The General Election

Thought I'd post these word clouds I made from the convention speeches. (Okay, admittedly I just did them on a website instead of making them myself 'cause I was lazy). Anyhow, I might do them from the debates but it'll take a lot more work since I'll have to split up the transcripts by who said what.

Should be easy to tell who is who. Apparently upper/lower case matters because there is president and President.

NMHJAhx.png

MJmYDGZ.png

Here's the actual audio of Hillary Clinton laughing, to prove how the aforementioned hot garbage accusations are in fact, hot garbage.

What I found weird about that video is how much her accent has changed. I think she purposely tried to make it less southern once they were done with Arkansas.

Other way around. She adopted a more southern accent after living in Arkansas a few years (after Bill was defeated after his first term as Governor), as well as adopting the Clinton surname. Prior to that, she was Hillary Rodham. She made both changes because Arkansans felt that she was too much a Yankee and too much a feminist. Arkansans are not the most advanced or tolerant people.

Oh right... I knew she wasn't from there but kinda forgot, heh.

So in other words....she's faker than a three dollar bill.

CNN, June 25, 2014: Gibson said Clinton called him shortly after the judge assigned her to the case and said, “I don’t want to represent this guy. I just can’t stand this. I don’t want to get involved. Can you get me off?

“I told her, ‘Well contact the judge and see what he says about it,’ but I also said don’t jump on him and make him mad,” Gibson said. “She contacted the judge and the judge didn’t remove her and she stayed on the case.”

Clinton: Of course he claimed he didn’t. All this stuff. He took a lie detector test. I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs. [laughs]

Clinton: So I got an order to see the evidence and the prosecutor didn’t want me to see the evidence. I had to go to Maupin Cummings and convince Maupin that yes indeed I had a right to see the evidence [laughs] before it was presented.

Clinton: I wrote all that stuff and I handed it to Mahlon Gibson, and I said, “Well this guy’s ready to come up from New York to prevent this miscarriage of justice.” [laughs]

As always, bnilhome's accusations can be accurately labeled as 'hot garbage'.

But! Do not forget! He will call out Trump when he says something stupid. He is a fair and balanced guy.

Man. It's too bad that no one could see that Trump was in no way a legitimate candidate for president, oh say, 16 months ago...

Even if I lived in the biggest swing state in the Union, I still wouldn't vote for Trump or Hillary.

These people all have the ability to do what is right. They don't give a flying rats ass about the Supreme court or what ever. They are trying their best to save their asses in there jobs. Take Deb Fisher. First denounces Trump but then, I'm sure she got flooded with emails from people from western Nebraska threatening more than just to not vote for her...so....now she is trying to save face and claim she is still going to vote for him and support him.

BU** SH**......That woman will never get my vote again.

I will guarantee you Sasse will not win reelection because he didn't support Trump. I have one hell of a lot more respect for him than I ever will Fisher.

Sometimes the moral thing to do goes above and beyond saving your ass in your seat in Washington.

The people we are talking about are failing miserably at that.

Agree 100 % with bolded

Tom Osborne didn't win reelection either. I remember how awkward it was when this revered Nebraska legend, a Christian who truly walked the walked, was cooly informed that his brand of Republicanism was a little too soft for where the party was headed.

And Trump was reportedly angry that Pence didn't defend him vociferously enough in the VP debate.

Pence actually commands a lot of political capital right now. It would be so tempting for him to start giving Trump the ultimatums rather than the other way around.

Oh yeah....two nights ago a friend of mine got a call from a polling organization, asking if she would support the following replacement candidates for the 2016 election:

Pence as President

Pence as President with Romney as VP

Romney as President

Romney with Jeb Bush as VP

Weird.

Really seems par for the course. Difficult question? Blame current/prospective leadership and foreigners!

What the hell. He'd tell a little girl she needs to be scared about foreign policy, terrorism, crime in the streets and job losses, he and Trump will make it go away and she will become rich.

Mk.

• Fire 1

Here's the actual audio of Hillary Clinton laughing, to prove how the aforementioned hot garbage accusations are in fact, hot garbage.

What I found weird about that video is how much her accent has changed. I think she purposely tried to make it less southern once they were done with Arkansas.

Other way around. She adopted a more southern accent after living in Arkansas a few years (after Bill was defeated after his first term as Governor), as well as adopting the Clinton surname. Prior to that, she was Hillary Rodham. She made both changes because Arkansans felt that she was too much a Yankee and too much a feminist. Arkansans are not the most advanced or tolerant people.

Oh right... I knew she wasn't from there but kinda forgot, heh.

So in other words....she's faker than a three dollar bill.

Eh, no more than most politicians. Over the last 25 years or so, part of my work has required that I interact with politicians of both parties, from Congress to the local level. I can't begin to tell you how many pull the accent bit in the south. One of the weirdest aspects of it is when they appear in person, the accent gets thicker. When they go on TV or radio, it often fades quite a bit. I think the former is to make them appear less intimidating and "more like us" when a more personal connection is needed; the latter is to impart that they are not rubes that are completely unqualified for the job.

Hillary is certainly no saint, and given her desire for a "sphere of privacy" the last thing she should have ever done is run for office, but there is some truth to the claims that anyone subjected to the level and length (in terms of years) of scrutiny she has endured would reveal at least as many flaws as can be found in Hillary. But consider - for much of that time, Republicans/Conservatives have controlled all three branches of government; have spent tens of millions (if not hundreds of millions) of dollars; and have engaged in repetitive investigations that they completely controlled...and have accomplished absolutely nothing in terms of findings against Hillary. That means that either Republicans/Conservatives are the stupidest, most inept and incompetent people alive or that Hillary really has run a pretty clean ship.

I can actually go with either - but statistically speaking, what are the odds that someone has repeatedly and constantly committed wrong-doing and no one (even will all the resources listed above) can prove it? In other words, the odds (and the lack of findings) point to the fact that while she may not rate high on the "likeability" meter, she isn't the corrupt anti-Christ that is alleged.

• Fire 4

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/jerry-falwell-jr-donald-trump-accusers/index.html

"He told me about emails he had from these accusers who wanted to work for him after the supposed event had occurred. And he told me about other email evidence that supports the fact that it didn't happen," said Falwell, whose father, the Rev. Jerry Falwell, founded Liberty University in the 1970s and was a driving force in the "religious right" of that era.

Sorry Trump. This may shed doubt on the accusers' stories but it certainly isn't proof and it won't win you a court case against NYT.

"Donald Trump's a billionaire. If this had happened, I have no doubt in my mind that the accusers would have brought suits many years ago," Falwell said.

So tired of hearing this crap. There's a reason many women come forward in similar circumstances and it's not because they're all lying. I'm guessing a lot of it is because they have no evidence other than their claim.

• Fire 1

Or dont vote for a woman that supports, enables, and defends men who committed violent sexual assault. Again, any person that voted and supported Bill Clinton and claimed he just "lied about sex" has no voice in this accusations against Trump.

In 1992 I couldn't stand Clinton when he was running and I never liked him. Not that I was old enough to vote at the time. But how many of the accusations against him were even out at that point? Didn't Broaddrick come out with her story after Clinton started his 2nd term?

And again, there's no more proof Bill did any of these things than Trump did.

And for the millionth time,

BILL ISN'T RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

There's no more evidence in the Clinton accusers' stories than in the Trump accuser's stories, it's all he said she said. So maybe Trump should be sued when he brings those up.

And no comment on Hillary defending a 41 year old man that raped a 12 year old girl and them trashed the girl claiming ahe wanted attention? Then years later Hillary laughed about the fact she knew he was guilty?

She was an attorney doing her job, and she was laughing about how crappy the lie detector test was, years later. She also said the case was terrible.

And regardless of that, you're comparing this to actually sexually assaulting someone and saying what Hillary did was worse. You really need to think about how crazy this is.

So you would not have voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 or 1996 if you had the chance? There were other women who came forward before Broaddrick including Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, and some from the 1980s when he was governor. And I know Bill is not running, but HIllary played a role in enabling this sort of behavior. There are many accounts of folks who worked in the White House at the time discussing how Hillary tried to trash these women and lead the strategy to discredit them. Now if Hillary and Bill were not pathological liars, perhaps it makes sense to not believe multiple women as well as the staffers.

Regarding her defense of the rapist, she was laughing about the lie detector test BECAUSE SHE KNEW her client was guilty and that she falsely trashed a 12-year old girl. There is audio evidence of this. Neither candidate is great for women, but acting like Hillary is a champion for women is ludicrous.

You think the only reason most of won't vote for The Pig is because he's a Misogynist?

That's amusing.

• Fire 2

Or dont vote for a woman that supports, enables, and defends men who committed violent sexual assault. Again, any person that voted and supported Bill Clinton and claimed he just "lied about sex" has no voice in this accusations against Trump.

In 1992 I couldn't stand Clinton when he was running and I never liked him. Not that I was old enough to vote at the time. But how many of the accusations against him were even out at that point? Didn't Broaddrick come out with her story after Clinton started his 2nd term?

And again, there's no more proof Bill did any of these things than Trump did.

And for the millionth time,

BILL ISN'T RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

There's no more evidence in the Clinton accusers' stories than in the Trump accuser's stories, it's all he said she said. So maybe Trump should be sued when he brings those up.

And no comment on Hillary defending a 41 year old man that raped a 12 year old girl and them trashed the girl claiming ahe wanted attention? Then years later Hillary laughed about the fact she knew he was guilty?

She was an attorney doing her job, and she was laughing about how crappy the lie detector test was, years later. She also said the case was terrible.

And regardless of that, you're comparing this to actually sexually assaulting someone and saying what Hillary did was worse. You really need to think about how crazy this is.

So you would not have voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 or 1996 if you had the chance? There were other women who came forward before Broaddrick including Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, and some from the 1980s when he was governor. And I know Bill is not running, but HIllary played a role in enabling this sort of behavior. There are many accounts of folks who worked in the White House at the time discussing how Hillary tried to trash these women and lead the strategy to discredit them. Now if Hillary and Bill were not pathological liars, perhaps it makes sense to not believe multiple women as well as the staffers.

Regarding her defense of the rapist, she was laughing about the lie detector test BECAUSE SHE KNEW her client was guilty and that she falsely trashed a 12-year old girl. There is audio evidence of this. Neither candidate is great for women, but acting like Hillary is a champion for women is ludicrous.

You think the only reason most of won't vote for The Pig is because he's a Misogynist?

That's amusing.

There's so much wrong with him it's hard to know where to begin.