Jake Hammond Transferring

Come on all your posters that said things like "just give him time"...this kid was horrid

I would never call a young man horrid who tried his best at the university I root for. I would shake his hand and wish him the very best where ever he decides to go. But you do what you feel is right.

I did...and deep down you agree.

• Fire 1

Come on all your posters that said things like "just give him time"...this kid was horrid

I would never call a young man horrid who tried his best at the university I root for. I would shake his hand and wish him the very best where ever he decides to go. But you do what you feel is right.

This ^^^

It's true that most fans expected more {especially after he decommited from Oklahoma (a final 4 team, I believe) to become a Husker.}

And, I do think there was incremental progress realized this year.........but evidently not enough.

I wish him well and hope that his scholly gets utilized by someone who progresses at a higher rate.

This just illustrates what a crapshoot recruiting can be..........trying to "project" future talent.

Wasn't is Ok State? And did he decommit or was it just that there was an offer?

This ^^^

It's true that most fans expected more {especially after he decommited from Oklahoma (a final 4 team, I believe) to become a Husker.}

And, I do think there was incremental progress realized this year.........but evidently not enough.

I wish him well and hope that his scholly gets utilized by someone who progresses at a higher rate.

This just illustrates what a crapshoot recruiting can be..........trying to "project" future talent.

Pretty sure it was Oklahoma...................now whether or not it was his idea or Oklahoma's to part ways...............really don't know; kinda of like here..............was it his idea to transfer or was he urged to look around....??

This ^^^

Pretty sure it was Oklahoma...................now whether or not it was his idea or Oklahoma's to part ways...............really don't know; kinda of like here..............was it his idea to transfer or was he urged to look around....??

I am sure Miles sat him down and let him know that he would not be playing much

I did...and deep down you agree.

I know you did. Some of us choose not to be an ass. Because a kid hasn't made progress in Div 1 doesn't mean he is horrid.

• Fire 3

Some kids hit their ceiling in high school. He was a bit of a project coming out of high school since he went to a small school in Oklahoma. I saw his HS film and thought he might be decent if he improved. If he transfers to another D1 school and ends up doing well then you can say it was on Miles. Till then he is just another young man who followed his dream and it didn't pan out. Best of luck to him.

• Fire 1

So, after being here four years, Miles has successfully compiled a roster that has no players taller than 6-8.

We may have the shortest team in Division 1.

Wouldn't be the first time

When else?

I believe Doc might have had one of the shortest teams one year, could be wrong though.

I believe we had the 5th shortest team one of the years he coached.