The General Election

Bill/Hillary seems remarkably paralleled by Francis and Claire in House of Cards imo. I'd guess she stuck around because it was politically expedient to do so, and they have a healthy functioning 'parternship' that is mutually beneficial towards power/wealth/success/etc.

You think maybe there's a reason for that?

• Fire 2

Yeah, that analogy makes an appearance in the Slate article:

Hillary was a betrayed woman who nevertheless fought to salvage a marriage and political project she believed in. Perhaps she shouldn’t have. But the Times editorial casts her as an icy schemer stage-managing her hapless husband’s misdeeds. It turns her from The Good Wife’s Alicia Florrick into House of Cards’ Claire Underwood, from victim to villainess.

Yeah, that analogy makes an appearance in the Slate article:

Hillary was a betrayed woman who nevertheless fought to salvage a marriage and political project she believed in. Perhaps she shouldn’t have. But the Times editorial casts her as an icy schemer stage-managing her hapless husband’s misdeeds. It turns her from The Good Wife’s Alicia Florrick into House of Cards’ Claire Underwood, from victim to villainess.

I'm tellin' ya, women never get a break.

If you're a victim everybody feels sorry for you and feels that you're pathetic (or worse, that something at home forced him to seek attention outside the marriage - and don't act like you didn't hear that "well you can't blame Bill, with that cold fish of a wife at home, why wouldn't he hook up with someone?), if you stay with him you're weak, if you start doing stuff for yourself and speak up you're a b$tch. None of the double standards with men.

• Fire 3

There are lots of different types of enabling and some of those don't mean you are responsible for what is happening. But...more....you are allowing it to happen.

Hillary knew it was happening. She stayed with him and did what she had to do to keep it as private as possible from the public. Then, when it did become public, she attacked the women and made excuses for her husband making him look like the victim. Right there is classic enabling.

Joe Paterno wasn't the one making Sandusky assualt those kids. He wasn't the cause of it. But, he knew it happened and didn't do what was necessary to stop it so....he enabled Sandusky to do what he did for so long.

And...you can be a victim as a wife of a cheater and still enable your husband to do what he is doing.

This seems like the scene in Jurassic Park where the professor and the little girl are scrambling down the tree to dodge the falling vehicle, it crashes down & when the dust settles she says, "Well... here we are... back in the car."https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/785822315804233728

You have totally ruined that scene. First off he has a doctorate in paleontology, we don't know if he is a professor. Second; he rescues Tim from the vehicle in the tree, not his sister Lex.

Also; Well, at least you're out of the tree...

• Fire 2

That analogy...oof. Paterno could have fired Sandusky, his employee, and referred a clearly criminal matter to the proper authorities.

Hillary could have, what? She defended her husband because he was her husband, and she believed him. He was a liar, who tried his best to conceal everything from his wife. There was nothing that Hillary could have done to stop Bill from being Bill.

As far as putting stock in Trump's allegations enough to repeat them as fact: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-viciously-attack/

Interesting - more dirt but it probably won't come out.

http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/10/10/13220296/donald-trump-apprentice-footage-mark-burnett

I just cruised through that article so forgive me if I missed something, but all I got out of it was "Here's Mark Burnett. We don't know if he has any dirt on Donald Trump, but he might."

I saw a quote from a producer who worked there during season 1 & 2 and he said, there is stuff, and it's bad but with a big threat (*$5mil for leaksl) he doesn't know if we'll ever see anything.

Thanks NM for responding. I agree - it is what others are saying who were a part of the production team.

That analogy...oof. Paterno could have fired Sandusky, his employee, and referred a clearly criminal matter to the proper authorities.

Hillary could have, what? She defended her husband because he was her husband, and she believed him. He was a liar, who tried his best to conceal everything from his wife. There was nothing that Hillary could have done to stop Bill from being Bill.

As far as putting stock in Trump's allegations enough to repeat them as fact: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/oct/10/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-hillary-clinton-viciously-attack/

I agree. I don't think she believed he raped anyone

I agree. I don't think she believed he raped anyone

The real irony of all of this is that Trump supported Bill in all of this and said very similar things as Hillary did in public about the accusers.

Now....he's trying to act all righteous about the entire issue?

Jackass.

• Fire 2

http://www.vox.com/culture/2016/10/10/13220296/donald-trump-apprentice-footage-mark-burnett

I just cruised through that article so forgive me if I missed something, but all I got out of it was "Here's Mark Burnett. We don't know if he has any dirt on Donald Trump, but he might."

I saw a quote from a producer who worked there during season 1 & 2 and he said, there is stuff, and it's bad but with a big threat (*$5mil for leaksl) he doesn't know if we'll ever see anything.

Thanks NM for responding. I agree - it is what others are saying who were a part of the production team.

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if there were more. However, I think it's a good idea to see specifically what, if anything, comes out. Until then it's just speculation, and much as I don't like Trump, he deserves to be held accountable for what we know, not what we suspect.

• Fire 1

I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me if there were more. However, I think it's a good idea to see specifically what, if anything, comes out. Until then it's just speculation, and much as I don't like Trump, he deserves to be held accountable for what we know, not what we suspect.

The rumor is that Trump dropped an N-bomb on tape. No idea if that's true (obviosly) but that's what I've seen.

:thumbs Right on

Trump’s idea for a “sneak attack” on ISIS in Mosul isn’t actually possible

I mean, my goodness, this man is campaigning to be Commander-in-Chief.

He's tried to mask his policy deficiencies in various ways. The most patently ludicrous of them all has to be, "I have an ISIS plan, it's so great, but I can't tell anybody." Not only did he double down on this before a national audience in the second debate, he proceeded to demonstrate how utterly little he knew about how the military works. He doesn't know the situation on the ground. He asked the kind of question a 5th grader would ask about but why can't we? -- only a 5th grader might actually have interest in the answer. He does not.

He has no idea. None. And he still has people endorsing him. Enthusiastically.

Debate transcript: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/09/everything-that-was-said-at-the-second-donald-trump-vs-hillary-clinton-debate-highlighted/