Do the results of the MSU and Iowa game make you feel...

Everything will be all well and good until Oregon lays the smack down on us at home on September 17... losses in Evanston, Madison, and Columbus will follow... and we'll be pretty much stuck with the same sick feeling in our stomachs that we had for the majority of this season.

If that happens (and I don't think it will), Riley will be done

No he won't... he'll finish 8-4 in the regular season and it'll be called "marked" or "drastic" improvement. He's not going anywhere.

• Fire 1

Everything will be all well and good until Oregon lays the smack down on us at home on September 17... losses in Evanston, Madison, and Columbus will follow... and we'll be pretty much stuck with the same sick feeling in our stomachs that we had for the majority of this season.

If that happens (and I don't think it will), Riley will be done

No he won't... he'll finish 8-4 in the regular season and it'll be called "marked" or "drastic" improvement. He's not going anywhere.

+1 for being right, although I don't like it....I think 8-4 is the ceiling for next year (losses to Oregon, OSU, Wisconsin, and one of Maryland, Indiana, Northwestern, or Iowa) with the potential of going 6-6.

For me, the games yesterday and today revealed a lot about the recruiting gap between teams. Sure, you can over achieve and win more games than you should, but you needed to recruit to win major games.

The Alabama-MSU, Northwestern-Tenn, Ole Miss-Okie St, Standford-Iowa games really showed that recruiting really is the name of the game.

And it has been for a long time.

That's what's so puzzling about the last 15 years. It's like our entire football program has completely missed the boat on recruiting... and the boat has sailed.

Alabama and Ohio State have seen the wisdom of great recruiting and great coaching... and they've made the best of it...

While we've stood flat footed... made excuses... and just watched.

It is funny you said that, I feel the same exact way. I think because Callahan was so crazy about recruiting and since he became a villain to most NU fans, a lot of fans jumped on the "stars don't matter" wagon and Bo (the moron that he was) fed into that a lot of times.

It seemed to be this rallying cry by a lot of fans (myself included) that the recruiting part was not that big of a deal..

• Fire 2

For me, the games yesterday and today revealed a lot about the recruiting gap between teams. Sure, you can over achieve and win more games than you should, but you needed to recruit to win major games.

The Alabama-MSU, Northwestern-Tenn, Ole Miss-Okie St, Standford-Iowa games really showed that recruiting really is the name of the game.

And it has been for a long time.

That's what's so puzzling about the last 15 years. It's like our entire football program has completely missed the boat on recruiting... and the boat has sailed.

Alabama and Ohio State have seen the wisdom of great recruiting and great coaching... and they've made the best of it...

While we've stood flat footed... made excuses... and just watched.

There is still time to build a jet boat and name it 'Suck My Wake'....JET BOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvYtbd7YE3

To answer the OP: worse. Kinda.

But frankly I was rooting for Stanford.

I was never impressed with Iowa and thought Nebraska stood a good chance against both MSU and Iowa when we played.

Bowl games are tricky. Last year was considered a weak year for the Big 10 UNTIL the bowl games.

But obviously it would have been nice if the Top 10 team the Huskers upset didn't look so meek against SEC competition.

We're not losing in Evanston. We haven't yet, and we won't next year.

Oregon will be tricky, but we're at home so anything can happen. I think we'll be returning a lot more players than they will, but experience doesn't matter when you have all that athleticism like Oregon does (a la Alabama). It'll be fun to see how we matchup against the Ducks. A road trip to Madison will be tough--Nebraska hasn't come within 30 points of the Badgers in Mad Town--followed by an even tougher challenge in Columbus where Nebraska lost 63-38 last time they visited there. I don't think we should be too upset if Nebraska loses close and competitive games against the Badgers and Buckeyes.

Every other Big Ten West game is beyond winnable though, with the only other challenge being at Iowa--where Nebraska has never lost since joining the Big Ten--at the end of the year.