199 People, Places & Things Donald Trump has insulted on Twitter

I'm just going to leave this here...

John Oliver gives Drumpf a taste of his own medicine

I have never watched that show...is it any good?

Never been a John Oliver guy either. Not that I dislike him, just never watched his show. He earned a fan after that, though.

The media covers him because it gets ratings. A TON of the liberal media are pretty obviously anti-Trump if you watch them for a while'. They just can't be too overt about it, so as to appear to maintain objectivity.

A couple of the ladies on CNN are less concerned with objectivity, and I applaud them for it. Oliver, likewise, has no such preoccupations.

He absolutely called a spade a spade, in a way no one has thus far. Trump got owned.

Some thoughts from some people on Trump from this article:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-marco-rubio-and-a-brief-theory-of-trump-fatigue/article/2584486

"He's a disaster," said Cheryl Buford, of Vienna. "He's a con man. I think Marco nailed it."

"I could live with Cruz, quite frankly, but Rubio is the only candidate who inspires us," said Bill Cullo, of Alexandria, there with wife Tracy. Both have worked in politics in the past.

Trump? "She sees Trump as the End of Days," said Bill, nodding toward his wife.

"Oh, my God," said Tracy.

Over the course of the campaign, Trump has been compared to any number of dictators and strongmen. Carlos Chaves, of Dumfries, said he saw something familiar in Trump. "I lived in Venezuela for two years," Chaves told me. "The way [Trump] speaks and the way he expresses himself are very similar to how Hugo Chavez expressed himself to the people. So I don't want to make the mistake of electing someone who is like that."

• Fire 1

If Donald Trump is the Republican nominee, the very next day I am changing my registration from Republican to Independent. I live in a congressional district in Iowa with a first term Republican Congressman who I like a lot and who will be in a tight reelection campaign; but if he campaigns with Trump, instead of distancing himself from Trump, I will not vote for him either. I have already stopped listening/reading Rush, Hannity, Ingraham, and Coulter. How anyone who calls themselves a conservative can support Trump truly baffles me. If fact, I don't understand how anyone who considers him/herself a decent human being can support Trump.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just kind of bummed because I'm about to become a conservative without a party.

• Fire 3

If Donald Trump is the Republican nominee, the very next day I am changing my registration from Republican to Independent. I live in a congressional district in Iowa with a first term Republican Congressman who I like a lot and who will be in a tight reelection campaign; but if he campaigns with Trump, instead of distancing himself from Trump, I will not vote for him either. I have already stopped listening/reading Rush, Hannity, Ingraham, and Coulter. How anyone who calls themselves a conservative can support Trump truly baffles me. If fact, I don't understand how anyone who considers him/herself a decent human being can support Trump.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just kind of bummed because I'm about to become a conservative without a party.

Set yourself free. It's a refreshing feeling.

• Fire 1

Set yourself free. It's a refreshing feeling.

I'm sure it will be. I was a pretty active republican (served as a county republican committeeman etc.). I can't imagine the landslide that Hillary will win by if people like me are going to stay home on election day. (not actually stay home, but write someone in for president.

OHHHH MY GODDDDDD, register Independent!!!!!!!

There is literally NO WAY either of these two dominant political parties represent you. You're one of what? 300+ million Americans? You have diverse interests, needs, concerns, etc. You cannot possibly be delineated into one of two buckets. It's simply not possible.

Please, please, please, I beg you Dbqgolfer, whatever your political leanings are, PLEASE do not register as a Democrat or a Republican. They're shysters, all of them. Don't ally with them, don't adhere to them, don't identify yourself as one of them. (and I was a pretty active Republican, volunteering on campaigns, too. I feel your pain.)

• Fire 1

I think Rubio is trying to get under his skin by returning insults. (Trump's face, wet pants, size of his hands, etc) Of course Rubio isn't looking any more like an adult doing so.

I agree on both points, but someone has to knock Trump around to point out just what an awful candidate he is. Trump has gotten months of free air time for saying vulgar outrageous things, and the media has helped prop him up. Here is my assessment of what has transpired:

1. All media outlets, but especially the mainstream media, have given Trump plenty of great airtime to improve his standing in the GOP race.

2. The mainstream media has secretly been hoping for Trump to be the nominee in hope of Hillary having an easy victory in November.

3. In recent weeks, the reality of Trump winning the nomination is starting to spook the MSM, and they are now finally pushing back on his candidacy more than they had the prior 6-9 months. They are terrified he could somehow beat Hillary and become the POTUS.

I honestly have many Conservative friends and do not know any that are supporting Trump. I really don't understand who is voting for him, but I do feel he's getting a great deal of support among Reagan Dems and lower/middle class whites that typically don't care about politics.