Listening to Bennings Description of His Interview with Langs

What if Osborne and Husker players from the "National Championship 90s" thought Alabama represented a healthy approach to designing a dynasty? Oh wait! They do!!! Get good players and punch the other team in the mouth until they quit.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/01/whos_better_1990s_nebraska_or.html

Losses hurt, we all want to win every game...every year, some people just want to argue.

"Mrs"?

Attempting to insult someone by implying they are female? Is it time to play the sexism/misogyny cards already?

LOL are you a misogynist? Your post is logically bipolar. Maybe you are a woman full of empathy and intuition but no logic? /sarcasticsexisthumor

It doesn't matter. Coaches can do whatever they want. But if the goal is to win championships, maybe you should copy the winning blueprint.

And coppying the Alabama blue print wouldn't be a winning formula?

Um, lol

Not for a program in Lincoln Nebraska. No.

So you are seriously sticking with the whole "only specific systems work in Lincoln" theory?

This is why people don't take you seriously.

I have a very hard time taking anyone serious who says the only system (talking football) that will work in Lincoln is Tom Osborne's offense. I always get confused on which one of his offenses they mean. Was it his pro style offense from 69 and through the 70s? Or is it the option heavy offense we ran in the 80s? Maybe its the power run mixed with the option that he ran in the 90s?

sorry duplicate

Nebraska's not unique in most ways. Maybe I should expand that statement and say I don't think it works almost anywhere in CFB.

It's funny because "doing a lot of things well" and "exploiting what the defense gives you" are actually the hallmarks of virtually every successful team in CFB, and for that matter every good team in any sport.

Guys, you don't get it. TO spent 30 years perfecting his system because geography and nature dictated what system he ran. And he never once changed that system based on what an opponent did, no way!

He changed is playcalling in reaction to what opponents did all of the time (mentioned an example of that when he exploited MInnesota's attempt to blitz and disrupt the O).

He just didn't install whole packages for certain players or to be used against only certain opponents. He had a system and he fit his guys into it.

• Fire 2

Nebraska's not unique in most ways. Maybe I should expand that statement and say I don't think it works almost anywhere in CFB.

It's funny because "doing a lot of things well" and "exploiting what the defense gives you" are actually the hallmarks of virtually every successful team in CFB, and for that matter every good team in any sport.

Yeah, I love when the Warriors go big with their lineup to exploit opponent's big men weaknesses.

• Fire 2

Basically CM doesn't like MR or DL offensive philosophy. He should just admit that and leave it at that and stop trying to justify what they are trying to do as wrong.

I think after last season that MR and DL realize they need to run the ball more and need to truely commit to running the ball. A simple seft scouting/evaluation of last season would show them that when they went very pass heavy they didn't win. Something less than 30 passes a game is probably where they want to be. The days of throwing the ball 15x a game and running it 65x are not coming back to Nebraska.

To say that TO and Nebraska didn't tweek the offensive game plan each week or that they didn't design specific plays for certain teams is frankly quite ignorant. The fullback traps that NU ran against Miami in the 94' OB were actually new plays designed to take advantage of the particular alignment that Miami was running. The QB powers that SF was running against Washington were new plays. Now were they built around what NU likedto do and did well, yes they were/.

Admit that? I've proclaimed it.

Let me know of examples where TO implemented a package for one receiver and a different package for another receiver and then put it on his QB to learn all of those permeations.

Let me know if you can identify the "core plays" that Langs runs and builds his offense around.

Taking advantage of alignments and adjusting blocking assignments is much different than what was described re: installing new packages based on what Norv Turner and Kiffen do.

Admit that? I've proclaimed it.

Let me know of examples where TO implemented a package for one receiver and a different package for another receiver and then put it on his QB to learn all of those permeations.

Let me know if you can identify the "core plays" that Langs runs and builds his offense around.

Taking advantage of alignments and adjusting blocking assignments is much different than what was described re: installing new packages based on what Norv Turner and Kiffen do.

Hey CM, why do you dislike Mike Riley so much?