Do the results of the MSU and Iowa game make you feel...

Everything will be all well and good until Oregon lays the smack down on us at home on September 17... losses in Evanston, Madison, and Columbus will follow... and we'll be pretty much stuck with the same sick feeling in our stomachs that we had for the majority of this season.

• Fire 1

Everything will be all well and good until Oregon lays the smack down on us at home on September 17... losses in Evanston, Madison, and Columbus will follow... and we'll be pretty much stuck with the same sick feeling in our stomachs that we had for the majority of this season.

If that happens (and I don't think it will), Riley will be done

If that happens (and I don't think it will), Riley will be done

I think we beat NW for sure and Wisc could go either way but I like our chances. Columbus could get ugly

I think while both blowouts they are different. Iowa got their doors blown off from the outset. Michigan St. Hung tough for a while and the game got away from them in the second half when they had to press and take chances.

Iowa is who I thought they were. They don't beat us if our coaches called a better game and Tommy didn't have the worst game of his life. I have no doubt we could have put up a better showing against Stanford. I think the other game would have looked largely the same.

I guess to answer your question not better or worse. I never thought we were behind either of these teams talent wise and I still don't. We can compete and win our division next year if the coaching staff makes the adjustments they need to. I have no doubt about that

We should be dominating Iowa and Michigan State. We might not be "behind" them, but we aren't in front of them either. We're in the middle of the pack of a weak division. Can't even imagine how bad it'd be if we had to play Michigan and OSU every year.

• Fire 1

I think while both blowouts they are different. Iowa got their doors blown off from the outset. Michigan St. Hung tough for a while and the game got away from them in the second half when they had to press and take chances.

Iowa is who I thought they were. They don't beat us if our coaches called a better game and Tommy didn't have the worst game of his life. I have no doubt we could have put up a better showing against Stanford. I think the other game would have looked largely the same.

I guess to answer your question not better or worse. I never thought we were behind either of these teams talent wise and I still don't. We can compete and win our division next year if the coaching staff makes the adjustments they need to. I have no doubt about that

We should be dominating Iowa and Michigan State. We might not be "behind" them, but we aren't in front of them either. We're in the middle of the pack of a weak division. Can't even imagine how bad it'd be if we had to play Michigan and OSU every year.

If you are still living in the 90's then yeah we should be dominating the Big 10 as a whole. But the fact of the matter is Mich St. Has passed us by as a program in the here and now. Iowa has caught up.

My opinions are just being formed on the current state of the team and realistic prospects going forward. The days of dominance have been over for a very long time. We are not in the top echelon of college football anymore

• Fire 2

If you are still living in the 90's then yeah we should be dominating the Big 10 as a whole. But the fact of the matter is Mich St. Has passed us by as a program in the here and now. Iowa has caught up.

My opinions are just being formed on the current state of the team and realistic prospects going forward. The days of dominance have been over for a very long time. We are not in the top echelon of college football anymore

I agree. But I think all of us have higher expectations, and that's why people are so pissed off.

This year's B10w reminds me of the awful B10n teams of the mid '00s when there were stretches where none of the teams from the division finished ranked. The b10w was a total mirage of paper yogurts (autocorrect and it's staying) this year. If NU hadn't gone through the coaching change, this was likely a 10 or 11 (maybe even 12) win regular season.

Today just further exposed the division.

Nah, CFB is (even more than ever) about matchups. Sparty was a horrible matchup for Bama, especially with Cook not being 100%. OSU would play bama close (if not win again). Also, put Michigan against Tennessee and NW against Florida, and the B1G wins both games instead of 1 blowout win, and 1 blowout loss.

I agree. But I think all of us have higher expectations, and that's why people are so pissed off.

I know, but for the time being it is what it is. I grew up in the heyday of the 90's teams and its sucked to watch this spiral, but eventually you have to start to adjust those expectations. Does that mean accepting mediocrity? No. But it does mean that we can't expect to reverse a 15 yr spiral overnight. So, if next year we win 9 or 10 that would be a good thing. But if we do we have to continue to build on any success and not stagnate. One of the reasons I hated the Riley hire to begin with is his age. I think under the best circumstances this job was a multi year turnaround. I think we needed a coach who was going to be in it for the long haul and build another dynasty. I would've loved to have seen a young coach come in who would look at the job as his chance to be the next TO.

So at this point, my hope is to get back to respectability and that the next coach has a solid situation to step in and take it to the next level. It sucks but that's where I am mentally with this program now

• Fire 1

Probably worse. The B1G champ got owned. Iowa got beat like they stole something........ Bama, Clemson, Stanford look light years ahead of us. I'd even throw in Michigan and OSU as well.

One thing, in another thread, is how bad we are in TO's. The teams at the top were all +13 or more in TO margin save Clemson at -2. NU is at -12....... Until we stop the things we can control, talent, scheme, coaching etc won't matter. We continue to turn it over like we have, we will continue to squaller in mediocrity.... Its a Nebraska thing as OSU was + TO margin since 2008 except for one year...... Its something that has plagued NU for a while. Since 2000 we have only been + TO margin twice....

I feel worse. Watching the real top tier teams beat up on teams that we're at best even with is frustrating and shows how far we have to go. What I've learned, or what really what I've been reminded of is this.

We've got to be better in turnover margin and both the O-line and the D-line need to get better athletes. We simply don't match up to bama, OSU, Clemson, OU, etc.