GT: Michigan at Nebraska - 1PM CT - ESPN2

They played pretty well, Michigan and Indiana are just sh**ty matchups for the way Milse runs his offense and defense.

Its about playing team ball. Shields had 5 TO, took bad shots & missed 3 crucial free throws down the stretch. Huskers made their comeback with Shields on the bench!

while I have argued this same "Shields point" all year, I can't throw him under the bus for lack of effort.

Obviously no one feels worse about his play today then he probably does.

It's almost as if he has been told (or at least.....in his mind)........has come to believe that, as a senior he HAS to put the team on his back and WILL it to victory.

Not only is that a ton of pressure, but it looks as if when he does get others involved, his game is much improved because he's not forcing so much.

You could see it in his demeanor after he missed the 3 free throws (and probably 4, since it was a 1 and 1); that he tried to force things; didn't get the calls; didn't share the ball (especially when dribbling ---he's not our best ball handler); and then lost it and made stupid fouls. He's evidently feeling a lot of pressure (whether outside or self-induced), and it's affecting his game.

As a 4 year contributor, I hope he can relax and enjoy the rest of season......I'd guess good things would happen.

Michigan had an unbelievable offensive game plan. They were making difficult shots and the ball bounced their way today. Rebounding wasn't the best but I am sure Jacobsen had 2 fouls not 4 with two fouls called with his hands up in the air playing sound defense. They can't have a definition of what a foul is anymore either, both sides got bad and good calls today so it was even. Michigan made shots, had a high field goal percentage and today was their day, time to shake off the loss and move on. This Michigan team is red hot as well so we need to put our heads up and play better the next game.

In the end...the best player for Michigan was not playing...

But it doesn't matter because Belien is soooooo far ahead of Miles in the coaching department that it is not even fair. He MIGHT be a top 5 coach in the nation. He is simply amazing with how he spreads the floor

And Nebraska's a young team. There's +s and -s for each side. I don't think Belien outcoached Miles all that much in this game. Michigan just shot the ball better.

• Fire 1

Pick-n-roll.. pretty basic concept, yet we have no clue. That is coaching, and that alone could have won us the game. I have seen this all year, we run it but never use it, or even try to use it. Michigan ran it to perfection because we had no clue how to stop it.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you for once. We do not defend this very good and other teams are going to see this!