Do the results of the MSU and Iowa game make you feel...

Nice troll work OP. How in the f#*k could MSU getting prison raped by the gumps make a Husker fan feel better about our season? How could Iowa getting destroyed make us feel better our season, schadenfreude not withstanding? How could Michigan resurgence under Harbaugh and tOSU continued excellence make a Husker fan feel better about where we are as a program?

You just wanted another chance to piss and moan in your usual backdoor, underhanded manner. Good work.

Wow

So, your answer is "worse", it makes you feel worse. Got it.

Yes. Worse. Forgot to state the obvious. Have there been lots of people feeling better about our season due to the MSU and Iowa bowl results?

Didn't think so...... unless they are simply deluding themselves and desperately trying to put a positive spin on things.

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

He's done. One too many times calling our players stupid.
RADAR!!!!

For me, I felt better and here is why...I think MSU takes a step back and I think Iowa takes 2-3 steps back, even though Wisconsin won, they lost their DC and I think they take a step back, I think PSU continues to flounder and in the end I think the top 3 teams are OSU, Michigan and NU...

So, even though JJ felt I was trolling, I was not. NU is top 3 in the Big Ten and in my book, odds on favorite to win the west next year. So that is why I asked it JJ, you asked how anyone could feel better? That's how.

Well that seems to be an honest answer. I had not considered feeling better about Nebraska because of others doing worse.

I think it is huge for NU...I don't see the Illini or Purdue getting better...I think NW and Iowa take steps back next year...Like I said with Wisky I think they will really miss their DC.

I guess the thing I struggle with is that I really don't understand how we are not already competing for the B1G west division and conference championships. The west division is absolutely as weak as possible now, I do not want to see Nebraska's chance improve due it getting even worse. I just want us to stand up and claim what is already hanging low, waiting to be taken. The last way I want that to happen would be because Iowa (or insert any B1G west team) got even worse. We could've easily done it this year with just a bit of offensive play calling, a shred of pass defense, and qb play that just took care of the ball. 3 simple things that should be expected "givens" at doNU.

I think being older and having lived through the glory years makes it impossible for me to look at some of these things the way a younger person, who has only known the mediocrity of Nebraska football may look at them. I guess for that I am sorry for not being able to consider some of these angles that you may take for granted. I want to be good because we're good, not because others are unbelievably bad.

• Fire 2

Tiers of rankings matter. As was mentioned above, top 20/25 is probably necessary for playoff runs, but thats because the sites aren't normally completely wrong. They are just correlated, not the cause of, winning a lot of games.

Tiers of rankings matter. As was mentioned above, top 20/25 is probably necessary for playoff runs, but thats because the sites aren't normally completely wrong. They are just correlated, not the cause of, winning a lot of games.

Right, and the top echelon teams are on their own level. They consistently pull in more of the best athletes and football players than anyone else. This is an incontrovertible fact. This is why they are top echelon programs.

NU is not a top echelon program and hasn't been since before Frank got fired. If we want to get back to being a top echelon team then we MUST do a better job of recruiting across the board.

How do you suggest NU do that? Cheat? Rehire John Blake (read: cheat)?

I'm asking because NU has poured an unprecedented amount of money into recruiting this year (last estimate I read was 3x the amounts spent during previous to this year) and the class is in the 30s.

People looking for salvation at the recruitnik well are going to be left feeling sour.

Nice troll work OP. How in the f#*k could MSU getting prison raped by the gumps make a Husker fan feel better about our season? How could Iowa getting destroyed make us feel better our season, schadenfreude not withstanding? How could Michigan resurgence under Harbaugh and tOSU continued excellence make a Husker fan feel better about where we are as a program?

You just wanted another chance to piss and moan in your usual backdoor, underhanded manner. Good work.

Wow

Yes. Worse. Forgot to state the obvious. Have there been lots of people feeling better about our season due to the MSU and Iowa bowl results?

Didn't think so...... unless they are simply deluding themselves and desperately trying to put a positive spin on things.

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

For me, I felt better and here is why...I think MSU takes a step back and I think Iowa takes 2-3 steps back, even though Wisconsin won, they lost their DC and I think they take a step back, I think PSU continues to flounder and in the end I think the top 3 teams are OSU, Michigan and NU...

So, even though JJ felt I was trolling, I was not. NU is top 3 in the Big Ten and in my book, odds on favorite to win the west next year. So that is why I asked it JJ, you asked how anyone could feel better? That's how.

Well that seems to be an honest answer. I had not considered feeling better about Nebraska because of others doing worse.
I think it is huge for NU...I don't see the Illini or Purdue getting better...I think NW and Iowa take steps back next year...Like I said with Wisky I think they will really miss their DC.
I guess the thing I struggle with is that I really don't understand how we are not already competing for the B1G west division and conference championships. The west division is absolutely as weak as possible now, I do not want to see Nebraska's chance improve due it getting even worse. I just want us to stand up and claim what is already hanging low, waiting to be taken. The last way I want that to happen would be because Iowa (or insert any B1G west team) got even worse. We could've easily done it this year with just a bit of offensive play calling, a shred of pass defense, and qb play that just took care of the ball. 3 simple things that should be expected "givens" at doNU.

I think being older and having lived through the glory years makes it impossible for me to look at some of these things the way a younger person, who has only known the mediocrity of Nebraska football may look at them. I guess for that I am sorry for not being able to consider some of these angles that you may take for granted. I want to be good because we're good, not because others are unbelievably bad.

Just taking you longer to accept. I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I was used to annual preseason top five or ten rankings as well. I lived in denial through Callahans tenure. Had hope of resurgence under Bo initially, but eventually reality just hits you. Too many years of bad management at various levels caught up with us.

I would say this year is when I finally fully made peace with the fact that the program is irrevocably changed. We are Iowa. We are a tick below Michigan St. And, I dont think we have the cache any longer to make the kindof coaching hire like Michigan did to instantly vault back to relevance. Too many missteps. Its been to long. Geography, recruiting challenges, high expectations, etc. I just do not believe this is an attractive place for a hot coach with a lot of options anymore.

Our best hope IMO, is that Frost actually ends up being a good HC and a few years down the road we get him to take over.

Right, and the top echelon teams are on their own level. They consistently pull in more of the best athletes and football players than anyone else. This is an incontrovertible fact. This is why they are top echelon programs.

NU is not a top echelon program and hasn't been since before Frank got fired. If we want to get back to being a top echelon team then we MUST do a better job of recruiting across the board.

I'm asking because NU has poured an unprecedented amount of money into recruiting this year (last estimate I read was 3x the amounts spent during previous to this year) and the class is in the 30s.

People looking for salvation at the recruitnik well are going to be left feeling sour.

Hire guys who are good at it. Make sure we have a "support staff" that rivals Bama's.

• Fire 1

We have some good players coming in. I'm not sure why overall rankings based on number of recruits is that important to you? I'm looking for players to fill our needs on the field ,not to fill up the bench.

We have some good players coming in. I'm not sure why overall rankings based on number of recruits is that important to you? I'm looking for players to fill our needs on the field ,not to fill up the bench.

Then this class should worry you. We aren't hitting on D line at all. Look at the roster and think about our D line the year after next. The cupboard will be sparse to say the least. We already have no real rush ends which are essential to making Bankers D effective. Now Collins is gone. VV is likely gone as well, so now tackle starts getting thin and after next year beyond thin. There are some real holes in the recruiting process right now

We definitely have good players coming in. Similar to what we've had most years in the past. This roster today is good enough to win a lot of games and maybe steal a championship. It far under achieved its talent level this year.

• Fire 1

Hire guys who are good at it. Make sure we have a "support staff" that rivals Bama's.

and win games. It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario in that I'm not sure how you end up with one (top recruits) without the other (wins).

Then this class should worry you. We aren't hitting on D line at all. Look at the roster and think about our D line the year after next. The cupboard will be sparse to say the least. We already have no real rush ends which are essential to making Bankers D effective. Now Collins is gone. VV is likely gone as well, so now tackle starts getting thin and after next year beyond thin. There are some real holes in the recruiting process right now

Well yeah, that happens when you have a transition like this. Did anyone expect it to be better considering what happened? Like I said earlier, we need to get some impact players and make a splash on the national scene....then other top recruits will want to be a part of that.

​This isn't directed at you or anyone here, but who doesn't know the NCAA is a joke? If they wanted to have "parity" and be "fair" they'd have a coaching salary cap and a 3 round draft for any player who isn't smart enough to get into Stanford. The system they have is set up to divide teams into patsies and big-market money-making teams. It would be better if they were honest and made the NFL pay for their own minor league team. Until then we just have to give it the old college try and make players better than they should be. Maybe switch some offense to defense in order to field a team?

Wow

See RADAR.

I haven't.

Has he been banned?

RADAR!!!!

Iowa was ranked #5, NW was #13, Wisconsin was unranked, but should have been ranked in the #20s and will end the season ranked. It's worth noting Wisconsin had a coaching change, as did preseason West favorite Minnesota (and of course NU did too). Your perception that the Big Ten West is "as weak as possible" is wrong. But two things: 1) I would never root for our competition to be weaker so that we would have a better chance of winning. That kind of thinking is for losers, imo; and 2) NU should be more competitive than we were this year. I think the transition was more difficult than most of us outsiders thought it would be, but I have faith we'll show good improvement next season.

and win games. It's kind of a chicken and egg scenario in that I'm not sure how you end up with one (top recruits) without the other (wins).

A little bit, but good recruiting can be done no matter the record. Ole Miss and Clemson recruited themselves into the top 10.