Andrew White declares for NBA Draft - Will Return to School

I true big would most certainly help, but we have more problems than just missing a big. White, imo, will be gone!

next year will be the worst year for Miles, and as such, should be replaced. He has been, and continues to be, < .600 coach.

It won't be his worst year and he won't be gone......

it will be his worst year at NU. Who won't be gone, White or Miles? If you meant Miles, I agree he won't be gone, but should be (which is what i said). It does not take this long to turn a basketball program around.

• Fire 1

I true big would most certainly help, but we have more problems than just missing a big. White, imo, will be gone!

next year will be the worst year for Miles, and as such, should be replaced. He has been, and continues to be, < .600 coach.

it will be his worst year at NU. Who won't be gone, White or Miles? If you meant Miles, I agree he won't be gone, but should be (which is what i said). It does not take this long to turn a basketball program around.

You asserted that Miles would be gone and next year would be his worst.

I am simply disagreeing with that.

Sometimes extenuating circumstances dictate results (here I am differentiating "excuses" from circumstances); excuses can be made generally but circumstances tend to be more specific.

Circumstances worked FOR Miles in his 2nd year when the schedule, the timing and the momentum arrived simultaneously and afforded the opportunity to make a run; conversely last season's injury to Shavon happened precisely at the worst time to stifle a growing and momentum -searching team.

I think a lot of the worry over next year is a follow up to how this year finished up (VERY similar to the previous year heading into 2015).

I also believe the growing collection of talent is a much stronger base to build from than Miles has ever had.

Having said that, it is still mind-boggling that we cannot seem to close on a BIG !

Regardless, our differing opinions will have no influence on SE or on the record, so I chose to believe that things will continue to get better.

You asserted that Miles would be gone and next year would be his worst.

I am simply disagreeing with that.

Sometimes extenuating circumstances dictate results (here I am differentiating "excuses" from circumstances); excuses can be made generally but circumstances tend to be more specific.

Circumstances worked FOR Miles in his 2nd year when the schedule, the timing and the momentum arrived simultaneously and afforded the opportunity to make a run; conversely last season's injury to Shavon happened precisely at the worst time to stifle a growing and momentum -searching team.

I think a lot of the worry over next year is a follow up to how this year finished up (VERY similar to the previous year heading into 2015).

I also believe the growing collection of talent is a much stronger base to build from than Miles has ever had.

Having said that, it is still mind-boggling that we cannot seem to close on a BIG !

Regardless, our differing opinions will have no influence on SE or on the record, so I chose to believe that things will continue to get better.

Actually, what I said was "next year will be the worst year for Miles, and as such, should be replaced. He has been, and continues to be, < .600 coach."

it is my opinion next year will be his worst, and as such, he SHOULD be fired.

• Fire 1

Because he has a degree I would think that he might be more willing to leave. Maybe hook up with an NBA team or D-league or possibly overseas. He has little to accomplish here.

Disagree.

Learn what teams want you to improve on. Work on that and show improvement on your game tape.

Not to mention coming back and helping the Huskers to the top half of the B1G... people will take notice and AW would get more hype.

Ask Petteway how that went when he helped lead us to the tourney.

Because he has a degree I would think that he might be more willing to leave. Maybe hook up with an NBA team or D-league or possibly overseas. He has little to accomplish here.

Disagree.

Learn what teams want you to improve on. Work on that and show improvement on your game tape.

Not to mention coming back and helping the Huskers to the top half of the B1G... people will take notice and AW would get more hype.

Ask Petteway how that went when he helped lead us to the tourney.

He came back...they had a horrible year...he was touted as a bit of a head case and didn't get drafted.

White was a top 50 RCSI guy...Unless he bumps his 3 point shooting to about 50% there is not much he can work on.