Ranking the home schedule for best atmosphere in 2016

Husker Home Games: Fresno State, Wyoming, Oregon, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland

So, what is your ranking in terms of how the atmosphere will be for these games? It can be tough because the start times are not listed yet so that might be something to consider. Here is my list from worst to first.

7: Maryland: The only pro for this game is that it is the last home game of the year. Cons will be the weather, possible start time and they might be really bad.

6: Wyoming: I think there will be some of the "last time it was a close game" factor but for the most part I would imagine there will be a small amount of Wyoming fans and it will just be kind of "blah." Might be scorching hot too.

5: Illinois: This was a tough one, new coach, they beat NU last year, conference game, but I still don't think the atmosphere will be anything more than just a normal home game. Start time might really impact this one.

4: Minnesota: Conference game helps but I think some of the shine is off of this game. If this is 11am I think it falls a spot or two.

3: Purdue: Tough not to put this one first after last years epic battle when a totally depleted Husker team pulled together to almost upset the 2001 Big Ten Champs and Rose Bowl participants. The revenge factor will be huge, I except there will be 50 or maybe even 100 Purdue fans in town. Probably need to get tickets early and forget about getting a hotel room.

2: Fresno State: Home opener, enough said. Just hope it is not at 11am

1: Oregon: Lost just a bit of shine with Frost leaving but I have to imagine this will be a national game and/or night game. I think a lot of fans from Orgeon will be in town and the city and stadium will be ROCKING.

• Fire 1

1: Oregon: Lost just a bit of shine with Frost leaving but I have to imagine this will be a national game and/or night game. I think a lot of fans from Orgeon will be in town and the city and stadium will be ROCKING.

There are some good games that day and I assume the Ohio State vs Oklahoma game will be the national ESPN/ABC game of the week. The week also has Michigan St vs ND and Alabama vs Ole Miss.

There are some good games that day and I assume the Ohio State vs Oklahoma game will be the national ESPN/ABC game of the week. The week also has Michigan St vs ND and Alabama vs Ole Miss.

And of course I have Fing family that planned their wedding that day.

Husker Home Games: Fresno State, Wyoming, Oregon, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota, Maryland

So, what is your ranking in terms of how the atmosphere will be for these games? It can be tough because the start times are not listed yet so that might be something to consider. Here is my list from worst to first.

7: Maryland: The only pro for this game is that it is the last home game of the year. Cons will be the weather, possible start time and they might be really bad.

6: Wyoming: I think there will be some of the "last time it was a close game" factor but for the most part I would imagine there will be a small amount of Wyoming fans and it will just be kind of "blah." Might be scorching hot too.

5: Illinois: This was a tough one, new coach, they beat NU last year, conference game, but I still don't think the atmosphere will be anything more than just a normal home game. Start time might really impact this one.

4: Minnesota: Conference game helps but I think some of the shine is off of this game. If this is 11am I think it falls a spot or two.

3: Purdue: Tough not to put this one first after last years epic battle when a totally depleted Husker team pulled together to almost upset the 2001 Big Ten Champs and Rose Bowl participants. The revenge factor will be huge, I except there will be 50 or maybe even 100 Purdue fans in town. Probably need to get tickets early and forget about getting a hotel room.

2: Fresno State: Home opener, enough said. Just hope it is not at 11am

That's actually a pretty crappy home schedule. ^_^

• Fire 3

Im surprised that those posting an order have Purdue ahead of Illinois. We lost to both last year, Ill loss was in a more crushing fashion IMO, Ill is traditionally a better program, Lovie Smith factor, and B1G home opener.

Illinois was a win until the last minute of the game. Purdue led us the whole time and made us look stupid.

• Fire 1

The more I look at the home schedule the more I think how lame it is!

Possible 11am games: Purdue, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota and Wyoming.

I don't think that Fresno will be just because it is the opener. I think Oregon COULD be because that would give it the national spot at 11am, like UCLA a few years ago.

BRB...when I was looking at it I was thinking the same exact thing. I can see a lot of 11am games!

You got something against morning drinking?

Heck no!

I just feel rushed when the game is at 11am if I am going to Lincoln. The bars don't seem to open until 9am even for 11am games. So, you leave Omaha at 8-830 and get to Lincoln between 9-10am. It feels like there is no time to walk around and hit up multiple places. As ColoradoHusker will tell you, I have bar ADD

It looks like I'll finally be able to get to my first Husker home game this season. The only real options I have to fly out are for Minnesota or Maryland. I am pumped regardless, so the opponent doesn't matter as much. But I would love to check out the tailgating scene. For an out of towner, should I try to go to bars or find a tailgate beforehand?