Listening to Bennings Description of His Interview with Langs

Objectively speaking, how is this class shaping up better than some other classes, like the '11 class?

I follow recruiting; I just don't follow the hype.

2011 player rating 88.32

2017 player rating 88.53 (after Avery commits)

So yeah, about the same as it ever was.

And that average is more likely to fall than to rise as the year goes on.

• Fire 2

Objectively speaking, how is this class shaping up better than some other classes, like the '11 class?

Nobody is asking you to jump on the hype train, but spinning conspiracy theories isn't exactly the expected reaction to good news on the trail.

Because I don't like Clausen's tactics as a public HS coach, I'm spinning conspiracy theories?

Sounds more like you're paranoid.

Not paranoid at all, just think it would be swell if you didn't feel the need to pee in the camp fire.

2011 player rating 88.32

Well, seeing as we only have like 4 commits right now....

2011 player rating 88.32

:facepalm:

Life around you must just be miserable.

• Fire 1

2011 player rating 88.32

Correct, which tends to mean the average will be higher early. Because a lot of teams, as they fill out their classes, will tend to add more players falling below an early average that is based on kids who the coaches were willing to allow to commit super early.

• Fire 1

2011 player rating 88.32

Correct, which tends to mean the average will be higher early. Because a lot of teams, as they fill out their classes, will tend to add more players falling below an early average that is based on kids who the coaches were willing to allow to commit super early.

If you actually followed Husker recruiting, you would know that we are in on some very good talent that would actually raise our rating from here.

But.....I'm not expecting you to actually accept that because to you, right now everything with Husker football is bad and must be demoralized.

2011 player rating 88.32

It's a reality of how the trending tends to work, because coaches allow their top prospects (who happen to also usually be the highest rated), commit early.

It's not pessimistic or miserable. It's how it tends to go for most schools, including NU over the years.

This thread is straying from Lang's approach to offense, but we can certainly have a discussion about how stupid it is to pretend that a .10 difference in a rating is actually significant for anything other than driving recruitnik website hits.

• Fire 3

2011 player rating 88.32

If you actually followed Husker recruiting, you would know that we are in on some very good talent that would actually raise our rating from here.

But.....I'm not expecting you to actually accept that because to you, right now everything with Husker football is bad and must be demoralized.

Ever year around this time all teams are in on some very good talent who can raise their ratings.

It's spring time. I get it.

• Fire 4

2011 player rating 88.32

Ever year around this time all teams are in on some very good talent who can raise their ratings.

It's spring time. I get it.

No, you don't get it. That's the problem.

2011 player rating 88.32

It's a reality of how the trending tends to work, because coaches allow their top prospects (who happen to also usually be the highest rated), commit early.

It's not pessimistic or miserable. It's how it tends to go for most schools, including NU over the years.

This thread is straying from Lang's approach to offense, but we can certainly have a discussion about how stupid it is to pretend that a .10 difference in a rating is actually significant for anything other than driving recruitnik website hits.

No...it's not. When a program has even some 5* players that are looking at them seriously that could definitely raise their ratings, your comment has absolutely no bearing on anything other than to tear down once again good things that are happening in the program....

And.....your comments ironically come to this board on this subject almost at the same time we get a commitment from a guy that....guess what....raised our ratings.

• Fire 2

I'll be surprised and a little disappointed if we don't finish considerably higher than 17th with this class.

Funny enough, that class was probably the best pre-May start the last staff had. We're off to a much better start this year, in my opinion.

• Fire 1

2011 player rating 88.32

Not same as it ever was, same as the 2011 class. The 12, 13, 14 (especially), 15, and 16 classes were lower ranked. We should hope to be at the 11/17 level every year. And then let's hope in a few years that the 17 class doesn't flame out like the 11 class.