DE Hunter Echols [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why wouldn't we be interested in a 6'4" 2200 lb concensus 4* DE?

Is that all muscle or would we need to trim him down a few pounds? :-)

No - with our new 3 M weight and development program, he will be right in there size wise "Massive Muscle Mass". The new name for the 2018 Huskers will be Tons of Fun! We intend to just 'lean' our way down the field crushing our opponents into the turf as we go. Three drives is estimated to be all it will take to take out the entire three deep on defense.

• Fire 1

Why wouldn't we be interested in a 6'4" 2200 lb concensus 4* DE?

Is that all muscle or would we need to trim him down a few pounds? :-)

No - with our new 3 M weight and development program, he will be right in there size wise "Massive Muscle Mass". The new name for the 2018 Huskers will be Tons of Fun! We intend to just 'lean' our way down the field crushing our opponents into the turf as we go. Three drives is estimated to be all it will take to take out the entire three deep on defense.

You obviously didn't see the weight listed 84 ...

So I'm sure I'll get beat up by some of you on this, but wanted to note it nonetheless.

I put a lot of stock into how a recruit carries himself, when I see them, how they act on social media and etc. For instance I changed my vote on Lindsey after watching him interact w/our staff at FNL (I have him going to OSU).

So last night on Twitter after Echols announced his visit date (Fresno St) he got the typical #GBR congrats. Not a ton, as I think the state is very rightly focused on other things right now, and they were very vanilla, "going to be great to get you on campus" stuff, with the exception of one ND fan, who chirped about what losers Husker fans were because they talk to recruits on Twitter, and they he guessed that was because our coaching staff can't recruit so the people of the state must have to. No biggie really, happens all the time, but what pissed me off, and leads me to believe the Hunter is playing us to get his followers up and make a trip with his buddy and nothing more is that he reacted to no Nebraska tweets EXCEPT to the ND person that said we fans were losers.

Again, small potatoes in the scheme of things, but he proved early on in the recruiting process that he is one to play the Twitter currency game. I see zero chance of him being N and kinda think he's a punk for playing us. His back and forth on visits and announcements is indicative of that as well. Perhaps my mind changes as the days go on but right now I put him in the Kylin Hill bucket - no thanks. Don't like people playing with the good fans of NE.

• Fire 1

So I'm sure I'll get beat up by some of you on this, but wanted to note it nonetheless.

I put a lot of stock into how a recruit carries himself, when I see them, how they act on social media and etc. For instance I changed my vote on Lindsey after watching him interact w/our staff at FNL (I have him going to OSU).

So last night on Twitter after Echols announced his visit date (Fresno St) he got the typical #GBR congrats. Not a ton, as I think the state is very rightly focused on other things right now, and they were very vanilla, "going to be great to get you on campus" stuff, with the exception of one ND fan, who chirped about what losers Husker fans were because they talk to recruits on Twitter, and they he guessed that was because our coaching staff can't recruit so the people of the state must have to. No biggie really, happens all the time, but what pissed me off, and leads me to believe the Hunter is playing us to get his followers up and make a trip with his buddy and nothing more is that he reacted to no Nebraska tweets EXCEPT to the ND person that said we fans were losers.

Again, small potatoes in the scheme of things, but he proved early on in the recruiting process that he is one to play the Twitter currency game. I see zero chance of him being N and kinda think he's a punk for playing us. His back and forth on visits and announcements is indicative of that as well. Perhaps my mind changes as the days go on but right now I put him in the Kylin Hill bucket - no thanks. Don't like people playing with the good fans of NE.

I agree, I was never impressed with his behavior and antics. I think his offer should be rescinded and extended to an individual that is more mature and deserving.