The General Election

Hillary Rodham Clinton has more than earned, through her service to the country as first lady, as a senator from New York, and as secretary of state, the right to be taken seriously as a White House contender. She has flaws (some legitimately troubling, some exaggerated by her opponents), but she is among the most prepared candidates ever to seek the presidency. We are confident that she understands the role of the United States in the world; we have no doubt that she will apply herself assiduously to the problems confronting this country; and she has demonstrated an aptitude for analysis and hard work.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America’s nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read.

This judgment is not limited to the editors of The Atlantic. A large number—in fact, a number unparalleled since Goldwater’s 1964 campaign—of prominent policy makers and officeholders from the candidate’s own party have publicly renounced him.

That's about where I'm at.

Still pretty amazing this guy got nominated. I think from here out, it will be anti-climatic. I don't see Donald changing his image between now and election day. Start to get use to Madam President Hillary Clinton.

Anti-climatic? While I agree it's obvious who will win the election, as it has been since Trump secured the nomination, but I wouldn't tune out just yet. There's still at least a month's worth of antics yet to come from the Trump camp. Will he bring up Hillary's unfaithful husband in an upcoming debate? Will he show up to the debates? Will he succeed in sparking vigilante groups at the poll stations? What kind of violence will stem from these vigilante groups? Will Trump ever admit that he lost? Stay tuned to see how this monster attempts to further de-legitimatize our electoral process!

• Fire 3

Hillary Rodham Clinton has more than earned, through her service to the country as first lady, as a senator from New York, and as secretary of state, the right to be taken seriously as a White House contender. She has flaws (some legitimately troubling, some exaggerated by her opponents), but she is among the most prepared candidates ever to seek the presidency. We are confident that she understands the role of the United States in the world; we have no doubt that she will apply herself assiduously to the problems confronting this country; and she has demonstrated an aptitude for analysis and hard work.

Donald Trump, on the other hand, has no record of public service and no qualifications for public office. His affect is that of an infomercial huckster; he traffics in conspiracy theories and racist invective; he is appallingly sexist; he is erratic, secretive, and xenophobic; he expresses admiration for authoritarian rulers, and evinces authoritarian tendencies himself. He is easily goaded, a poor quality for someone seeking control of America’s nuclear arsenal. He is an enemy of fact-based discourse; he is ignorant of, and indifferent to, the Constitution; he appears not to read.

This judgment is not limited to the editors of The Atlantic. A large number—in fact, a number unparalleled since Goldwater’s 1964 campaign—of prominent policy makers and officeholders from the candidate’s own party have publicly renounced him.

That's about where I'm at.

Still pretty amazing this guy got nominated. I think from here out, it will be anti-climatic. I don't see Donald changing his image between now and election day. Start to get use to Madam President Hillary Clinton.

Anti-climatic? While I agree it's obvious who will win the election, as it has been since Trump secured the nomination, but I wouldn't tune out just yet. There's still at least a month's worth of antics yet to come from the Trump camp. Will he bring up Hillary's unfaithful husband in an upcoming debate? Will he show up to the debates? Will he succeed in sparking vigilante groups at the poll stations? What kind of violence will stem from these vigilante groups? Will Trump ever admit that he lost? Stay tuned to see how this monster attempts to further de-legitimatize our electoral process!

Is it weird that I read that in the narrator's voice from that episode of South Park where Cartman is trying to find out who his dad is and the narrator gets all dramatic to mock soap operas?

Anyway, agree. I'm all in for the drama down the home stretch. I can't imagine hearing how his VP did so much better than he did while not didn't bother to defend him is going to sit well with the old Trumpeter.

Sunday ought to be something to see. A town hall is a very awkward setting to try to lay into your opponent, but he needs something big to happen to shift the dynamics of the race.

A new group of 30 former GOP leaders signed a letter stating they are not putting their support behind Trump. Some in key states. Reasons:

"Given the enormous power of the office, every candidate for president must be judged rigorously in assessing whether he or she has the competence, intelligence, knowledge, understanding, empathy, judgment, and temperament necessary to keep America on a safe and steady course," the lawmakers wrote. "Donald Trump fails on each of those measures, and he has proven himself manifestly unqualified to be president."

"In nominating Donald Trump, the Republican Party has asked the people of the United States to entrust their future to a man who insults women, mocks the handicapped, urges that dissent be met with violence, seeks to impose religious tests for entry into the United States, and applies a de facto ethnicity test to judges," they wrote. "He offends our allies and praises dictators. His public statements are peppered with lies. He belittles our heroes and insults the parents of men who have died serving our country. Every day brings a fresh revelation that highlights the unacceptable danger in electing him to lead our nation."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/republican-lawmakers-never-trump-letter/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent%29

538's forecast continues to show Clinton increasing her lead. Has her up to 5% in the polls, and back to nearly 80% to win the presidency. They're starting to get post-Vice President debate results and despite Kaine's loss, Clinton continues to rise.

AZ is slightly blue in the now-cast FWIW

Not crazy. But the Repub leadership is crazy :madash for letting it get this far.

There was a report, can't find it now, that Trump had offered Kasich domestic and foreign policy role if he accepted the VP spot - most likely offered the same to Pence if true. If this is true, Trump only saw himself as a figurehead leader. Not serious on policy. Playing the game. It showed in the 1st debate and will most likely show in the 2nd.

'We'?

Don't worry about that. Your own "state" is in play. Time to do your part!

No, no. Who's "we" here, Creighton Duke?

Let's get it out in the open.

What's your "state"?

"we" is the silent majority who reads this board and who favors Mr. Trump

My states are safe. According to my article, you should spend a little bit of time securing yours. ;);););)