Country Music

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison...

"Momma". Yeah, and I crossed the railroad tracks lookin' for my wallet.....

and I went to pick her up in the rain

but before I could get to the station in my pick up truck

she got runned over by a darned old train.

Hey, that rhymes.

It's been said that if y'all play a country record backwards, ya git yer wallet back, yer baby back, yer trailor back, yer sobriety back, and momma gets outta prison....and it stops rainin'.

Did you guys know all those music producers and technicians from the 80s L.A. hair metal scene all moved to Nashville? That's where all the money is because country fans still buy CDs, and that's why all that radio country essentially follows the same formula as 80s hair metal.

Sounds 'bout right. And now they have that thar' rappin' in country songs, cuz, you know, rappin' is popular, everybody raps, if you can form a partial sentence, you can rap, and if there ain't one thang I cain't stand in C & W music is dadgum white guys rappin' chuckleshuffle

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison...

"Momma". Yeah, and I crossed the railroad tracks lookin' for my wallet.....

and I went to pick her up in the rain

but before I could get to the station in my pick up truck

she got runned over by a darned old train.

Hey, that rhymes.

It's been said that if y'all play a country record backwards, ya git yer wallet back, yer baby back, yer trailor back, yer sobriety back, and momma gets outta prison....and it stops rainin'.

that's David Allen Coe!

Did you guys know all those music producers and technicians from the 80s L.A. hair metal scene all moved to Nashville? That's where all the money is because country fans still buy CDs, and that's why all that radio country essentially follows the same formula as 80s hair metal.

grunge killed hair metal. thank you for saving the music world Nirvana ,Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and everyone else!

• Fire 1

grunge killed hair metal. thank you for saving the music world Nirvana ,Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and everyone else!

Back when I was livin' in Seattle, Kurt and Courtney were my neighbors, a few houses down, though I didn't know it at the time. In fact, I didn't even know who Nirvana was at the time. Found out after his suicide.

• 1 month later...

Country music today is basically pop music with a little twang to it. It is very formulatic just like all top 40 music has been. Country music starts come and go very quickly anymore. I remember a few years back Gretchen Wilson played the Madison County Fair on her way up. She really hit it bag with her trailer trash/redneck stuff and had 2-3 hits later that year. About 2 years later she was playing the Madison Co Fair on her way back down.

Country music today is basically pop music with a little twang to it. It is very formulatic just like all top 40 music has been. Country music starts come and go very quickly anymore. I remember a few years back Gretchen Wilson played the Madison County Fair on her way up. She really hit it bag with her trailer trash/redneck stuff and had 2-3 hits later that year. About 2 years later she was playing the Madison Co Fair on her way back down.

That's why 104.9 has gotten so popular.

And she could have been really big, from what I understand she just hated the stardom.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I am not a huge listener of country music, but to me there is the fake, bro-country music crap, and real country music artists.

Bro-country is Florida-Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, etc. who are basically pop singers and sings songs that are written and produced by those Nashville guys that were mentioned above.

Real country music is actually something I don't mind listening to.