The General Election

Whatever you might think about Michael Moore, the theories he puts forth below have been circulating among insiders from the very beginning.

It makes more sense than most conspiracy theories. Especially since it's not a conspiracy as much as an out-of-control trajectory:

http://michaelmoore.com/TrumpSabotage/

So, basically, this season's South Park storyline?

Also, evangelical Christians who lined up for Trump — including Ralph Reed — just lost the right to question anyone else's moral character.

Moral character no longer matters, and the latest tape should never have been the deciding factor.

Go ahead and vote for pro-life candidates and be honest about it. But you can't talk about moral character in elections anymore.

Was it worth it?

• Fire 3

Whatever you might think about Michael Moore, the theories he puts forth below have been circulating among insiders from the very beginning.

It makes more sense than most conspiracy theories. Especially since it's not a conspiracy as much as an out-of-control trajectory:

So, basically, this season's South Park storyline?

Pretty much.

If only they had brought back that talking turd.

Given the amount of disdain Trump appears to have for political norms, it wouldn't shock me if he pulled a massive stunt -- like withdrawing in three weeks -- rather than go through an election he knows he will lose.

Never should have been nominated. This is a ridiculous situation.

• Fire 3

I despise that man but....this isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.

• Fire 1

It's really not that much of a conspiracy theory, even. Michael Moore will frame it that way because he deals in them and he'd also like to promote his own brand.

But we know Trump has no particular adherence to Republican orthodoxy. We know he likes winning, and the Trump brand, and that his entire campaign has been a stream of aggressive bluster aimed at insisting his brand was Great™.

Does he really respect this process enough to quietly concede? Does he really value America enough to spare its political institutions from chaos, or would he see a chaotic withdrawal as simply a useful way to keep his alpha dog status amid defeat? We should at least expect that with him, all options are on the table.

Given the amount of disdain Trump appears to have for political norms, it wouldn't shock me if he pulled a massive stunt -- like withdrawing in three weeks -- rather than go through an election he knows he will lose.

I would not be surprised if Trump takes his ball and goes home when it becomes clear he won't win.

Trump ally Alex Jones thinks Clinton and Obama are literally demons from Hell.

All this would be hilarious if Jones wasn’t, in some way, an actual player in Donald Trump’s informational ecosystem

But he is.

This is the kind of thing that I just get so frustrated about. The Republicans have become so good at this. So.....you disagree with her policies and...yes....we have proof she is a total bitch and that she enabled her sexual predator husband.

But, they just can't let it go with that. They have to go to the full out wacko extreme that's to the point of total absurdity. Sad thing is....one hell of a lot of people believe this crap and this is when things get extremely emotional and nasty.

And, it's not necessarily the candidates or the political party leaders. It always seems like it's these ancillary people around the party that says these things and people latch onto it.

It's depressing to me that the wealthy can use "charitable tax deductions" for pet projects (like football renovations) as a way to pass the tax bill on to less wealthy people.

Charitable donations or not, it's sort of ridiculous that Buffett paid a 15% effective rate.

A more sound approach would be to lower income taxes on everyone, but do away with the charitable deduction (and a host of others).

• Fire 1

I would not be surprised if Trump takes his ball and goes home when it becomes clear he won't win.

The other possibility here, I think, is that Trump will threaten not to concede but make himself out as a hero for eventually doing so.

The other possibility here, I think, is that Trump will threaten not to concede but make himself out as a hero for eventually doing so.

I can see that too.