The General Election

he's still bragging about trying to have sex with married women while he himself is married.

Why would that matter? It's been public accepted knowledge that he's an unfaithful womanizer for some time yet the evangelical base keeps coming out.

Evangelicals are a tough nut to crack in terms of losing their vote as a Republican. It seems like all you have to do is announce you're pro-choice and talk about protecting religious freedom and you've got the evangelical vote locked up.

I really find that kind of sad, as a Christian myself. I think it's pretty sad that religion gets co-opted by parties as simply as someone being pro-choice or saying how much they love the Bible (which, ironically, has been a part of the sterling Trump Christian outreach effort). And then of course, Catholics lean very strongly to the left, which to me seems odd, given the party's stance on birth control and being pro-choice.

I don't know. I wish religion became less of a one or two issue aspect of politics. Or we could try to be secular in our political decision making. I think there is room for religious influence in the political sphere, though. Personally, religion is a driver for me politically in the sense that my underlying belief to want the best for everyone goes into the way I've shaped my opinions on lots of issues.

• Fire 1

Hypothetically, if I was on Trump's campaign team, this is how I would approach it.

He's already made the claim that he became a Christian this year. That's complete B.S. of course. But since he's already said it, he should talk about it now. He's a Christian now and he's learning from his mistakes. This happened before he was a Christian. He already asked forgiveness for his past transgressions, etc.

There's no way he could possibly pull it off because it would be as complete nonsense as his claim that he conveniently became a Christian this year, but it's the only angle I can see.

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz ® withdraws his endorsement:

Utah governor does too: http://www.sltrib.com/news/4444721-155/after-video-huntsman-says-it-is

This is a state where 538 currently has Trump 50.7, Clinton + Johnson 47.1. As a reminder, "Clinton + Johnson" votes are not combined when apportioning a state's electoral votes.

Happiness at this news notwithstanding, I have to bring up Landlord's point. This was hardly a revelation that turned our understanding of Trump on its head. Why now?

Happiness at this news notwithstanding, I have to bring up Landlord's point. This was hardly a revelation that turned our understanding of Trump on its head. Why now?

I agree with you that it shouldn't have changed anyone's understanding of him. I didn't need to hear this stuff to know he was a sexist ape.

But at least now he can't claim that his negative comments about women are just about Rosie O'Donnell. He doesn't have a defense now except what I mentioned in my previous post (flimsy as it is).

Well... Moraine... he KIND of used your suggestion.

He said his journeys visiting the public have changed him.

Then he called it a distraction from the real issues. He ripped in the Dems.

And he actually pivoted to call Bill an abuser and Hillary a bullier of women.

Wow, what a terrible apology.

I'm in reflexive cringe mode.

• Fire 1

^ There it is. The most Presidential Donald Trump has ever sounded. He finally got caught in something so bad that even HE was self-aware enough to know he needed damage control. Tragically, his supporters will point to that video as a positive, when it really points to an even bigger negative.

• Fire 1

Well I was wondering which campaign (candidate) would implode and settle this thing. Looks like it is the all too obvious Trump going down in flames. Not really surprised, other than the fact that it seems to be happening now and not much closer to election day. Really curious if Pence will bail on him to preserve any future chances. Fun times we're living in.

Wow! Farenthold strikes again. Donald just dominating the headlines in the ways you don't want to be. Sunday's debate should be fun with the latest revelations.

That is the problem, this was brought out to try to cover up the WikiLeaks where Hillary pandered to Wall Street and pretty much stated that everything that she says that she stands for and won't do, she will if she is elected. She said that you need a public opinion and a private opinion, yet the media isn't covering because a reality star who is known for womanizing states a fact that people with his status can get away with anything they want, including sexual harassment and assault. Which that is why Bill is brought up with his checkered past on the same subject. It doesn't make it right, but it is the reality of the situation.

WikiLeaks Stirs Up Trouble for Hillary Clinton

http://www.wsj.com/articles/wikileaks-stirs-up-trouble-for-hillary-clinton-1475891284

He isnt doing or saying anything different then any of you men say on a daily basis , so GIVE IT UP!!!! And it still doesnt top what Bill Clinton did to many woman, While he was President of the United States!!! If you think people are that dumb, that all the dirt that you keep posting, is going to be enough to stop someones vote, your very stupid!

Just another random comment I saw.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? NO, NOT ALL MEN ARE COMPLETE f'ing a$$hole$. QUIT SAYING THIS TO EXCUSE THE ACTIONS OF ONE DEPLORABLE DUMB A**!

• Fire 1

Can you imagine that address from the Oval Office?

Yeah, Landlord, I always get a chuckle out of the Trumpkins that are convinced that this is surely the Clinton campaign that leaked this. That it's just their brand of dirty politics.

Well... NBC owned the tape. And they were going to roll the story next week. But someone leaked it to Fahrenthold. So... where in this chain of command is Clinton?