JUCO DT Malik Young

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Malik Young
Hometown: Thatcher, Arizona
School: Eastern Arizona C.C.
Position: Defensive Tackle
Height: 6-3
Weight: 280
40 time:
Offers: Arizona, Colorado State, Louisville, Middle Tennessee State, Nebraska, San Diego State, Syracuse, UNLV, Utah State
Visits:

Twitter

247 Composite: #67 Overall JUCO; #12 JUCO DT; .8308; :star :star :star

Rivals: :star :star :star
247: #27 Overall JUCO; #5 JUCO DT; :star :star :star
Scout: :star :star
ESPN:

Hudl

Who's got the better JuCO DT Film? Johnson or Young? If you have to pick one and can't take both which do you take?

Johnson may be a 3-2 and is coming off a recent ACL. Young could play immediately but is a 2-2

Pre injury, I'd choose Johnson. But the injury is a wildcard, nice to see the coaches building options.
  • 5 months later...

Don't know why they would take a JUCO DT with two commits already and the possibility of getting Damion Daniels.

I can't find Mav's scholarship breakdown (pin it Mav?) but if we redshirt everyone coming in, combined with last year's complete miss, we got Mick, the Davis Twins and Natter for the season next year. Am I missing anyone? I don't like that depth.

Don't know why they would take a JUCO DT with two commits already and the possibility of getting Damion Daniels.

I can't find Mav's scholarship breakdown (pin it Mav?) but if we redshirt everyone coming in, combined with last year's complete miss, we got Mick, the Davis Twins and Natter for the season next year. Am I missing anyone? I don't like that depth.

Nater is a DE, you are missing Peyton Newell and after him whatever walk-ons we have. Rath is a senior, so he will be gone too, unless I am missing something on him?

Regarding Young, he is probably the third or fourth option on our board behind Daniels and Shelvin.

Nater is a DE, you are missing Peyton Newell and after him whatever walk-ons we have. Rath is a senior, so he will be gone too, unless I am missing something on him?

Regarding Young, he is probably the third or fourth option on our board behind Daniels and Shelvin.

Yeah, I think he meant Newell instead of Natter. Not sure how much Rath has played; I don't remember seeing him a lot. So we're really only losing Maurice.

Next year:

No Seniors

Jrs - Newell, Stoltenberg

Sophs - Davis, Davis

2017 Commits - Thomas, Watts

Here's my list