The General Election

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/politics/jerry-falwell-jr-donald-trump-accusers/index.html

"He told me about emails he had from these accusers who wanted to work for him after the supposed event had occurred. And he told me about other email evidence that supports the fact that it didn't happen," said Falwell, whose father, the Rev. Jerry Falwell, founded Liberty University in the 1970s and was a driving force in the "religious right" of that era.

Sorry Trump. This may shed doubt on the accusers' stories but it certainly isn't proof and it won't win you a court case against NYT.

"Donald Trump's a billionaire. If this had happened, I have no doubt in my mind that the accusers would have brought suits many years ago," Falwell said.

So tired of hearing this crap. There's a reason many women come forward in similar circumstances and it's not because they're all lying. I'm guessing a lot of it is because they have no evidence other than their claim.

The old "Why didn't they bring this up many years ago? Why now?" is a lame deflection of a very serious problem. A lazy attempt to do away with an unpleasant thought, I suppose.

And besides the crippling emotional trauma tha comes with being attacked, can these geniuses REALLY not understand why someone would choose to NOT try to take a verifiable rich, litigious dick like Trump to court? It's the same reason that people do not sue gigantic corporations with huge legal payrolls.

Which is why it's hilarious that he's thinking of suing the Times. The discovery process in court would destroy him, when they start subpoenaing for Apprentice tapes and other things. Nevermind the fact he has no real leg to stand on, legally.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that lawsuit never happens. He's all talk.

• Fire 3

Donald Trump is running out of ways to win

But 25 days before the election, Trump's path to the 270 electoral votes needed to capture the presidency is looking more and more impossible by the day, as states he once said he'd flip from blue to red increasingly slip out of his reach. Meanwhile, reliably red states threaten to turn purple.

"The map looked strong for Clinton at the start of this race and it's looking even stronger for her toward the end of it," Ayres said. "If a landslide is winning in the Electoral College by more than 100 votes, Clinton is on track to do that now."

I honestly wish Romney would have gotten the libertarian nomination as I think he would have won the election.

Mitt Romney?

Are you familiar with the tennets of Libertarianism?

Yes, and I don't believe any candidate fits into a mold perfectly, but that was the most viable 3rd party that had an established structure, and he could have gotten that nomination in my opinion, and would have won the general election.

We wouldn't ever put 'Mitt Romney' and 'libertarian' in the same sentence. Let's get that straight.

Rand Paul could have possibly done it. Mitt engineered an Obamacare-like system before Obamacare was a thing.

Five thirty eight has an interesting article on how Evan McMillan can win Utah, and the presidency. Very unlikely; but a conservative can dream. Sorry I don't know how to link to the article.

Here you go:

How Evan McMullin Could Win Utah And The Presidency

Now wouldn't that be interesting. The election of 1800 all over again.

Evan McMullin is a former Goldman Sachs goon.

Pass.

• Fire 1

Here is something I have been questioning in my mind about these emails that keep getting leaked out.

Now....first let me say....I'm not surprised by anything so this isn't in support of Hillary or claiming she didn't write the emails. But, just pondering something.

Russia has the ability to do basically anything they want with information just like the US can. So.....How do we know that these emails that make Hillary look bad actually were Hillary's emails? These could easily be fabricated with the technology either of these two countries have. Russia clearly would much rather have Trump win. I wouldn't put it past them a bit to fake these emails to try to get Trump elected.