The General Election

Funny. In Trump's final meltdown, he's speaking a lot of truth.

I wouldn't want the Republican Leadership in my foxhole, either. They have been cowardly blame-shifters for several years now, and it was their vision-free obstructionism that led voters to an outsider like Trump. They've jumped on and off the ship too many times. These more "sensible" Republicans are not my allies in opposing Trump. They deserve to go down with the ship.

And for Trump's information, he's been unshackled this whole time. Unshackled is what got him here, for better or worse. The only victory he can claim is the total cowing and subservience of the RNC, which is actually a pretty impressive show of power.

Trump's also probably right that McCain has the dirtiest mouth in the Senate. I don't much care about the naughty words politicians utter in private. There were so many good reasons to oppose Trump before the tape came out that "grab em by the pu&&y" should be a mere coda instead of a death blow.

Or at least a rap mashup, which I'm certain has already happened.

• Fire 1

CuhV43eUsAEdxkX.jpg

Yep...they sure have that angry old white male vote locked up.

Trump's one hell of a status quo candidate, in a way. Electing aggressive men with fiery, strength-projecting rhetoric is perhaps the least revolutionary thing ever.

--

Some in G.O.P. Who Deserted Donald Trump Over Video Are Returning (NYT)

Take a bow, Nebraska Senator Deb Fischer.

“Like most Nebraskans, I am fully committed to defeating Hillary Clinton,” Ms. Fischer told a Nebraska radio station. “I support the Republican ticket. and I plan to vote for Mr. Trump and Mr. Pence on November 8th.”

Ms. Fischer reiterated that she found Mr. Trump’s remarks unacceptable, but added, “I never said that I wasn’t voting for our Republican ticket.”

• Fire 1

She called on him to drop out of the race on Saturday.

I think it's fairly noteworthy how hollow a number of those "disavowals" have turned out to be. I suppose it's our own fault for reading anything into someone who didn't explicitly say they were withdrawing their endorsement and refusing to vote for Trump, but I did think those calls to step aside were pretty solid.

She called on him to drop out of the race on Saturday.

I think it's fairly noteworthy how hollow a number of those "disavowals" have turned out to be. I suppose it's our own fault for reading anything into someone who didn't explicitly say they were withdrawing their endorsement and refusing to vote for Trump, but I did think those calls to step aside were pretty solid.

Oh, sorry. Didn't know that.

I change my response. :)

Seriously. Take everything Donald Trump said or did up until last Friday.

If you didn't disavow him then, you are far too late to be offended.

This is political cover for a disaster 18 months in the making.

But I'm far too depressed to gloat. It will always be shocking how many votes Donald Trump receives this November.

• Fire 3

New York, California and Washington return a hugely disproportionate amount of income to the U.S. economy. New York as a global financial center, and California & Washington as global patent holders, tech giants and VC incubators. The venture capital in Silicon Valley alone is bigger than most countries.

Conservative messaging has tried to divide America into makers and takers. Turns out blue states do more of the making. Red states do more of the taking. It's not entirely that simple, of course, but a small-government, pro-business America built on the Kansas or Wisconsin model creates the very opposite of growth.

well....I call BS on at least some of that.

New York as s financial market would not exist if it weren't for the rest of the country.

They don't get to claim production from a publicly traded company in Nebraska just because they handle they money.

Same can be said about California and Washington. Part of why they are bigger is because they have major ports. They get that business in large part because we out here produce or purchase something.

Now, those states do have large populations and do they are automatically going to produce more than a state like North Dakota.

None of that has to do with red or blue.

I also know lots of companies have wanted out of both CA and NY as fast as they could die to taxes.