The General Election

I woke up to posts from people on my Facebook saying all men behave this way.

How can anyone who actually knows men in their 60s (or any adult man over 20) think that they ALL talk that way? I've known and loved and respected so many men (THIS DOESN'T BELONG IN THE SHED) and now I'm told ALL MEN DO THIS. Okay, my whole life was a lie! My favorite teacher in high school was a man around 60.

Anyone who does this is attacking the best men in their lives.

While I agree with you 100% if this sounds exactly like what every neighbor says when there's a serial killer in their neighborhood. "I never would've guessed it" he was the nicest guy" came from a great family"

That's an anecdote. Of course there are nice, wonderful, family men (on the surface) who are complete d***s. But I've been told the past two days ALL men do this. Not some men. ALL men. Maybe some of these idiots are thinking of themselves when they were 18 and forgetting Trump was 60 when this was recorded. (Not saying it was okay at 18 either, but I have more understanding of it).

all men do what, exactly. I don't have Facebook because I don't care what anybody ate for dinner. So I don't know exactly what you are referring to

How can anyone who actually knows men in their 60s (or any adult man over 20) think that they ALL talk that way? I've known and loved and respected so many men (THIS DOESN'T BELONG IN THE SHED) and now I'm told ALL MEN DO THIS. Okay, my whole life was a lie! My favorite teacher in high school was a man around 60.

Moiraine, rest assured not all men talk or behave this way. A few do however and that is why there are a whole bunch of bad words used to describe these type of scum. And it also is why we still have rapists, sexual abusers, racists, womanizers, wife beaters and all other manner of deplorables in our society. At this point in time, they all seem to be rallying to Trump. Sorry, but if you are supporting Trump after all that has come to light, you deserve the deplorabe moniker. If you don't denounce it and disassociate yourself from it, you cannot claim to be better than that. And sorry but, "Hillary lied" or "Benghazi" or "Bill is as bad or worse" or "8 years of Obama" just doesn't excuse it at all. Not at all.

While I agree with you 100% if this sounds exactly like what every neighbor says when there's a serial killer in their neighborhood. "I never would've guessed it" he was the nicest guy" came from a great family"

That's an anecdote. Of course there are nice, wonderful, family men (on the surface) who are complete d***s. But I've been told the past two days ALL men do this. Not some men. ALL men. Maybe some of these idiots are thinking of themselves when they were 18 and forgetting Trump was 60 when this was recorded. (Not saying it was okay at 18 either, but I have more understanding of it).

all men do what, exactly. I don't have Facebook because I don't care what anybody ate for dinner. So I don't know exactly what you are referring to

All men talk like Trump did in the leaked audio when they're among their guy friends. All men do it. "Men will be men."

The people (men and women) saying this are failing to note the difference between men who have done this in their lifetimes, maybe when they were teenagers, and men who do it as grown adults.

Moiraine, rest assured not all men talk or behave this way. A few do however and that is why there are a whole bunch of bad words used to describe these type of scum. And it also is why we still have rapists, sexual abusers, racists, womanizers, wife beaters and all other manner of deplorables in our society. At this point in time, they all seem to be rallying to Trump. Sorry, but if you are supporting Trump after all that has come to light, you deserve the deplorabe moniker. If you don't denounce it and disassociate yourself from it, you cannot claim to be better than that. And sorry but, "Hillary lied" or "Benghazi" or "Bill is as bad or worse" or "8 years of Obama" just doesn't excuse it at all. Not at all.

I know they don't. So it pisses me off when people say they do. They're throwing all men under the bus for this piece of sh#t. The people saying this need to grow the f#*k up and quit defending him at all costs. What they're telling me is that I should never vote for a man. Why are they doing this to the men they respect, for f'ing Trump? I'm actually interested in the psychological reasons for this.

• Fire 2

All men talk like Trump did in the leaked audio when they're among their guy friends. All men do it. "Men will be men."

The people (men and women) saying this are failing to note the difference between men who have done this in their lifetimes, maybe when they were teenagers, and men who do it as grown adults.

Hmmmm...now that is interesting.

Setting aside his actual words, look at the context of his statements. He's bragging to a talk show host he barely knows about how he tries to buy sex with furniture buying trips.

That's just pathetic.

How can you foist yourself as a man's man when you apparently have to resort to bribery for sex?

He's pathetic. Just pathetic. His egotisism is dangerous.

You're right of course but there is also a difference other than age and maturity between the way teen boys may engage in this seemingly similar type of locker room talk and an older male such as Trump. When (most) teen boys do it, it may be similarly lewd, bragadocious type talk but it is not done in a manner demeaning to women. IMO opinion there is a huge difference between the comments Trump made (still makes) and the more typical adolescent boy type of gutter talk. A lot of the same words may be utilized but the intent and where it is coming are extremely different places.

This is exactly the type of "free speech" that needs to go away and have major consequences.

Statements like his should result in fines or prison time, period.

I can understand the sentiment but I can't agree with the position.

At the least, voters should not send him to the White House.

Why couldn't this come out 12 months ago?

This is exactly the type of "free speech" that needs to go away and have major consequences.

Haha! I think I'm one of few that understands what you're saying here...

No you aren't.

I understand teach thinks most conversations he has are a joke and usually refuses to say what he actually thinks. Ever since his first post saying Trump should go to jail I figured this was all hilarious to him. Just based on previous conversations.

• Fire 4

Haha! I think I'm one of few that understands what you're saying here...

No you aren't.

I understand teach thinks most conversations he has are a joke and usually refuses to say what he actually thinks.

Negative