU is poised for a 2 loss season at worst.

I'm happy with the UCLA win but that's about as far as it goes. I don't believe Riley has had some kind of epiphany based on that game. That D line was duct taped together. Basically we had to handle one dude up front.

I do think that Tommy did back up his talk about playing smarter going forward though. Here's to hoping that similar game plans are in the cards

Please don't say that!! Ugggg! That is what scares me!

Please don't say that!! Ugggg! That is what scares me!

Eh. We'll see. The bowl did show me that utilized correctly, TA can not only be a competent but very dangerous QB. It's what I have been saying all year, he needs to be utilized correctly and not forced into a style of play he is woefully unsuited to. If Riley and Langs realize that after this game, then we are going to have a big say in the West next year.

• Fire 1

This year's B10w reminds me of the awful B10n teams of the mid '00s when there were stretches where none of the teams from the division finished ranked. The b10w was a total mirage of paper yogurts (autocorrect and it's staying) this year. If NU hadn't gone through the coaching change, this was likely a 10 or 11 (maybe even 12) win regular season.

Today just further exposed the division.

• Fire 1

Heh. Thanks.

Regardless, one opponent game doesn't change my opinion. We barely lost to NW who beat Stanford :P which doesn't at all mean we would hang with or beat Stanford just like Iowa getting trounced by Stanford doesn't mean we'd get trounced by them.

Ha ha! I couldn't remember whether we beat NW or lost to them either. I just remembered that it was a close game that could have gone either way. Oh well. :lol: