Do the results of the MSU and Iowa game make you feel...

Yup. The only reason we've "sucked" at recruiting is because we just aren't trying. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of athletes that live near Lincoln, Nebraska. Ohio and Alabama are in identical situations to us as far as that's concernderp.

Correct.

Callahan's 2005 recruiting class (5th ranked nationally) that included Ndamukong Suh, proved that once and for all.

Location means nothing.

We hashed this out a couple of weeks ago so this is my last comment on this.

A distribution analysis from 2008-2013 shows which states, out of 42, have the highest percentage of division one football recruits.

The top six, in order, were Texas, Florida, California, Georgia, Ohio and Alabama. Nebraska came in the bottom four at #38.

I don't think it is in any way factual to state location has absolutely nothing to do with recruiting. It's just simply not true. Now, you could argue that there has been a lack of effort, if you want. But, I think location has more of an impact than you give it credit for.

For example, I've heard several local recruiting analysts go on record talking about how difficult it can sometimes be to get recruits on Nebraska's campus during the fall for official visits. If they live really far way, it can be very challenging for them to play a game Friday night, travel to Nebraska on Saturday and get back home in time to do everything else before they have to be back in class Monday. Is this a rampant issue? Perhaps not. But, it's certainly one of concern.

----------

One more note: of the current 2016 class rankings, 19 of the top 25 schools are located in the Top 10 most fertile recruiting states in the country. I don't know how that can be equated to those schools simply trying harder than the rest.

It shouldn't be some big mystery to people. Just consider our own selves: are we more likely to go to somewhere nearby we're familiar with, or somewhere far away? Kids are more familiar with their local-ish schools than some school half-way across the country. Being positively mentioned on ESPN and national media surely helps enhance familiarity, and NU hasn't benefited much from that the past few years. It takes a certain type of kid/player who will give equal consideration to a school so unfamiliar.

Yup. The only reason we've "sucked" at recruiting is because we just aren't trying. It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of athletes that live near Lincoln, Nebraska. Ohio and Alabama are in identical situations to us as far as that's concernderp.

Correct.

Callahan's 2005 recruiting class (5th ranked nationally) that included Ndamukong Suh, proved that once and for all.

Location means nothing.

We hashed this out a couple of weeks ago so this is my last comment on this.

That 2005 class is some of the best proof that recruiting rankings aren't accurate. That and the 2011 (iirc) classes were not nearly as productive as their billing. And the '05 class threw off roster management for years to come.

If you look at the top teams they generally have the best recruiting classes. I do agree that star rankings aren't the end all be all of recruiting but they are a very good indicator of how well your team is going to do in the future.

In regards to the OP, no, the win doesn't make me view the season any differently than I already did. I suspected we would win the Bowl because we seemed to have turned a corner after Purdue. It's the last part of the season that gives me hope for the future.

• Fire 1

Everything will be all well and good until Oregon lays the smack down on us at home on September 17... losses in Evanston, Madison, and Columbus will follow... and we'll be pretty much stuck with the same sick feeling in our stomachs that we had for the majority of this season.

We're not losing in Evanston. We haven't yet, and we won't next year.

Oregon will be tricky, but we're at home so anything can happen. I think we'll be returning a lot more players than they will, but experience doesn't matter when you have all that athleticism like Oregon does (a la Alabama). It'll be fun to see how we matchup against the Ducks. A road trip to Madison will be tough--Nebraska hasn't come within 30 points of the Badgers in Mad Town--followed by an even tougher challenge in Columbus where Nebraska lost 63-38 last time they visited there. I don't think we should be too upset if Nebraska loses close and competitive games against the Badgers and Buckeyes.

Every other Big Ten West game is beyond winnable though, with the only other challenge being at Iowa--where Nebraska has never lost since joining the Big Ten--at the end of the year.

By no means do I think we're going 12-0 next year, but there isn't a team on the schedule that we can't beat including OSU (they're the only ones where I think they have a legit talent advantage).

• Oregon loses both OC and QB
  • UW just lost its DC
  • OSU loses significant talent/experience, except QB
  • As for the rest of the teams, a lot of those are of the "if we don't beat ourselves" type

Nice troll work OP. How in the f#*k could MSU getting prison raped by the gumps make a Husker fan feel better about our season? How could Iowa getting destroyed make us feel better our season, schadenfreude not withstanding? How could Michigan resurgence under Harbaugh and tOSU continued excellence make a Husker fan feel better about where we are as a program?

You just wanted another chance to piss and moan in your usual backdoor, underhanded manner. Good work.

• Fire 3

Nice troll work OP. How in the f#*k could MSU getting prison raped by the gumps make a Husker fan feel better about our season? How could Iowa getting destroyed make us feel better our season, schadenfreude not withstanding? How could Michigan resurgence under Harbaugh and tOSU continued excellence make a Husker fan feel better about where we are as a program?

You just wanted another chance to piss and moan in your usual backdoor, underhanded manner. Good work.

Wow

So, your answer is "worse", it makes you feel worse. Got it.

Wow

Yes. Worse. Forgot to state the obvious. Have there been lots of people feeling better about our season due to the MSU and Iowa bowl results?

Didn't think so...... unless they are simply deluding themselves and desperately trying to put a positive spin on things.

Wow

Yes. Worse. Forgot to state the obvious. Have there been lots of people feeling better about our season due to the MSU and Iowa bowl results?

Didn't think so...... unless they are simply deluding themselves and desperately trying to put a positive spin on things.

See RADAR.

Iowa had no chance against Stanford, zero. Ohio State would have matched up nice against Stanford in the Rose....but still fun to watch them bitch slap the Irish!!

Yep

And Michigan State had no chance against Alabama...

Which is why Michigan State's final score was... 0 ... even though MS is a well coached team. But look at MS's recruiting class this year. They get it.

There is a HUGE DISPARITY in the quality level of players among the elite teams that have recruited well... and everyone else.

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

Wow

See RADAR.
Sorry, guess I should have specified....... rational, non-delusional people.

Wow

See RADAR.

Is he still around? That troll was the main reason I went away for a month. I was hoping he got banned

Wow

Teach, we all feel worse. The question is, do you feel better? :hmmph

• Fire 1

Wow

Teach, we all feel worse. The question is, do you feel better? :hmmph

I feel better!! I feel like I saw Nebraska finally play the game I have been waiting to see them play. What MSU and Iowa did really didn't affect me. Well honestly I liked seeing Iowa get exposed.