Black Woman Assaults White Man For Hairstyle; Not Charged With Any Crime

I had a similar impression as RDR when I watched the video. Body language & tone-wise, the dreads-dude seemed a bit combative/instigating. The kid's comment about safety at the end reinforces this view a bit. I don't condone what she did/said, but I am curious what transpired that lead to the video... From the article, it sounds like the police & university are at least handling this appropriately based on what is *known*.

I had a similar feeling. He certainly responded to her initially with some surprising vigor. Almost lashing back out at her. I too would like to know about what happened before that video.

Commando's got a point, too. She was pissed when she found out about the recording, which portends that the slimier people can turn around and claim someone was the aggressor if there's no video or witnesses.

It was in a public place, so that wouldn't happen. Just a heads up-- always have a witness :lol:

Can I get a witness?

I'm talkin' 'bout my baby

She's some kind of wonderful

• Fire 1

About all I learned from those 2 morons was further confirmation that I do not ever want to live in or around San Francisco and that dreds sometimes look sort of cool on a white guy.......this wasn't one of those times.

And for those of you calling it a hate "crime", lighten up Francis. Sure her response was bigoted, biased, prejudiced, hate fueled if you will, but there was no crime worth reporting. Yeah, she touched him......so what? Nobody got hurt. Last time I checked being an a-hole wasn't a crime (good thing for me ;) and lots of others too). If we're going to classify what happened in that video as a hate crime, well, I don't want to live in that world. Time to put on the big boy pants and move on with your life.

About all I learned from those 2 morons was further confirmation that I do not ever want to live in or around San Francisco and that dreds sometimes look sort of cool on a white guy.......this wasn't one of those times.

And for those of you calling it a hate "crime", lighten up Francis. Sure her response was bigoted, biased, prejudiced, hate fueled if you will, but there was no crime worth reporting. Yeah, she touched him......so what? Nobody got hurt. Last time I checked being an a-hole wasn't a crime (good thing for me ;) and lots of others too). If we're going to classify what happened in that video as a hate crime, well, I don't want to live in that world. Time to put on the big boy pants and move on with your life.

Sure you do. It's beautiful there. The people are awesome and not properly represented by these two. Yeah, you can find those people in abundance there, and yeah, it's a more liberal/free culture than the Great Plains or the Midwest, but they're actually really good people for the most part. And one day on the drive down the 280 will change your mind, big-time. It's the best commute I've ever done. I actually looked forward to driving home on that highway.

Clearly California isn't for everyone. But every place I've been to, from San Francisco to Tahoe to San Diego and a few points in between, I've loved. L.A.... not so much. :D

• Fire 1

Sure you do. It's beautiful there. The people are awesome and not properly represented by these two. Yeah, you can find those people in abundance there, and yeah, it's a more liberal/free culture than the Great Plains or the Midwest, but they're actually really good people for the most part. And one day on the drive down the 280 will change your mind, big-time. It's the best commute I've ever done. I actually looked forward to driving home on that highway.

Clearly California isn't for everyone. But every place I've been to, from San Francisco to Tahoe to San Diego and a few points in between, I've loved. L.A.... not so much. :D

Actually I really enjoyed the couple of days I spent there years ago. Mind you, we were doing the touristy things; Alcatraz, Golden Gate, wharf and Embarcadero areas, street cars, drove down the crookedest street, etc. But yeah, I think I would struggle with the extreme liberal and loon elements the area is known for. I sure wouldn't appreciate having someone like Pelosi as my senator/rep. I'm sure they have their share of nice normal people but it's a lot more fun to play up the reputation ;-)

I've been to Cali twice. First time I was there, I fell in love with the weather, mid June and I was outside all day and didn't sweat once. Been to San Francisco to visit the Rock, ride the train cars and to go to a Giants baseball game. Only spent 3 days in San Fran but don't remember much of the trip and wasn't of age to drink legally so can't say whether I liked it San Fran or not. My two uncles live in Paradise, CA and that was a nice little town. We did go to Lake Tahoe and got to experience that place. I remember Michael Jordan was golfing in some celebrity tournament so I was pretty excited that I might get to see him, sadly I never got anywhere close to course.

Second time was in San Diego and the weather was nice in May but got chilly at night. San Diego was ok but boy was it expensive. Saw my Cubs play the Padres and the ex wife wanted a hot dog and pop corn so I got up like any other husband would do to go get her what she wanted and missed Derek Lee hit a homerun haha.

Been to San Francisco to visit the Rock, ride the train cars and to go to a Giants baseball game.

I lived there for two years and didn't do any of these things. I worked 16-hour days and had very little time off.

I really feel for you Knapplc. For 2.5 years I traveled to SF for 1-2 weeks every 6-8 weeks. There are few places where working like that is such a crime but the Bay area is one of them. Most anything one could want is right there or very close. And the people aren't as bad as they seem... ;-) I'd trade all the Berkeley & SF "liberals" for the Boulder ones everyday & twice on Sundays...

Been to San Francisco to visit the Rock, ride the train cars and to go to a Giants baseball game.

I lived there for two years and didn't do any of these things. I worked 16-hour days and had very little time off.

I really feel for you Knapplc. For 2.5 years I traveled to SF for 1-2 weeks every 6-8 weeks. There are few places where working like that is such a crime but the Bay area is one of them. Most anything one could want is right there or very close. And the people aren't as bad as they seem... ;-) I'd trade all the Berkeley & SF "liberals" for the Boulder ones everyday & twice on Sundays...

I didn't make it over to Berkely, and really didn't even get to the East Bay at all, so if that's where they keep all the wackos then my experience may be skewed. I did get a weekend off a couple of times, went to Tahoe & wine country, and got to go to Pebble Beach for the Pro-Am, but that was really all I had time for. Even with all that great food out there, I didn't learn to cook until I came back to Nebraska and had evenings free.

I didn't make it over to Berkely, and really didn't even get to the East Bay at all, so if that's where they keep all the wackos then my experience may be skewed. I did get a weekend off a couple of times, went to Tahoe & wine country, and got to go to Pebble Beach for the Pro-Am, but that was really all I had time for. Even with all that great food out there, I didn't learn to cook until I came back to Nebraska and had evenings free.

That was my predicament as well ;)

There's a lot of interesting characters in No Cal but I think they have a bad wrap. It's a "come as you are" area but people generally gave each other their space even in public. I think the real wackos are either way up in the hills or down in LA. I went to Berkeley in a suit & tie and found you get what you give. I was polite & respectful and got it back in return, even looking like a corporate goon. Had a homeless looking college kid offer to buy me a beer/"oregano" after I avoided trampling on his "magic bag" he dropped... :P

• Fire 1

There's a lot of interesting characters in No Cal but I think they have a bad wrap. It's a "come as you are" area but people generally gave each other their space even in public. I think the real wackos are either way up in the hills or down in LA. I went to Berkeley in a suit & tie and found you get what you give. I was polite & respectful and got it back in return, even looking like a corporate goon. Had a homeless looking college kid offer to buy me a beer/"oregano" after I avoided trampling on his "magic bag" he dropped... :P

Definitely agree with this. And it's not just true in California, it's true everywhere. You're generally going to have a lot of friends and be pretty popular in Nebraska or in California if you're a good egg and treat people swell. You act like an asshat, you're eventually going to be treated like an asshat. It's not really a mystery.

California was good for teaching me that people who didn't look like me - whether they were impeccably dressed & spot-on in every way or looked like a homeless guy & stank horribly - were in fact pretty cool, if you took the time to get to know them.

One of my best friends out there was this amazing-looking guy, whose wife was stunning, who looked like a diamond next to a turd when we hung out (I, being the turd). The guy is gorgeous, dressed sharp, really charming & funny, and here I am a clod from BFE Nebraska with no fashion sense and nothing remotely close to "abs," and we had a great time together. When you put aside biases, people are just people.

Same with our designer guy. He was a slob, could barely dress himself, stank, was socially awkward, and mainly the kind of guy I would have passed on the street and judged poorly. But he was awesome, funny, beyond super smart, and we had a blast working together.

Gorgeous or ganky, people can be pretty awesome.

You get both in abundance in California, and especially in the Bay Area.

• Fire 1