SIGNED - OT Brenden Jaimes

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im more worried about #1,playing the best guys AND #2, having some quality backups ready to play. Get to teaching and coaching!! If i only had 1 plan for my business at all times and it failed i would be broke. Hes getting paid very well to have more than just 5 guys that can play well. Hell, last year we were lucky to have one most of the time.

and that's on a second year lineman coach???

Yes. That's what he is getting paid for.
So you are a chef at a restaurant. You are a very good italian chef. However you have to use all the ingredients that were left by the former chef. He just happened to cook mexican cuisine. Your food taste like crap. Where is the problem?

Lol, bad ingredients. Other than one spice (Gates) that was versatile enough to be in both style of foods.

Are we talking like, some nice garlic salt? Coriander? What are we working with, here?

There was enough talent on the OL last year to be decent to above average. Technique was sh#t and never got better. Alot of that is on the coach. Dont give me excuses, many of these guys are on scholly whether recruited by this staff or not. If you cant teach and coach and develop players to make them better(which i havent seen for 2 years) Olineman then wtf are you doing? Dont give me the bullsh#t excuses about talent. You dont need to be overly talented to be a good Olineman.

• Fire 2

There was enough talent on the OL last year to be decent to above average. Technique was sh#t and never got better. Alot of that is on the coach. Dont give me excuses, many of these guys are on scholly whether recruited by this staff or not. If you cant teach and coach and develop players to make them better(which i havent seen for 2 years) Olineman then wtf are you doing? Dont give me the bullsh#t excuses about talent. You dont need to be overly talented to be a good Olineman.

You dont need to be talented to be a good offensive lineman? I completely disagree with that, may possibly be one of the most inaccurate posts this century.

• Fire 1

You dont need to be talented to be a good offensive lineman? I completely disagree with that, may possibly be one of the most inaccurate posts this century.
Try reading before you post stupid sh#t. It clearly states 'overly talented' which is true. Ask anyone where they put Dlinemen who aren't athletic enough. They go to the Oline. Ask most Olinemen. They will agree they tend to not be the most athletically talented people on the field. If you feel any other way you are not right.
Talent and athletically talented are two very different things. You may not need to be overly athletically talented, but you sure need to be talented. Skill and technique to name just two.
Jeezus, this place is becoming hard to even look at. Heres the deal, when most people are talking about football players and talent are they not normally talking about athletic talent? Or are teams recruiting based on something else?? Technique and skill are basically hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. Technique can be taught and learned right??? So is that really about talent?? Let's just imagine when we are talking about recruits/football players and talent we are talking about athletic talent. Sound good? What a sh#t show this place is becoming.
Some people can be taught the technique, making them more talented (is that athletic talent?). But whatever.

I agree, this place has become a bunch of bickering the last few weeks. Sorry to have added to it.

Let's all just be friends and talk immigration policy.

Athletic talent cant be taught. So, no. Being taught a technique can increase their skill, but not athleticism.

Can't teach speed or IQ! Talent can come from a lot of places. What I see is certain poster just get too defensive and do not like to consider other opinions.

Try reading before you post stupid sh#t. It clearly states 'overly talented' which is true. Ask anyone where they put Dlinemen who aren't athletic enough. They go to the Oline. Ask most Olinemen. They will agree they tend to not be the most athletically talented people on the field. If you feel any other way you are not right.
Talent and athletically talented are two very different things. You may not need to be overly athletically talented, but you sure need to be talented. Skill and technique to name just two.
Jeezus, this place is becoming hard to even look at. Heres the deal, when most people are talking about football players and talent are they not normally talking about athletic talent? Or are teams recruiting based on something else?? Technique and skill are basically hand in hand as far as I'm concerned. Technique can be taught and learned right??? So is that really about talent?? Let's just imagine when we are talking about recruits/football players and talent we are talking about athletic talent. Sound good? What a sh#t show this place is becoming.
Some people can be taught the technique, making them more talented (is that athletic talent?). But whatever.

I agree, this place has become a bunch of bickering the last few weeks. Sorry to have added to it.

Athletic talent cant be taught. So, no. Being taught a technique can increase their skill, but not athleticism.

Can't teach speed or IQ! Talent can come from a lot of places. What I see is certain poster just get too defensive and do not like to consider other opinions.
I guess. Im done explaining. I apparently dont understand what the definition of ATHLETIC TALENT is. Biggest problem is a lot of posters dont read well.

I guess. Im done explaining. I apparently dont understand what the definition of ATHLETIC TALENT is. Biggest problem is a lot of posters dont read well.

Will agree with lack of reading! Sometimes it's better to make your point and move on!

Try reading before you post stupid sh#t. It clearly states 'overly talented' which is true. Ask anyone where they put Dlinemen who aren't athletic enough. They go to the Oline. Ask most Olinemen. They will agree they tend to not be the most athletically talented people on the field. If you feel any other way you are not right. Why do you think when a uberly athletically talented Olineman comes along they are so coveted. They're the unicorns of football.

Why would they even play OL if they are so athletically talented? I mean put him somewhere where being overly talented matters. Just put your biggest walk ons on the OL. Im sure they will do good enough. To hell with lateral quickness and explosiveness etc etc. You only have to be ok at that stuff guys.

Is Tommy Amrstrong talented? Most would say yes. Could he run our offense worth a lick? Most would say no.

Talent has to match scheme man you cant just have a bag of russet potatoes if you are trying to cook yams.

Im more worried about #1,playing the best guys AND #2, having some quality backups ready to play. Get to teaching and coaching!! If i only had 1 plan for my business at all times and it failed i would be broke. Hes getting paid very well to have more than just 5 guys that can play well. Hell, last year we were lucky to have one most of the time.

So you are a chef at a restaurant. You are a very good italian chef. However you have to use all the ingredients that were left by the former chef. He just happened to cook mexican cuisine. Your food taste like crap. Where is the problem?
Lol, bad ingredients. Other than one spice (Gates) that was versatile enough to be in both style of foods.
I dont see how everyone doesnt understand this

Because it's a flat out bull crap excuse. Plain and simple.

Thats why tommy did so well in the new scheme right?

Did he do so well in the old scheme?

• Fire 1

Ya, i wouldnt say he did that well. And who are you comparing him to? His play last year? He was better in 2015 even with the INTs.

Ya, i wouldnt say he did that well. And who are you comparing him to? His play last year? He was better in 2015 even with the INTs.

The entire argument here is that one side says you need the right players to fit in the right scheme to perform at a high level. The other side argues scheme schmeem its the coaches fault the players cant run their scheme at a high level.