South Dakota and transgender

According to a Williams Institute study from 2011, there were about 700,000 transgender persons in the US, or roughly 0.22% of the population.

I'm not sure we need a law to correct this problem. Or maybe it's better to say that a State government should have bigger things on its plate than a law like this.

I honestly can not figure out why people waist so much time on issues like this. OK....does it really matter where they go take a piss? If a woman becomes a man and they go into use a men's bathroom....WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS!!!!!

Same the other direction.

It continues to baffle me how some people get caught up in this crap. (Haha...punn totally unintended but funny anyway)

I dunno. I imagine my eight year old niece would be sort of creeped out if some hairy, middle aged "woman" with a wanker and two low hanging balls followed her into the restroom.

And frankly, I think the whole transgender fad is some sort of silly attention-getting thing. I mean, if a dude is born with XY chromosomes, a wanker and testes, he's a man. He can pretend all he wants that he's a woman. But he's still a man.

(Okay, I know there are freak medical conditions like XXY people. But those are very rare.)

• Fire 1

(Okay, I know there are freak medical conditions like XXY people. But those are very rare.)

more or less rare than a middle aged "woman" with wanker and balls following your niece into a bathroom?

Not sure how rare either one is, really. I realize that most transgender people aren't as masculine looking as I described. I doubt if anyone would notice, since people usually don't pay much attention to others when they're in the can.

According to a Williams Institute study from 2011, there were about 700,000 transgender persons in the US, or roughly 0.22% of the population.

I'm not sure we need a law to correct this problem. Or maybe it's better to say that a State government should have bigger things on its plate than a law like this.

I honestly can not figure out why people waist so much time on issues like this. OK....does it really matter where they go take a piss? If a woman becomes a man and they go into use a men's bathroom....WHO GIVES A FLYING RATS ASS!!!!!

It continues to baffle me how some people get caught up in this crap. (Haha...punn totally unintended but funny anyway)

I dunno. I imagine my eight year old niece would be sort of creeped out if some hairy, middle aged "woman" with a wanker and two low hanging balls followed her into the restroom.

And frankly, I think the whole transgender fad is some sort of silly attention-getting thing. I mean, if a dude is born with XY chromosomes, a wanker and testes, he's a man. He can pretend all he wants that he's a woman. But he's still a man.

Soooo....your 8 year old nephew would be less creeped out if a middle aged 'woman" wearing a dress followed him into the bathroom and whipped out a wanker and two low hanging balls to use the restroom?

Soooo....your 8 year old nephew would be less creeped out if a middle aged 'woman" wearing a dress followed him into the bathroom and whipped out a wanker and two low hanging balls to use the restroom?

No. It would be an equally creepy situation, I'd say.

So....the transgender is in a no win situation. Remind me again why it matters where they go to the bathroom?

This isn't an anti-discrimination law; it's the opposite. On the topic of anti-discrimination laws though, what better pathway is there?

Regardless of whether it's protecting transgender rights or trampling them, I think it's a law that hits at a tiny fringe of the population. Pro or Con, with such a tiny fraction of the population as its focus, it doesn't need to be looked at right now.

And I suppose the counter-argument to that is that murderers are a tiny fraction of the population but we have laws against murder. So blerg.

So....the transgender is in a no win situation. Remind me again why it matters where they go to the bathroom?

I don't think it does matter. You asked who would be creeped out by it. (Actually, you asked who gives a flying rat's ass.)

As open-minded as I think I am, I can't get on board with the transgender thing. I think it's all social. We grow up learning how men are supposed to act and how women are supposed to act and some of that is socially constructed. For instance whether wearing a dress is okay. Men who want to wear dresses weren't supposed to be born a woman. They are just men who want to wear a dress. Wearing a dress or wanting to dress or look like a woman is not a biological thing.

I've met around 5 transgender females and have seen a couple of them often enough that I've seen their stages. Obviously this is all anecdotal since it's what I've seen but all 5 of them got giant honking boobs first thing (fake or otherwise). A couple of them weren't even shaving yet. They just had to get their boobs. It's hard for me to see that and not be insulted thinking that's what they see "Woman" as.

As someone mentioned before, it wouldn't bother me personally. I couldn't care less who is in the bathroom when I'm doing my business (as long as we don't have to start simultaneously sharing stalls, or urinals). BUT, for some people using the restroom is a very personal thing, so I don't think those people should have to feel uncomfortable just to accommodate someone else's situation. It shouldn't be compared to gay marriage neither. That is a completely different situation that doesn't violate the privacy of the rest of us. This however, is a little different.

• Fire 1

BUT, for some people using the restroom is a very personal thing, so I don't think those people should have to feel uncomfortable just to accommodate someone else's situation.

Trouble is, there is no way for this to be reality. No matter what, either which way the law goes, some people end up uncomfortable.

• Fire 1

There was a guy who I went to high school with. He was a couple years ahead of me, he was on the football team, but was only 5"9 and maybe a 145 dripping wet. Regardless, after high school he came out as being transgender and is going through treatments to become a women. It just made me think if he was more uncomfortable dressing in the locker room before and after games.

I also have a female cousin who is trans, and is going through horemone treatments as we speak.

Both have leagaly changed their names to for their gender they feel they are.

I think the biggest issue, is pre-op people. Like, it's a male with a penis, but identifies as a female, and wants to use the women's bathroom. That's where the problem is. I think it's part of the whole gender pronoun/identification thing, and makes my head spin. Like, I've heard people who wanted to be identified as "they" because of gender fluidity or something.