The General Election

Still don't care for the guy though.

lol me either. Ever since I saw an ad of his daughters crying about how horrible Obamacare was and how their daddy's going to fix it. Don't know his stance on climate change but I'm guessing he doesn't think it exists.

Yeah, that's really the thing. If we didn't have one party that has wrapped themselves in layers of anti-science, all the more neatly that they might fit in the back pockets of industry, perhaps we can have some fruitful debates on where to go in other areas.

But the GOP is out to torpedo our already tepid climate efforts. And that I find unacceptable.

As a reminder, on this topic, an open letter with one hell of a list of signatories: http://responsiblescientists.org/

The political system also has tipping points. Thus it is of great concern that the Republican nominee for President has advocated U.S. withdrawal from the Paris Accord. A “Parexit” would send a clear signal to the rest of the world: "The United States does not care about the global problem of human-caused climate change. You are on your own." Such a decision would make it far more difficult to develop effective global strategies for mitigating and adapting to climate change. The consequences of opting out of the global community would be severe and long-lasting – for our planet’s climate and for the international credibility of the United States.

The United States can and must be a major player in developing innovative solutions to the problem of reducing emissions of greenhouse gases. Nations that find innovative ways of decarbonizing energy systems and sequestering CO2 will be the economic leaders of the 21st century. Walking away from Paris makes it less likely that the U.S. will have a global leadership role, politically, economically, or morally. We cannot afford to cross that tipping point.

"But these politicians are more concerned with securing their contribution from coal magnates. As ThinkProgress points out, on average, Senate deniers took $721,858 from coal, oil, and gas industries while other Senators took $180,876. House deniers took an average of $272,536 from those industries while other members took $80,095."

I certainly have a lot of catching up to do here in this forum since the leaked tapes broke Friday. I've been at my son's swim meet all weekend. First off, regarding Trump's 2005 tape, it's disgusting and I agree with all the criticism for what he said. Those are not appropriate words to ever use, and I'm sure there is more where that has come from as he has not been running for POTUS his entire life and probably never thought twice about what words might come back to haunt him. As for the fallout from his comments, I would not expect any Democrat or individual that voted for Bill Clinton to have any concerns with Trump's words given Clinton's actions have been far worse.

Regarding the press conference that Trump just gave an hour ago with 3 of the women that Bill assaulted and Hillary trashed, and the 4th that was raped at age 12 and Hillary was the attorney that was successful in freeing her rapist, I really wish this election did not come down to these types of issues, but I think it's appropriate for the Trump campaign to dig into this dirt given what HIllary's campaign has been focused on for the past couple months. Trump has tried to focus on policies as he has the winning message this campaign, but Hillary does not want to talk about issues.

I also think that, given the media's intense desire to focus on the Trump audio, little time has been spent on all the leaked emails showing Hillary's policy views which are not good for her. We'll see if they get any scrutiny in the coming week.