The General Election

Remember the "Obama apology tour?"

Funny story....

OMFG!!!!!!!

That is priceless.

So....now.....we have evangelicals supporting a molester who has cheated on at least 3 wives. We also have right wingers who ranted and raved about how horrible Obama was for his "apology tour" and now we have Trump doing the same thing.

Damn this election is fun to watch......when you can so blatantly see people totally brainwashed.

Trust me.....it's not nearly as much fun for us conservatives watching our movement implode and seeing many of the people we respected sell out so easily.

The list of people I will never listen to again and the list of people I will never vote for in a future Republican primary have gotten quite long.

What people are you specifically talking about? There have been some people during this that I also have realized I will never support again. It's possible we are talking about different people.

No, no he doesn't. Unless he has recordings of every second in his Florida house from 2005. Or video of the elevator incident. And there is absolutely no way to prove he didn't walk into those locker rooms unless the locker rooms were illegally recorded.

Or he has recordings of those women saying they're lying. There's no way he has any of this. He's lied about literally everything else he's ever said or "changed his mind."

The appropriate time is after he's elected president I'm sure.

• Fire 2

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/agents-fbi-doj-disgusted/2016/10/12/id/753083/

Yes, the decision not to prosecute Hillary was political. Those who did the actual investigation knew she was guilty and wanted to revoke her security clearance.

Special prosecutor should have been immediately named to bring out the truth. But not from this less than transparent administration.

Related:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/emails-clinton-aides-touted-her-cordial-relationship-with-lynch/article/2604463

Funny story....

OMFG!!!!!!!

That is priceless.

So....now.....we have evangelicals supporting a molester who has cheated on at least 3 wives. We also have right wingers who ranted and raved about how horrible Obama was for his "apology tour" and now we have Trump doing the same thing.

Damn this election is fun to watch......when you can so blatantly see people totally brainwashed.

Trust me.....it's not nearly as much fun for us conservatives watching our movement implode and seeing many of the people we respected sell out so easily.

The list of people I will never listen to again and the list of people I will never vote for in a future Republican primary have gotten quite long.

What people are you specifically talking about? There have been some people during this that I also have realized I will never support again. It's possible we are talking about different people.

Quick list of people will not listen to again: Fox News, Coulter, Rush, Hannity, Ingraham

Quick list of people I will not support in future Republican Primary/Caucus (I caucused for Rubio this year): Anyone who endorsed Trump. Yes, that includes Rubio, Cruz et al.

I Will admit, some would have a chance to earn back my vote. That chance is inversely related to how strongly and early they endorsed Trump. Huckabee would have less chance than Cruz who would have a less chance than Rubio. Pence is someone I used to really like. Judgement matters, I can't envision ever supporting him in a Republican primary.

• Fire 1

Funny story....

OMFG!!!!!!!

That is priceless.

Quick list of people will not listen to again: Fox News, Coulter, Rush, Hannity, Ingraham

Quick list of people I will not support in future Republican Primary/Caucus (I caucused for Rubio this year): Anyone who endorsed Trump. Yes, that includes Rubio, Cruz et al.

I Will admit, some would have a chance to earn back my vote. That chance is inversely related to how strongly and early they endorsed Trump. Huckabee would have less chance than Cruz who would have a less chance than Rubio. Pence is someone I used to really like. Judgement matters, I can't envision ever supporting him in a Republican primary.

OK...yep....we're on the same page.

Good. I sincerely hope this is the case for millions of Americans. Not because of some petty vindictiveness, but because America needs a healthy, mature, rational conservative movement and it needs it badly. What we have all allowed the Republican party to become is a disgrace to America.

• Fire 6

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/agents-fbi-doj-disgusted/2016/10/12/id/753083/

Yes, the decision not to prosecute Hillary was political. Those who did the actual investigation knew she was guilty and wanted to revoke her security clearance.

Special prosecutor should have been immediately named to bring out the truth. But not from this less than transparent administration.

Related:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/emails-clinton-aides-touted-her-cordial-relationship-with-lynch/article/2604463

That's not what the article said. It cites Fox News (snicker) who cites one anonymous source who claims, Comey's decision was not an unanimous decision, the source said, adding, "It was unanimous that we all wanted her [Clinton's] security clearance yanked."

This is the same garbage we've seen before, from the same source (Fox News) citing, again, no names, nothing substantive.

Be better than this. You keep posting this garbage and it still stinks.

• Fire 3

Funny story....

OMFG!!!!!!!

That is priceless.

I was disappointed that Pence didn't walk all the way off the gang plank and jumped the ship after the Trump film came out. However, I see where some of these guys are. I have great respect for my congressman, however, he was never a Trump supporter but is now in a difficult position. He has to support Trump, not because he is a savior of some kind but because Clinton is a radical left wing ideologue. He and the other Repubs are placed between a rock and a hard place and must decide between support for someone as bad as Trump or surrender to someone who is totally opposed to their values. They see Trump as the only one of these candidates who will appoint (or so he says - he has a list of possible SC appointees) conservative judges. Cruz, Rubio, etc see a Hillary presidency as a SC disaster in waiting. Thus they have no other choice. If these guys had run a better campaign of exposing Trump and instead of just waiting for him to implode - we wouldn't have been in this situation.

As a conservative repub (still registered as one but wondering ....) I feel that tension and as Knapp said before that "Team" mentality gets us into trouble. I sure won't vote for Hillary- & yet I can't vote for Trump. So, I have the freedom to vote 3rd party - an easy choice in a state that won't vote for Hillary. These congressman/senators don't get the same freedom. Oh yes, they could walk into the voting booth and secretly vote for someone else, but in public, they have to support the lessor of 2 evils when it comes to those values - SC, Conservative principles, etc - recognizing that Trump is not a conservative but the lessor of a liberal than Hillary. Yes, there are more moderate Repubs who have no problems to jump ship and vote for Hillary. Of course that brings up another valid argument - what if the more conservative candidate is so bad that one has to take the unusual choice of supporting a more liberal candidate (speaking from a Conservative perspective). If that more liberal candidate was more trustworthy and more palatable than Hillary, than I'd say vote for the liberal person. Both Trump and Hillary have huge negatives. If this was an election between Trump and Biden - Biden would be running away with it. I've voted for liberal dems who were of good character and demeanor (state elections and local elections) over Repubs who were less qualified both in character and/or experience.

Even if I lived in the biggest swing state in the Union, I still wouldn't vote for Trump or Hillary.

These people all have the ability to do what is right. They don't give a flying rats ass about the Supreme court or what ever. They are trying their best to save their asses in there jobs. Take Deb Fisher. First denounces Trump but then, I'm sure she got flooded with emails from people from western Nebraska threatening more than just to not vote for her...so....now she is trying to save face and claim she is still going to vote for him and support him.

BU** SH**......That woman will never get my vote again.

I will guarantee you Sasse will not win reelection because he didn't support Trump. I have one hell of a lot more respect for him than I ever will Fisher.

Sometimes the moral thing to do goes above and beyond saving your ass in your seat in Washington.

The people we are talking about are failing miserably at that.

• Fire 1

"I called on Trump to step aside, but since he didn't...oh well, I'm still supporting the Republican ticket like I never said I wouldn't, and if that ticket has Trump at the top, so be it!" is the most creative non-disavowal I've ever seen. I was easily fooled.

• Fire 1