The General Election

I've read a few things from The Hill but don't have a lot of context for what it is. They're...a fairly reputable paper, right?

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300445-exclusive-trump-campaign-ceo-wanted-to-destroy-ryan#.V_1FoXRqh10.twitter

^I post this not to try and shame an organization for internal dialogue, which would probably embarrass almost anyone if it went out unfiltered. But some of this is extraordinary:

First, this guy was the chairman. And while we know a lot about Breitbart already, this is not a good look for a "news" organization:

On editorial conference calls, the Breitbart chairman would often say “Paul Ryan is the enemy,” according to a source who worked with Bannon at the news organization.

And second, this guy is now in charge of Donald Trump's campaign. And so stuff like this, even if not new or stunning, is illuminating:

Bannon views Ryan as a leader of an elite globalist cabal determined to sell out America by opening its borders on immigration and trade.

“Bannon has Alex Jones-level paranoia about Paul Ryan,” the source said, referring to the right-wing radio host and conspiracy theorist who runs the pro-Trump website Infowars.

“He goes on these amazing rants,” the source added of Bannon. “He thinks Paul Ryan is part of a conspiracy with George Soros and Paul Singer, in which elitists want to bring one world government.”

This really explains Trump's war against Paul Ryan in a nutshell (Trump is a nut) . When insanity is your advisor, then insanity takes over - he starts a war of words wt the very people he needs to secure votes. He is so insecure, self-centered that he cannot stay on message not for himself or the millions of voters that he is suppose to represent. I cannot imagine the carnage he would create as president being this so undisciplined.

• Fire 1

I'm calling it now. McMullin wins Utah and its 6 electorate votes.

New Utah poll

Trump 26%

Clinton 26%

McMullin 22%

Johnson 14%

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all

bold man!

According to the link, he's a BYU grad. And only 52% of voters surveyed are familiar with his name to offer an opinion on him. Get his name recognition up in Utah and he wins.

I'm calling it now. McMullin wins Utah and its 6 electorate votes.

New Utah poll

Trump 26%

Clinton 26%

McMullin 22%

Johnson 14%

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865664606/Poll-Trump-falls-into-tie-with-Clinton-among-Utah-voters.html?pg=all

More importantly this really shows how bad the Trump defeat will be. If he cannot win Utah - heavily conservative, heavily Republican state that it is, there is no way he'll win any of the battleground states. His defeat may not be as bad as Reagan over Mondale, but it will be epic. Unfortunately, Hillary's supporters will claim a mandate when in fact she just defeated the worse possible candidate ever.

Honestly, I didn't think Trump had any significant chance of winning as soon as it was clear he'd get the nomination.

I'm not saying that it was plain to see that this exact kind of a meltdown would occur four months ago...but it wasn't hard to see that it would at least be in this basic area code. It's entertaining on a really saddening level.

I go from being entertained to extremely concerned about what is going to happen when he loses.

Oh really? What do you envision will happen?

Well....he has already hinted at not conceding. He has laid the ground work to convince his cult followers that everything is rigged and he would win if it wasn't. People at rallies and on line are starting to talk about revolutions and violence. These same people are convinced that Hillary is going to come take their guns away.

You can get a pretty good picture of what is possible.

Wow. And what's even more "wow" is that this will just get lost in the cloud of the rest of Trump's behavior:

Trump, who owned the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA pageants from 1996 until last year, has publicly bragged about invading beauty queen dressing rooms, calling it one of his prerogatives of ownership.

“I’ll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show and everyone’s getting dressed,” Trump told Howard Stern in recordings released Saturday by CNN. “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it. … ‘Is everyone OK?’ You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Until now it was never alleged that this behavior extended to the teen pageant, in which contestants can be as old as 19 or as young as 14.

@RedFive -- McMullin doesn't even register in 538's data on Utah. How come?
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/utah/

They've got 49.2 Trump - 37.0 Clinton - 11.7 Johnson at present.

@knapp -- This is kind of incredible. Usually this sort of thing is a bombshell dropped by the accusers. Here, they're just confirming Trump's own claims. Also, the age range! For goodness sake. :bang

Really depressing to me, last night I got into a conversation with someone where they basically said, "When you're a billionaire, they want it." No. :bang

• Fire 1