South Dakota and transgender

I almost fear posting this topic, but today is the last day Governor Daugaard can sign a south Dakota transgender law.

The law would require people to use the bathroom of their born gender, and not the sex they identify as. SD has been at the forefront of these religious freedom laws that have came out of the woodwork since gay marriage has been legal.

According to a Williams Institute study from 2011, there were about 700,000 transgender persons in the US, or roughly 0.22% of the population.

I'm not sure we need a law to correct this problem. Or maybe it's better to say that a State government should have bigger things on its plate than a law like this.

According to a Williams Institute study from 2011, there were about 700,000 transgender persons in the US, or roughly 0.22% of the population.

I'm not sure we need a law to correct this problem. Or maybe it's better to say that a State government should have bigger things on its plate than a law like this.

This isn't an anti-discrimination law; it's the opposite. On the topic of anti-discrimination laws though, what better pathway is there?

I almost fear posting this topic, but today is the last day Governor Daugaard can sign a south Dakota transgender law.

The law would require people to use the bathroom of their born gender, and not the sex they identify as. SD has been at the forefront of these religious freedom laws that have came out of the woodwork since gay marriage has been legal.

How is this a religious freedom issue?

How is this a religious freedom issue?

Umm, I think I confused it with another bill being passed around south Dakota hat would would have allowed business owners to refuse service based off religious beliefs. Included under this bill was gay,I believe transgender, and single mothers.... Yes. Single pregnant women.

I honestly can not figure out why people waist so much time on issues like this. OK....does it really matter where they go take a piss? If a woman becomes a man and they go into use a men's bathroom....WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS!!!!!

Same the other direction.

It continues to baffle me how some people get caught up in this crap. (Haha...punn totally unintended but funny anyway)

I honestly can not figure out why people waist so much time on issues like this. OK....does it really matter where they go take a piss? If a woman becomes a man and they go into use a men's bathroom....WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS!!!!!

It continues to baffle me how some people get caught up in this crap. (Haha...punn totally unintended but funny anyway)

To be honest, probably 90 percent of women I know would have a problem with a man coming into their restroom. I'm not a woman so I default to what I am told regarding their feelings of comfort and safety.

• Fire 1

The entire conversation is centered around the fear that male predators will use the law as as legal loophole for being able to prey on women in women's bathrooms.

• Fire 1